(Close Window)
Topic: David Stone - Real Secrets Of Magic - Vol. 2
Hi everyone,

First of all, I guess there is only one thing to say.... Thank You.

Thank you all for the amazing comments and great reactions you have posted since the release of VOL1. Thank you for making it such a success. David and I have been stoned by such an enthusiastic global response to our work. And most of all, thank you for voting [b]The Real Secrets Of Magic[/b], Best Magic DVD 2006.

It really pushed us and motivated us strongly while developing Vol. 2. We have been very attentive to your ideas and remarks so we could bring you an even better film. All I can tell you is that it carries more magic, better magic, illustrated with those little secrets coming from David Stone's experience. With his mix of madness and great professionalism. Those little details that made him what he is today.

And of course the inside look of our team towards magic, more of those rules that seemed to be popular to you guys. It might just a bit raw... but I'd rather keep it a surprise.

So for all those reasons we thought of sharing this little thank you clip. Most of you have been waiting for this next chapter. It will come out soon. You guys made VOL1 a real success we hope Vol. 2 will reach your expectations.

Here is where you can find the trailer /// [b]The Real Secrets - Vol. 2[/b] ///
Enjoy the clip : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xijZBH-nRzc

Best regards from France,
Jean-Luc Bertrand.
Thanks for the update and the video, it looks great. I can't wait for the release. Can you tell us how soon it will be avaliable?
Great!!!
Ican't wait to see it!
When will it release?
Here is an add from Hank Lee:

The first volume was an incredible best seller. One the best videos of 2006! Now, get ready for Volume Two!
Table-hopping or restaurant magic have nothing to do with the kind of close-up magic you might perform for your friends: The professional magician has to entertain people who are not expecting him. He has to use simple and commercial tricks in difficult conditions: Lack of lighting, lack of space, lots of noise.
Besides tricks, David Stone, FISM Award winner 2006, gives you lots of tips for starting your career as a professional magician.
Produced and directed by Jean-Luc Bertrand, this DVD offers a new way of learning magic. He found a funny mix between non stop entertaining while teaching magic.
Tricks with: cards, coins, ropes, bottles, glasses, banknotes, napkins, cigarettes, roses, improvised magic and sponge balls.
- Capture and entertain the audience
- Easy to do commercial magic
- Operate in tough conditions
- Tips and advice to start
Coming very soon. Pre-order now and don’t pay a penny for shipping!

There is a video-clip added.

Peo
Jean-Luc, thanks for the personal announcement.

Here's hoping you'll read this on time: is Vol 2 already available from Davids lecture? I'll be attending one coming Sunday, so fingers crossed!
Where can I buy the first volume besides Hank Lee?
Diamonds Magic in Peabody,MA just got them in. Go to DiamondsMagic.com. Tell them that MagicSteve from the Magic Café sent you. I have been shopping there for years. They ship international too. Give'em a call
Just to clarify...I meant that Diamonds Magic has Volume 1 in stock. My previous post was directed towards Patrick66. Sorry for the confusion but Ed at Diamonds just wanted me to clear things up. Can't wait for Volume 2 though!
Its on Stevens magic site as well
From David himself: Real Secrets Vol. 2 will release in a month.
Just went to a lecture of David Stone here in Holland, which is great to see because of the large amount of practical material for close-up performers. He indeed told us that his new dvd will be out in about 1 month.
I just want to let you all know that you can order "Real Secrets of Magic" Vol. 1 (and Vol. 2 when it is ready for shipping) directly from the website.

http://www.realsecretsofmagic.com

or if you want show your love by going to:

http://www.ihatedavidstone.com

The nice thing is that your DVD will be shipped directly from the U.S. so you don't have to wait for it to make its trans-atlantic flight over.

This material is amazing!

C

P.S. Shipping is FREE!
I am really looking forward to this DVD. I loved Vol1! Keep them coming!
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (May 7, 2007 09:32AM)
David is at the next convention in the UK 'Bristol day of Magic', along with some other great names such as Norbert Ferre and Manuel Muerte. That is basically one month sice Gaafman and Doctor DVD said it would be a month, so perhaps they will have some there???
If others weren't aware this is available for preorder now.
Where can you preorder this?
You can't. Fooksau is incorrect.
Superior magic,

fooksau is actually correct I preordered mine about a month ago from hank lee's magic factory! cannot wait for it to come through unfortunately I live in the uk so its going to take a while for shipping but it will be worth it in the end.

not 100 per cent but looking at the trailer there seems to be a lot of card work the ring box can be seen and quite a few coin effects. same as the first but it looks as though more challenging effects are on the way.

may even check out bristol day of magic thanks christopher for the heads up

kind regards
luke
It's true, but if you are looking for receiving it fast, you might want to check VOL2's website... what they did the first time was to release it only on their site for two weeks. I'm pretty sure they'll do that again.
Only thing is they don't do preorders.
[b]OH WOW!!![/b] IM glad I caught this. I truly Loved Vol-1 I will be checking daily.
Theres a shop here in aus taking pre orders
vol 1 is definately one of my fave dvds
(BOAST)
Ive seen him live at our magic club
In real life he is unbelievable
Looking forward to this one
:)
TJ
Message: Posted by: FlippingWonderful (May 14, 2007 02:51PM)
Is there an ETA for this? Vol 1 was a fantstic DVD and David is very funny and incredibly skillful.
Must be soon......
anyone?
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (May 16, 2007 04:06PM)
About a month or two according to David at Bristol
Thanks chris
I'm sure it will be worth the wait
on a tangent, do you know if alakazam have anymore good dvd releases coming up?
ie james brown etc.....?
thanks mate
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (May 17, 2007 12:26PM)
I think I know a couple, well, I know one for definite, but I am keeping tight lipped, Peter I'm sure will let people know in due course, as long as you all realise I am first in line for everything he releases!!!
Volume 1 was my favorite DVD last year. I can't wait until volume 2 is out. Its rare that a magic dvd of this quality comes with magic that you can sit back and watch, and not become bored.
Real Secrets of Magic is also available from Madhatter Magic, at the best price on the web, from what I've seen. Fast, friendly service, and shipping is 'almost' free, it's so cheap.

It's only 24.95 from Madhatter. I haven't seen it anywhere at a better price. I have a number of other DVD's coming in from them, so 'Secrets' will have to wait.

For those who have it, ENJOY.

smitty
Lee Asher also has it available on his website. Not sure how much it is but I would check it out.

http://www.leeasher.com/david_stone_magic.htm
YESSSSSSS!!! I can't wait for the release! Volume 1 was the greatest! Lets hope Volume 2 can top that. =] =]

-Vinnie
Just got Vol 1 and LOVE it. It and Flickin' Fingers the Movie, phenomonal.
Just got Vol. 1 and absolutely in love with it! A+ purchase, only wish I had known about it sooner! Can't wait for Vol. 2, and will be getting it without hesistation!

Thanks!
Almost double digits there B_Magic :O and yes, I agree that the dvd flowed very nicely and boy did he have some funny excerpts!
MagicZoom.com said that people close to the producers of the DVD will be "imminently released." Let us hold hands and pray.

ihatedavidstone
I can;t wait for this vol one was excellent david is one of my favorates. I love the part when he makes that guys wife disaapear =D
Any updates on this one?
Still don't know went is coming, hopeful is coming soon!
Hi guys,

I heard it"ll b e out in July the 14th.
Get ready folks
Arthur
I have just watched david stone vol 1 and its the first magic dvd I havent fast forwarded in a long time everything is useable on the dvd. I havent really seen this guy at all but this is going to change as he is a breath of fresh air for me,fantastic !!! look forward to vol 2.
[quote]
On 2007-06-26 05:28, Tivoli wrote:
Hi guys,

I heard it"ll b e out in July the 14th.
Get ready folks
Arthur
[/quote]

completely wrong. I know for sure (very close sources) that the official date is August the 20th ( for David's Birthday)
Tant mieux je m'etais comme tu le sais basé sur ce que disait Niko
[quote]
On 2007-06-27 10:36, totothemagician wrote:

... I know for sure (very close sources) that the official date is August the 20th ( for David's Birthday)
[/quote]

That T's me off as it was advertised for sale and I paid for it MONTHS ago.
Ive on;y heard of david, but I just watched the trailers for real sectrets of magic vol. 1 and 2, I was amazed as well as cracking up.
A french friend told me that david stone were involved in a car trash this week-end in France: The DVD should be delayed ?
That's sad to hear, hope hes all right. how will we all live without secrets of magic vol. 3?
[quote]
On 2007-07-01 17:25, alex225 wrote:
A french friend told me that david stone were involved in a car crash this week-end in France: The DVD should be delayed ?
[/quote]

He was nailed by a car at the end of Volume 1....but recovered quite quickly I'm told.
Ok so when's this out?
I've waited long enough now....
Release date has been confirmed as 1st September.
Never mind the dvd for now. lets hope david is well.
I will be very much suprised if the releasedate would be prior to midoctober during El Duco's Magic Weekend, where David will perform.
[quote]
On 2007-04-08 15:00, jlbertrand wrote:
Here is where you can find the trailer /// THE REAL SECRETS - VOL2 ///
Enjoy the clip : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xijZBH-nRzc

Best regards from France,
Jean-Luc Bertrand.
[/quote]
Wow! What a cool clip. The video looks awesome. I'd love to see a review posted as soon as someone gets a copy. I'm not familiar with David Stone's work. Although I've certainly heard his name (being a "Stone" myself, I remember it).

Any reviews yet?
Yesterday I watched volume 1.
the performance part is really awesome, the advice is very good.
today I did a look in the explanation part and was a bit disappointed.
the camera does a great job, and david does to exeprt he doesn't talk, but I would have found it better, if david had talked.
I saw, that by an elmsly count, there was written helmsley, was that a mistake, or can you say that too?
mfg Gelbe
I loved the silent explanations I makes them work harder to show you. its assumed you know the moves , your just learning the routine. its not for beginners
Well I'm glad I got to wet my beak a bit.
Is David Stone deaf? Just wondering... great magician!!

Robert
No he has a strong french accent >.>
He's got some some "Stone Cold Magic." I'm glad I grabbed that name before he did. Whew! :)
That's right. you really are supposed to know many things.
but I am an icecold beginner in rope-magic, so this part was quite difficult(haven't done yet, but tried, yes)
Any more news about a release date ? Oh and I believe he is deaf.
I highly, highly doubt that he is deaf.
David is definitely not deaf, I've spoken to him personally.

Although I'm sure the DVD will be worth the wait, enough with the postponing already!
When I spoke to DVD at his lecture in April, he told me it would be out in a month from then, which would be mid-May.

Then we hear July, August, and now September?!
The man is not deaf, his accent is just really that thick. I also believe that he know a few more languages, I give him praise, it has got to be hard to do and instructional DVD in both his native and American language. Its still top five of all my DVDs not just in material but production. I only expect the same or dare I say it, better from Vol-2 so David take your time and give us the best...
I hear the dvd will coincide with the 2012 Olympics...
David is not deaf. English is his seond language and he does wonderful. Ever hear Americans try to speak french? It is soooooo bad!!! Ever hear some Americans try to speak English? It's even worse!
[quote]
On 2007-07-28 14:04, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
David is not deaf. English is his seond language and he does wonderful. Ever hear Americans try to speak french? It is soooooo bad!!! Ever hear some Americans try to speak English? It's even worse!
[/quote]
Even worse, have you ever heard people from Quebec try to speak French? <-- Joke!
Hi foks
David is not deaf, exept from one hear..... he has some troubles. But I'm sure when he writes he does't have any french accent at all. That's the David Stone's touch.
Regards from Bulgaria
Arthur
Well its on the front page of Ellusionist.
It isn't in my mailbox. :(
Mine either *sigh*
Wow... ellusiont is releasing vol 2 tomarrow... north american exlusive. and download is available... I'm a bit shocked check it out
Same here and they don't even sell vol 1. hmm I'm very surprised.
Supposedly Ellusionist.com has the North American exclusive on this item. It is recommended that you check with your retailer if you have already pre-ordered this (I know some sites have offered a pre-order and if it truely is exclusive, you should know if they will be stocking it). Just a heads up guys.
Maybe Ellusionist is being given the right to offer this as a download first. Then at a later date other dealers will be able sell the actual disc. Just a thought.
After all, magic is a business...

Downloads... hah....what should I say...
http://realsecretsofmagic.com/

So who do I getthis from. I need to know to order right now.
Ellusionist is saying they have exclusive rights to the North America release. Available at 9:00 am (Pacific Standard Time) 7/31/07.

Makes me wonder what happens with everyone who pre-ordered from other sites...
New trailer looks pretty good!
I give it 3 days before it hits the illegal downloadings sites (i'll watch). Most new ellusionist releases that are instant downloads do at least.

Creators gotta think of that stuff!
Its here ladies and gentleman
that's right
its on the way

and I truly cannot wait for it to come through my post box! as previously mentioned ive pre-ordered not sure when hank lee might send it to me though I'm sure it will be soon.

just a quick run down of what to expect (taken from official david stone website) is, more tips and advice - manage the audience - guarantee your tips - resell yourself after each show (could be very interesting) - develop a strong and commercial magic.
you've also got, fism act story which includes the making of - documentary 24 days to build an act for the world championships of magic and a photo galllery.
now for the real stuff... 15 brand new effects including names such as

french kiss
sam card
ca$h ca$h
cocoon
billswitch
ringbox
soubock
duncan
reset
mulberry
misglass
cigcoin
william
guess card
encore

now to me this sounds brilliant and if you are an avid fan well like me you will have watched the trailer for vol2 several times on famous sites such as youtube waiting in antiscipation hoping for a glimpse of what might be in it... and I'm very excited to say it looks good and has a lot of hype from a lot of people. good luck with your purchases and I'm sure there will be a proper review on magic Café real soon.
thanks everyone
luke
[quote]
On 2007-07-31 14:43, daviaac wrote:
Its here ladies and gentleman
that's right
its on the way

Ive pre-ordered not sure when hank lee might send it to me though I'm sure it will be soon.
[/quote]

Pre-ordered from Hank Lee? Volume 3 will be relased before you get your order.
:rotf:
Got this, watched it, liked it.

I prefer 1 but 2 is worth consideration. Same high production values. Same commercial magic from the Frenchman.
I gotta say, this is probably one of the best produced set of DVD's that I've ever seen. I have never had my attention held like that from a magic video before. Even though these guys were new to filming, they did a great job, and have a knack for this.

David.
Sleightly off-topic, but has anyone noticed how the title graphics in the recent batch of Penguin Magic instant downloads looks a lot like the ones in the two productions? Guess effects aren't the only things that get ripped off...
Well this all sounds great but I'm gonna need a real review. I loved the first one for everything, Effects, explanations and just over all great entertainment. Is this second one left wanting or does it fit the bill? The Trailer looks good, most of all I like the what seems to be a reverse triumph routine where all the cards turn face up in your hand and there selection is reversed in the middle. But how is the rest of them?
It's here? is it? where?
can I have it?
[quote]
On 2007-07-31 18:01, paisa23 wrote:
Well this all sounds great but I'm gonna need a real review. I loved the first one for everything, Effects, explanations and just over all great entertainment. Is this second one left wanting or does it fit the bill? The Trailer looks good, most of all I like the what seems to be a reverse triumph routine where all the cards turn face up in your hand and there selection is reversed in the middle. But how is the rest of them?
[/quote]

Paisa23, the second one is very good I'm glad I picked it up and there are things I'll definitely use. Picking which is the best btween vols one and two is tricky, but if pushed I'd probably put volume one slightly ahead.

Apart from the routines, Vol 2 talks about various situations that a retaurant worker will encounter, such as tips, hecklers and working the table effectively etc.

There is some great advice regarding the above issues but the real reason I purchased this was for the routines and once again David doesn't fail to deliver.

There is some really nice coin stuff (productions etc.) and some very nice 'commercial' card routines. The routine you mentioned is a real worker and one that I intend to use. There is also a great travellers routine on there which I really love.

In addition he has some routines using items other than coins and cards - such as napkins, cigarettes, glass etc.

Pretty much all of these routines are workers that you could use easily in a walk around setting. Having said that, there are a couple which use some table space (he talks about his method of getting space on a table elsewhere on the DVD) and there is one which is a stand alone effect - by that I mean that it needs a bit of set up and it certainly doesn't reset. It's a great effect though - it's called Duncan.

Hopefully that short but sweet review will be of some help. I would say though, that if you liked Volume One you'll like Volume Two.

Cheers
Billy
[quote]
On 2007-07-31 13:17, tian_ci wrote:
I give it 3 days before it hits the illegal downloadings sites (i'll watch). Most new ellusionist releases that are instant downloads do at least.

[/quote]

Defintely, I agree no more than that... maybe even within 24 hours ...
[quote]

[/quote]

It won't be because of the download. Whole DVD's are ripped and posted online. It's happening to everyone. Also... so nice of you to watch... how many have you downloaded?

David.
[quote]
On 2007-07-31 22:38, Kronos9326 wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]

It won't be because of the download. Whole DVD's are ripped and posted online. It's happening to everyone. Also... so nice of you to watch... how many have you downloaded?

David.
[/quote]

Actually, I find it quite interesting to watch. I cry when I see something I bought posted online for the entire world to take for free, but it's good to know what's been circulated and what has not. Just because people know where to get it doesn't mean that they do.

You don't find it weird that "Ellusionist secrets" is probably the most searched term in magic? When a video is released by E, you know that it is a high quality video, but on the other hand, you KNOW that it will much more likely be posted on the internet than if it was from another company. Just makes it that much harder.
[quote]
On 2007-07-31 21:15, BIlly James wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-07-31 18:01, paisa23 wrote:
[/quote]

Paisa23, the second one is very good I'm glad I picked it up and there are things I'll definitely use. Picking which is the best btween vols one and two is tricky, but if pushed I'd probably put volume one slightly ahead.

Apart from the routines, Vol 2 talks about various situations that a retaurant worker will encounter, such as tips, hecklers and working the table effectively etc.

There is some great advice regarding the above issues but the real reason I purchased this was for the routines and once again David doesn't fail to deliver.

There is some really nice coin stuff (productions etc.) and some very nice 'commercial' card routines. The routine you mentioned is a real worker and one that I intend to use. There is also a great travellers routine on there which I really love.

In addition he has some routines using items other than coins and cards - such as napkins, cigarettes, glass etc.

Pretty much all of these routines are workers that you could use easily in a walk around setting. Having said that, there are a couple which use some table space (he talks about his method of getting space on a table elsewhere on the DVD) and there is one which is a stand alone effect - by that I mean that it needs a bit of set up and it certainly doesn't reset. It's a great effect though - it's called Duncan.

Hopefully that short but sweet review will be of some help. I would say though, that if you liked Volume One you'll like Volume Two.

Cheers
Billy

[/quote]

You did it Justice brother, I will order tomorrow. Thanks again.
I have ordered it. I tried the download from ellusionist but it does not work with macs because of window media players evil DRM. Somehow I managed to get through the net. But, they very kindly, are refunding my order and I have ordered the dvd direct from http://realsecretsofmagic.com/
Woooooow wasnt expected this so soon I'm ordering mine later.David stone is great loads of videos on youtube links below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfQHME615hg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w6Gn-zi6NI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln1OxlPH5DM
Krono's thanks for the assumption. How many have I downloaded? None, Nada, Nothing.

It is nice for me to watch, I've reported several file sharing sites to ellusionist. You should be thanking me instead of pointing the finger.

Regards
Matt
I look sometimes as well. I'm nto sure why I think I like torturing myself there is nothing like shelling out 20-50 dollars then see its beign distrubuted for free to the world
[quote]
On 2007-08-01 11:35, tian_ci wrote:
Krono's thanks for the assumption. How many have I downloaded? None, Nada, Nothing.

It is nice for me to watch, I've reported several file sharing sites to ellusionist. You should be thanking me instead of pointing the finger.

Regards
Matt

[/quote]

If that's the case then:

1. Thanks.
2. My apologies for the insinuation.

David.
[quote]

Regards
Matt

[/quote]

Really? I reported that once to Ellusionist and that stupid person reply they cannot read Chinese and do not know what is it...

The freaking Bit Torrent icon is right on the screen and they know nothing!

How am I suppose to help the community? Buy my own flight ticket to the States and teach them how to search those BT torrents? What a joke!
Calm down, Steven. You can't expect an US magic company to take any action against other web site that locate in Asia. They are so far away~
[quote]
On 2007-08-02 12:08, zerofire wrote:
Calm down, Steven. You can't expect an US magic company to take any action against other web site that locate in Asia. They are so far away~
[/quote]

Thanks for chill out my anger... but I do not think I can calm down about the magic scene these days...
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Aug 2, 2007 10:44PM)
[quote]
On 2007-08-02 12:08, zerofire wrote:
[/quote]

the legal situation might also be different . . .
Alright, I like these DVD's. I think there is a lot of solid good material, as well as a lot of good advice from a seasoned pro. Only one thing really irks me, and that is the teaching method. I have both DVD's and while it works with some effects it really bothers me with the more complex effects such as Reset or the Rope routine. I think its a cool idea to do it with music, but maybe I am just use to the older teaching methods. I just think its really hard to nail some of the moves when your just watching him do it with some music going on and not saying one freakin word....

Anyone else feel this way?
Yes great Dvd yet again. It is hard going through some of the routines silently but it got better as I persevered. The secrets of magic vol 1 &2 together amount to a great collection of very useful advice and practical presentations that challenge abd yet are great workers too.
[quote]
On 2007-08-02 00:08, Steven Leung wrote:
[quote]

Regards
Matt

[/quote]

Really? I reported that once to Ellusionist and that stupid person reply they cannot read Chinese and do not know what is it...

The freaking Bit Torrent icon is right on the screen and they know nothing!

How am I suppose to help the community? Buy my own flight ticket to the States and teach them how to search those BT torrents? What a joke!
[/quote]

If the MPAA and RIAA are having a hard time getting torrents removed from the web, how much success do you think Ellusionist will have?

David.
[quote]

If the MPAA and RIAA are having a hard time getting torrents removed from the web, how much success do you think Ellusionist will have?

David.
[/quote]

Sorry, I have no idea what you think about the word 'success.' All I know is 9 out of 10 beginner in magic these days learn by stealing instruction videos by any source available.

Succees sometimes is not calculate in terms of money.

I do not care if Ellusionist make US$10 million profit or not per year. If those 'Easy to do stealing techniques' not available your company may even earn 2 folds, even 3 folds more.

Besides, learn to perform magic are not equal to stealing ...

It is up to you to believe it or not, but I can tell you, hundreads of copies of magic videos are being shared for FREE each and every single day.

Peace,
[quote]
On 2007-08-06 22:12, Steven Leung wrote:

Sorry, I have no idea what you think about the word 'success.' All I know is 9 out of 10 beginner in magic these days learn by stealing instruction videos by any source available.
[/quote]

You're original post complained that we didn't answer you, and as a result felt that you needed to educate us on how the internet works. I don't see however, how you managed to sneak in the sentence above when I was simply telling you, (and listen carefully), nothing can be done about torrents.

[quote]
Succees sometimes is not calculate in terms of money.
[/quote]
Perhaps. Success is also measured in the achievement of your goals. If your goal is to make money. Success! If your goal is to become a magician. Success! If your goal is to shut down torrent sites and magic-related filetrading methods.... good luck. We do what we can, but even a smart person knows to fight the battles you have a chance of winning.

[quote]
I do not care if Ellusionist make US$10 million profit or not per year. If those 'Easy to do stealing techniques' not available your company may even earn 2 folds, even 3 folds more.
[/quote]

See previous sentences.

[quote]
Besides, learn to perform magic are not equal to stealing ...
It is up to you to believe it or not, but I can tell you, hundreads of copies of magic videos are being shared for FREE each and every single day.

Peace,
[/quote]

And performing a bad double-lift isn't criminal.. but it should be a crime. Like I said, it's out there, and everyone knows it. As previously stated ... if the MULTI-BILLION dollar music and movie industry's aren't able to shut these sites down, then what makes you think a small magic company can?

Perhaps we should fly over to where you are and teach you about economics. What a joke!

... oh.. that was sarcasm by the way.

Now how about getting this thread back on topic?

David.
Mr. Kronos9326,

I do not need your Economics 101, check your PM, my discussion about ilegal download ends here.

You want my review, well, I give you mine:

Buy it. It is an excellent DVD, compare with those teaching you a single trick for US$30 or more, this is a real bargain.
Steven:

Thank you. I agree with everything you say regarding this video.

David.
Is this DVD only being sold through Ellusionist? If so, that's really disappointing.
Illegal downloads make me think about glass houses and of how ellusionist took (without asking) other people's material and used it to turn a profit.
[quote]
On 2007-07-31 10:23, Matt Bartz wrote:
Ellusionist is saying they have exclusive rights to the North America release. Available at 9:00 am (Pacific Standard Time) 7/31/07.

Makes me wonder what happens with everyone who pre-ordered from other sites...
[/quote]

I got a letter from Hank Lee a couple days ago saying that he will credit or refund all pre-orders for this DVD. He is also giving everyone who pre-ordered a $15 gift certificate, and is offering to pay postage if you choose to pick another DVD of equal value.

Robert
Does it count if I [i]meant[/i] to order it from Hank Lee but forgot?

Aghh shucks.
Now e is taking advantage of the foreigners who don't know their schtick
I like the card spin he does in the card to mouth routne
looks like a hot shot without the cuttting?
I have had a play around with this but with no luck....
anyone no where I can learn this move?
thanks again!
matt wainwright
His first DVD secrets of magic Vol 1 was outstanding, one of the the best I had seen in a very long time. After getting Vol 2, which of course I was very excited to see. It seemed to me, that his vol 1 was a composite of years of his magic, being boiled down to a few hours and vol 2 is what was leftover along with more advice.

It is also possible he was pushed to rush vol 2. The second one, had the same quality camera work, but It just wasn't as strong as the first vol when it comes to the choices of material.
I learn a lot of French magic, and when I first came across David stone’s stuff, It was interesting, but I found the way he talked very annoying. Quickly learning why there was a term “Froggy French”. In his most current releases, he is much better to listen to speaking English.

David stone's DVDs are much more valuable than just a mere composite of tricks. Anyone who performs will know, to Debug or workout things in a magic a routine can waste a month sometimes years of your life trying to perfect routines. David Stones routines are clean and powerful. It shows all of his experience has boiled down to this production. The real value is in the way his routines are constructed and a great example of how to design great magic. These Will be sure to become listed as classic “must learn” Dvd
Besides, his Coin Magic Tape 1 & 2 (Now in DVD format) has many great gems in Coin Magic that make misdirection the strongest weapon of David Stone, check them out and you will not be disappointed.
I too got the impression it was what was "left over" from vol 1
I had read somewhere that it was filmed at the same time as vol 1
its still a good dvd, with good advice in there too
the best effect for me to perform was his version of the triumph effect, cant remember he title?
in the first dvd he says about how the effects must be suitable for: walkaround, surrounded, in the hands, no table etc....
well there isn't quite so much on the 2nd vol that meet all those requirments
even all that said, not production
entertaining to watch
and I'm sure there are a few effecs for everyone in there.....
vol 3 david?
Just have to say, as a relatively new member of the community, I really enjoyed Vol. 1 and if Vol. 2 is similar (even if it is some of the "left over" material from Vol. 1) I'm really looking forward to it. Now if I could only do a classic coin palm like David Stone..........
Just arrived
http://www.magicbox.uk.com/shop.php/shop/books-and-dvds/magic-dvd-39-s/david-stone-vol2/p_898.html
Matt.magician/gabriel knight
hey guys I don't mean to be argumentative but I disagree slightly on the basis you believe this dvd is has left over tricks from vol 1 in fact I think some of his greatest work is on vol 2 his handling of card to mouth double shoe production snap change and his reset. I must admit I've been waiting desperatly to learn the handling of quite a few of his tricks. these effects are on david's day to day repetoir which he performs at most live events I can also say most of his effects once viewed for the umpteenth time still blew me away both dvd's included.

p.s. does anyone know if there is a good review yet I would have thought one would have been released fairly soon after people had received it.
I still would recommend buying it for the similar reasons that I too stated
although, I would say his handling of the card to mouth trick was exactly revoloutionary
there are some good effects on the 2nd vol
I just thought vol 1 met the criteria that he first lays out better
talking of the card 2 mouth, where can I learn that spin out.......?
David williamson's book, maybe? The move is credited to him.
Just got it, and I have to say, it is exatly the high quality DVD I was expecting. Now to practice!
Another great DVD from David Stone. My favorite effect is called "Duncan." David takes a small piece of paper and folds it and sets it on fire. He drops the paper into a glass of water and a live goldfish appears.
I agree Mr Mike.
Where can you get the special you know what. Don't think any of my collection of 8 things can hold it.
Just finished watching the dvd..it was excellent! I havent seen vol 1 but I'm def going to try picking it up after seeing this...

I was just wondering though...Does anyone know where I can purchase the "ringbox" and the goldfish gimmick?

Thanks
AP
Don't a lot of effects taught in this series require extra gimmicks and props??
I heard that that the cut David Stone executes on the Secrets 1-DVD (Effect: Ghost) should be explained on the Secrets 2-DVD. Does anybody know where I can find it? I watched the whole DVD but it is not there???

Carsten
I wrote a very very big review.
Please comment underneath it.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=229010&forum=111
[quote]
On 2007-10-21 22:54, Alan Patrick wrote:
Just finished watching the dvd..it was excellent! I havent seen vol 1 but I'm def going to try picking it up after seeing this...

I was just wondering though...Does anyone know where I can purchase the "ringbox" and the goldfish gimmick?

[/quote]

The goldfish gimmick is the same Kevin James sells on his site & the Ringbox is Vikings go quarter go
Thanks for the info trickyat86!

I'm gonna have to go pick those up..i can think of a few applications for them both in a couple of my routines...

Is a goldfish give away too much for a corporate walkaround Christmas party? A buddy of mine is a wholesaler and owns a "fish farm" so I can get a lot of them for pretty cheap.

Thanks again :)
AP
I have never found out how to switch the audio to English. Isn't there a way to do this?
Maybe not, but the pearl case is primarily English and seems to indicate one can chose among four languages.
Thanks if you can resolve my problem either way. -Ed