(Close Window)
Topic: Armando Lucero New DVD Set
I have no words for this, and I believe you won't as well...

https://www.sansminds.com/product/armando/
Students and people who have taken Armando's workshops have known about this for a while now. This is the result of so many people stealing and publishing Armando's material as their own without credits. That said this Dvd set contains just material that is already out there. These Dvd's don't have anything from Pasteboards or Coin Menagerie workshops. People paid a lot of money for exclusivity of that material and Armando respects that. So no table card switches, no empanada, no matrix work ect. That said having seen some of the routines from this Dvd set there will be some really good visual material here but it wont be easy.

J-M
Message: Posted by: Christopher James Rose (Feb 2, 2018 11:17AM)
Hey guys,

So I'm Christopher Rose and I manage Armando Lucero. I am also on this DVD set as a teaching aide and student of Armando's work. Since there was a lot of secrecy surrounding this project and the year that went into its development, I wanted to clarify a few things and address what was said in the previous comment.

First of all, 100% of this material is original. Armando created almost all of it for the purpose of this project. Some of the plots of the effects have been around for years but not these methods and techniques. Armando wanted to made sure the was something for everyone.. including his private students.

I should also say that there are, in fact, table switches and there is a version of the Empanada plot... among other things, but I won't spoil the surprises.

I've worked with Armando for years and I can tell you this set has a lot to offer anyone. I was learning the entire time we were filming, and everyone on the crew of SansMinds were blown away at the thinking behind this stuff as well as the performances.

The most important thing is that he imparts much of his philosophy, method of learning, method of creativity and development and also magical theory. Not to mention it's the only time he is every going to do something like this.

I really wish that I could say more, but I have to wait until March 1st. Regardless, I highly recommend that everyone pick up a copy.

So, of you're expecting anything you've seen before you are going to be shocked. This is some very different and brilliant stuff. And the entirety of the project hasn't even been announced yet.
Well this is directly from Armando

"Because I care deeply about this I wanted to let you know that none of the workshop material concerning Shovel Scoop, Flip Slip, Coin Menagerie, or Empanada will be shared except for those things already publicly known. "

J-M
Message: Posted by: Christopher James Rose (Feb 2, 2018 11:43AM)
Yup, that is still true.

This is different stuff. Stuff that will only be found on the dvds. And what he means by publicly known is a little more niche than you might expect.
So season pass will get us everything related to this project? What are the bundled packages and perks all about? I really do not want any surprises after purchasing the season pass only to discover there are certain things I still need to pay.
One of the greatest practitioners of the art I have ever had the privilege to witness...but, such a very poor choice of companies to release through and I do not say that lightly.

Best Wishes Michael
Message: Posted by: Christopher James Rose (Feb 2, 2018 12:46PM)
Well, having been there during the process and making decisions about it with Armando I can say that SansMinds was absolutely the right choice.

We saw that they are a company that's really dedicated to magic as an art and they all want to further that art to help humanity.
I would also like to know about the Season Pass, once you pay the full amount of $150, there is nothing else to pay?

Thanks

Alex
Message: Posted by: Christopher James Rose (Feb 2, 2018 01:21PM)
So the season pass is all 3 of the dvds as digital content. There will be bundles and other offers on March 1st for people that want more bonus content.
MindControlArtist, sadly nothing could be further from the truth. This is truly the worst decision that Armando could have ever made and whilst I still wish him the very best of success with it. I would rather give any idea I have ever had away for free than pay a penny to contribute to that company even if Armando's name is involved. I will not derail the tread any further, except to say that irrespective of my thoughts, anyone who has the opportunity to see anything of Armando's is in for a genuine treat, he is one of the best around (no offence intended to his or his team). Sansminds however are a complete joke and have no respect for the art.

Bowing out of this thread as I have already expressed my sentiments.
Message: Posted by: Christopher James Rose (Feb 2, 2018 03:10PM)
Well, you certainly have the right to think as you wish. But I believe Armando is fully capable of making the right decision when it comes to his work, and obviously his actions speak louder than these posts.

As a side note, I supported his decision wholeheartedly when we started the work. The guys at SansMinds are really brilliant people who care deeply about magic, production, and mystery. They are also unique. We were both blown away, and it's unfortunate that so few are recognizing that SansMinds has changed direction, grown, and is truly working for the greater benefit of magicians everywhere.

Hopefully, Armando and my effort will demonstrate that.
[quote]On Feb 2, 2018, MindControlArtist wrote:
So the season pass is all 3 of the dvds as digital content. There will be bundles and other offers on March 1st for people that want more bonus content. [/quote]

Is the $150 Season Pass for pre-orders only, or is the price still valid on/after March 1 when the actual information necessary to make an informed purchasing decision becomes available?
[quote]On Feb 2, 2018, Tim Cavendish wrote:
[quote]On Feb 2, 2018, MindControlArtist wrote:
So the season pass is all 3 of the dvds as digital content. There will be bundles and other offers on March 1st for people that want more bonus content. [/quote]

Is the $150 Season Pass for pre-orders only, or is the price still valid on/after March 1 when the actual information necessary to make an informed purchasing decision becomes available? [/quote]

From the ad: "Available Now: Season Pass (Available until March 15th Only)"
Now I feel like empanadas...
[quote] On Feb 3, 2018, PhilDean wrote:
Now I feel like empanadas... [/quote]

Which means?
Message: Posted by: Christopher James Rose (Feb 25, 2018 08:35PM)
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to inform you that we uploaded a short FAQ with Armando on our Instagram page.

www.instagram.com/SansMinds

The footage was taken directly from the DVDs. Hopefully you all enjoy it.
FAQ was very informative in a very short time! thanks for sharing that.
The Question about Youtube was interesting, and I'm wondering why Armando had decided to share part of his work in videos? Not afraid about illegal piracy? I hope Sansmind has worked on something to protect Armando's sharing.
Well, they payed him tons of money. When there's money on the table there's no much more to think about.
Message: Posted by: Christopher James Rose (Feb 27, 2018 03:19PM)
[quote]On Feb 26, 2018, LoďcJ. wrote:
FAQ was very informative in a very short time! thanks for sharing that.
The Question about Youtube was interesting, and I'm wondering why Armando had decided to share part of his work in videos? Not afraid about illegal piracy? I hope Sansmind has worked on something to protect Armando's sharing. [/quote]

This is a great question. Every day, we are fighting illegal piracy and have strategies in place to protect all of our artists including Armando.

The work on the Paper Cuts DVD is different from the work he shares in his private workshops. Though, his philosophy is consistent with everything he teaches. On March 1st, we will release the full detailed trailer (almost 5 min long) which will explain the Paper Cuts DVD series more clearly.
Message: Posted by: Christopher James Rose (Mar 1, 2018 08:58PM)
Hello Everyone,

The full trailer for Armando Lucero's Paper Cuts is now live. Just visit the product page at:

www.sansminds.com/armando

Christopher
What do you receive for 150.00, the way it is stated on the site, is it just digital downloads of the series. Then more cost to actually get the DVD's? Pretty confusing, to know what you actually get. Anyone one else see this?
Well, it seems confusing for me too.
Does someone knows exactly what are the differents offers, their price and contents ?
Yes, agreed. Confusing. I love Armando and his serious passion for magic. But although the new video helps show what is on each DVD, I still don't understand the bundles etc. Can a SansMind representative pleasr step in here and clarify? Greatly appreciated. Thank you
Message: Posted by: Christopher James Rose (Mar 3, 2018 08:59PM)
[quote]On Mar 3, 2018, GreenKnight33 wrote:
Can a SansMind representative pleasr step in here and clarify? Greatly appreciated. Thank you [/quote]

Yes! Hello.

It seems that a few people have been confused, and so we will be redesigning the page as soon as we can. For now, if you scroll down on the product page and read the full description, that should be very helpful in explaining what the season pass is. For those of you that want the full story right now here is the deal...

The season pass is a digital product. By paying the $150 cost, you will get access to the 3 main DVDs of the project, delivered to your account digitally. Some bonus material will be included as well (such as full scripts with notes and further ideas about each routine and a few other things that we want to keep as surprises).

The two main benefits of this are that the total cost paid is lower than the full retail value of each DVD once we release them individually. As well, purchasers will get the DVD delivered to their account digitally on March 15th, whereas the physical DVDs don't ship until April 1st.

If you looked at the trailer, you will notice that there is a 4th DVD with bonus material, including a full interview with Armando and a few extra routines. This DVD will only be available with our box set options... but we will be releasing more details about that after the season pass sales end on March 15th.

Hopefully that clears everything up. But if not you can check out the product description (we put in an infographic) or you can just ask me anything you like.
Christopher: Clear as a bell..Thank you so much...My only Q's is on The 15th, do you receive all of the dvd's digitally..... complete? Thank you so much
Message: Posted by: Christopher James Rose (Mar 4, 2018 02:27PM)
[quote]On Mar 4, 2018, clars wrote:
Christopher: Clear as a bell..Thank you so much...My only Q's is on The 15th, do you receive all of the dvd's digitally..... complete? Thank you so much [/quote]

So glad to hear it.

On the 15th. Season pass holders will receive Volume 1 in their accounts digitally.

They will receive each volume 15 days prior to release date. Extras from Armando will be sent periodically after that.

Christopher
Hi Christopher,

Thank you so much for your helpful answers. I would like to know if Season Pass holders would be able to purchase the 4th DVD as a download without having to buy a boxed set.

-Dimithri
Message: Posted by: Christopher James Rose (Mar 4, 2018 03:31PM)
[quote]On Mar 4, 2018, Dimithri Silva wrote:
Hi Christopher,

Thank you so much for your helpful answers. I would like to know if Season Pass holders would be able to purchase the 4th DVD as a download without having to buy a boxed set.

-Dimithri [/quote]

My pleasure.

The 4th DVD will not be offered as a digital download, or be available as a separate purchase. Its contents (as well as several other perks we will announce soon) are reserved for purchasers of box sets or special edition box sets.
Hello Christopher,

will be all offers annouced before
the 15.03.2018?

Best

Antonio
Message: Posted by: Christopher James Rose (Mar 5, 2018 03:02AM)
[quote]On Mar 5, 2018, antonio123 wrote:
Hello Christopher,

will be all offers annouced before
the 15.03.2018?

Best

Antonio [/quote]

Every other purchase option will be announced on the 15th.

That will include just buying the individual DVDs one at a time as they come out. The exception being volume 4, which will only appear on the box set and special.edition.
This raises some questions. On 15th the sale for the season pass is over and you get the season pass with only the 3 DVD plus a little bonus. Does the box set and the special edition include the 3 dvds? Is it perhaps more advisable to wait for the special edition than to book the season pass when you want to get all of the stuff? somehow it's all a bit blurry and not really transparent.
Message: Posted by: Christopher James Rose (Mar 5, 2018 09:33AM)
[quote]On Mar 5, 2018, antonio123 wrote:
This raises some questions. On 15th the sale for the season pass is over and you get the season pass with only the 3 DVD plus a little bonus. Does the box set and the special edition include the 3 dvds? Is it perhaps more advisable to wait for the special edition than to book the season pass when you want to get all of the stuff? somehow it's all a bit blurry and not really transparent. [/quote]

Hmm. I am definitely disappointed that this is somehow still unclear. We will work on the product page to improve it as soon as possible.

To answer your question, boxed sets will include all 4 volumes of Paper Cuts, as well as several perks we are not yet mentioning.

The boxed sets and special edition boxed sets are physical products designed for Armando super fans, collectors, and completionists. The season pass was designed for those that just want The main information as soon as possible. And for everyone else, they can just buy the DVDs one volume at a time as we release them.
I also agree with those who think the description is pretty unclear, confusing. I pulled the trigger and paid for the season pass. After confirmation that I will not receive any DVDs, I asked for a refund. Brandon told me he put me on the waiting list for the refund. It's been days.

Do you know, Christopher, how long generally it takes to get a refund ? Thanks in advance.

If I knew from the description, that Season Pass is a download-only product, I wouldn't pull the trigger.
Personally, I would like to get these DVDs, I really want. Download at this price is ridiculous. I will never pay $150 for a download. At this price, it should be a physical product. Anyway, Armando is great. I'm quite excited.
Message: Posted by: Christopher James Rose (Mar 7, 2018 07:24PM)
[quote]On Mar 7, 2018, mh1001 wrote:
I also agree with those who think the description is pretty unclear, confusing. I pulled the trigger and paid for the season pass. After confirmation that I will not receive any DVDs, I asked for a refund. Brandon told me he put me on the waiting list for the refund. It's been days.

Do you know, Christopher, how long generally it takes to get a refund ? Thanks in advance.

If I knew from the description, that Season Pass is a download-only product, I wouldn't pull the trigger.
Personally, I would like to get these DVDs, I really want. Download at this price is ridiculous. I will never pay $150 for a download. At this price, it should be a physical product. Anyway, Armando is great. I'm quite excited. [/quote]

In our system, a refund does normally take a few days. But please send me a PM with your account information and I will take care of it personally so you won't have to worry.

Regarding price... anyone who has spent time with Armando or taken one of his exquisite private workshops will know that any price we could reasonably charge is a bargain. We created the download and Season Pass program to accommodate people that want to pay a slightly lower price for the material and want access to each DVD a little early, but aren't interested in having them physically or in bonus material that will be provided by us in the future.

You, like myself prefer physical DVDs and that's why those will be available very soon as well. And for the people that want to look into our special offers and packages, information about that will also be available soon.
In regard to the price, I was shocked to see that it’s so low, and being released in a video format of any kind. I think anyone who knows Armando’s work and the value of his workshops, combined with the fact that his material is extremely exclusive, would agree. Personally, I too will be getting the physical product once the bundles come out. The fact that you are getting these effects, with the decades of thought behind them, along with the rights to perform them as you like is, in my mind, an incredible value. For those who cannot afford to go to a private workshop, this is an amazing gift.
Thanks Christopher for offering your help. PM sent.

I agree that given Armando's prices, $150 for a download looks like a bargain. But to be honest, there are still other great magicians, yet at this price you get the DVDs. I mean, I heard that some great names take $100 for one hour Skype session, some others take $300. And others even more. I'm just saying that $150 a download, even if it's about Armando's material here, is still on the very expensive side.

In any case, I'm still very, very interested in the DVD set. Even if I have to pay a bit higher. At least with a DVD, you really own it for your collection. Some items become rare, as time passes.
Message: Posted by: Christopher James Rose (Mar 11, 2018 05:30PM)
Hey Everyone,

Just a quick announcement.

We will be sponsoring a Live event with Armando Lucero on Tuesday at 2pm Pacific. The idea is to have a Q&A session with Armando and just a general interview and conversation. We will let the viewers take the conversation wherever they want. But if you want to participate, just tune into SansMinds Magic on Facebook, Instagram, or YouTube.

We will also be doing a giveaway of 3 Paper Cuts Season passes. Tune in for a chance to win.

Christopher
Just want the producers to know that I am bowing out of this entirely. When I first heard about this production a couple of months ago I was SO excited. But I was immediately confused by all this Season Pass stuff, which was not clear on the website. I emailed Sans Mind about it but received no answer. I didn't know if I got DVD's or just digital files (which I don't like or want), and had other questions similar to the ones I've read here. I ended up on this forum because I finally decided to see if anyone else was having the same issues I was. Turns out the answer is certainly yes. Anyway, I've lost interest. Somewhere down the road I'll buy a used set of DVDs of they become available. Maybe Sans Mind has tried to be too "cute" with their approach to this whole thing, trying to generate interest by withholding information, creating special deals, shrouding the whole thing in mystery, and so on -- but they went too far to the point of being unclear and uncommunicative. Maybe I'm cutting off my nose to spite my face, but I'm not going to reward this type of approach. I love that Juan Tamariz just comes out with beautifully packaged and wonderful DVDs, $150, plain and simple, and doesn't have to reply upon gimmicks to get us to buy his material.
I've requested a refund, it's been a while (5th march). Still nothing. I don't understand what is this "waiting list". Even with big firms, when I ask for a refund, it's immediate. No more than 24 hours. It's a shame it has to come to this, but yes, they are very uncommunicative, and not very reassuring. I'm afraid that tomorrow (the 15th) I won't be able to ask for a refund anymore if Season Pass content has been added to my account.
Message: Posted by: Christopher James Rose (Mar 13, 2018 06:35PM)
Hey guys,

Refunds in our system aren't instantaneous. I wish they were but they are not. We are working on it, but we honor all refund requests that we are able and do what we can to make everyone happy.
Message: Posted by: Christopher James Rose (Mar 14, 2018 06:46PM)
Thanks, everyone for participating in the Q&A session on Instagram and Facebook. We had a great time, and the questions were really excellent. Much more in depth than either Armando or I expected to go, but we were happy to go there. If you missed it, don't worry because we will be editing and posting the video on YouTube, to which I will provide a link as soon as it's up.

But truly, it was a pleasure to chat about such great questions with Armando.
Message: Posted by: Christopher James Rose (Mar 16, 2018 04:47AM)
Hey Everyone,

All of the Season Passes have been delivered to customer accounts, and so far the feedback has been amazing.

Meanwhile, we took everyone's suggestions and completely changed the product page to show exactly what all of your purchasing options are and when they will be available. Just check out www.sansminds.com/armando to see everything that this project has to offer so you can compare and contrast to find the right version for you.

Meanwhile, we have uploaded the live Q&A that happened between me and Armando, and you can view that right here:

[youtube]95DSnP_Xjxk[/youtube]

As well, on our product page Herman made a great video detailing his thoughts on Volume 1 of Paper Cuts for those of you that wanted more information.

Overall this has been a very exciting project, and I can't wait to hear the feedback form everyone who has wanted to be involved.

Thank you :)
Thanks for uploading the Q&A video.

I've checked the description page yesterday. As I said, I want the DVD set, all of Armando's work. When I checked, I discovered the shipping cost, $200. Now, I'm sad. I don't know if I would ever order it. $600 is way more I can afford.

I hope there is a bundle with all 4 DVDs (just DVDs, nothing else). Honestly, I don't need a big box or playing cards, which probably explain the lion's share of the high shipping cost. What a dilemma.
Thank you for posting this interview, it's very good!

[quote]On Mar 16, 2018, Christopher James Rose wrote:
Hey Everyone,

All of the Season Passes have been delivered to customer accounts, and so far the feedback has been amazing.

Meanwhile, we took everyone's suggestions and completely changed the product page to show exactly what all of your purchasing options are and when they will be available. Just check out www.sansminds.com/armando to see everything that this project has to offer so you can compare and contrast to find the right version for you.

Meanwhile, we have uploaded the live Q&A that happened between me and Armando, and you can view that right here:

[youtube]95DSnP_Xjxk[/youtube]

As well, on our product page Herman made a great video detailing his thoughts on Volume 1 of Paper Cuts for those of you that wanted more information.

Overall this has been a very exciting project, and I can't wait to hear the feedback form everyone who has wanted to be involved.

Thank you :) [/quote]
Christopher, just out of curiosity, how many box set and ultimate collector box edition do you guys have in stock ?

I don't think I will purchase even the $400 box set (due to the high shipping cost) but who knows...
Message: Posted by: Christopher James Rose (Mar 20, 2018 08:23PM)
[quote]On Mar 20, 2018, mh1001 wrote:
Christopher, just out of curiosity, how many box set and ultimate collector box edition do you guys have in stock ?

I don't think I will purchase even the $400 box set (due to the high shipping cost) but who knows... [/quote]

Hey there,

The box set is a normal SansMinds product. But the Ultimate Collector's edition is limited to 100 copies.
I decided to go with the downloads at the last minute. Slipped in right under the wire of the cutoff time. For anyone who is interested, I wrote a review of my impressions of the first segment of the release here in the Good, Bad and Garbage thread:

http://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=662016&forum=159
Is that true...$200 for shipping for the 4 dvd set. Can someone verify this..I am going to pre-order. I do not want to get hit with a $200 charge after I hit "click"...Anyone clear this up.
Does anybody happen to have the second download available by now? As far as I know, it should have been available by 1st of May.
Message: Posted by: Christopher James Rose (May 2, 2018 01:51PM)
If you pre ordered with a season pass, then Volume 2 was added to your account yesterday. And volume 2 is currently available in all forms on the website.
I ordered the second download separately two days ago but it´s not in my download list.
I would happily pick up a simple set of all four DVDs. Unfortunately, the only way to get the 4 DVDs appears to be via the "special editions" whose costs are greatly inflated by add-ons that don't have any value to me (a bulky box and decks of cards).

I love Armando and have been a huge fan ever since I first met him many nearly 20 years ago at Caesar's Magical Empire. I even got to spend time with him that evening at a local hangout to which he graciously invited me. He's a great guy and a brilliant thinker. I was excited to learn that he was producing a DVD set but am disappointed by the direction SansMinds took with these bundles.

Tamariz' recent 4-disc set is more along the lines of what I was hoping for.
Message: Posted by: Christopher James Rose (May 11, 2018 11:13PM)
[quote]On May 11, 2018, robvh wrote:
I would happily pick up a simple set of all four DVDs. Unfortunately, the only way to get the 4 DVDs appears to be via the "special editions" whose costs are greatly inflated by add-ons that don't have any value to me (a bulky box and decks of cards).

I love Armando and have been a huge fan ever since I first met him many nearly 20 years ago at Caesar's Magical Empire. I even got to spend time with him that evening at a local hangout to which he graciously invited me. He's a great guy and a brilliant thinker. I was excited to learn that he was producing a DVD set but am disappointed by the direction SansMinds took with these bundles.

Tamariz' recent 4-disc set is more along the lines of what I was hoping for. [/quote]

Hi there,

It sounds like the Box set and Ultimate edition are not for you.

However, you are absolutely able to pick up the full 3 DVD project in both a digital and physical edition.

Volume 4, which is a bonus volume, was specifically reserved as a thank you for people that want to go a little deeper and spend more time with Armando. And even have a chance to put the items on display in a more ornate fashion than a simple DVD case.
Will the digital versions of the DVDs be added to the account or will they be accessible after receiving the box set?
When will the complete set, of the boxed set. All physical 4 dvds. Be ready to ship. The boxed set, as of today, is not even on the product drop down. I do not understand why, it has been so hard, to really understand what you are getting. Also when will it ship.
I believe it was added again with a new ship date: July 1st.

But the page does explain clearly what is included in the box set. I think the main confusion was only with the season pass but this is no longer a valid option. Apparently, all 3 volumes are now accessible in digital format and one can order the three DVDs as well. It is only the box set and the ultimate collector's edition that are on pre-order.
Does anyone already have access to the third download?
In my account is still nothing to see and I get no answer from sansmind.
Message: Posted by: Christopher James Rose (Jun 5, 2018 03:28PM)
[quote]On Jun 5, 2018, antonio123 wrote:
Does anyone already have access to the third download?
In my account is still nothing to see and I get no answer from sansmind. [/quote]

Hi there! Shoot me a PM and we can see if there's some sort of issue. Our customer service team is working hard, but we can't get to everyone as quickly as we would like. So let me know if I can help out.
Does anyone know how to get in touch with SansMinds? I ordered the box set and have not heard a word from them. I have emailed them multiple times but have no received a reply. The release dat has passed by a month and still nothing. I paid over 400 dollars for this set and Sandsminds seems to not care one bit about it's customers . Some one please help
It looks their site has been hacked as all sorts of alerts come up when I try to access it.
I'm in the same position. Purchased the set on May 31, got confirmation, and have heard nothing since. I've tried reaching out on their website contact form and here at the Café, to no response. The dropdown menu on the SansMind page shows the release date now as July 1, so I'm hoping that they'll ship soon. The lack of communication is extremely disappointing though.

[quote]On Jul 6, 2018, Reggie wrote:
Does anyone know how to get in touch with SansMinds? I ordered the box set and have not heard a word from them. I have emailed them multiple times but have no received a reply. The release dat has passed by a month and still nothing. I paid over 400 dollars for this set and Sandsminds seems to not care one bit about it's customers . Some one please help [/quote]
It is strange why they don't respond and provide an update via this forum when there are obviously problems.
The site looks like it is back up and running. My downloads came through and I have to admit that the production quality and content are outstanding. Well done.
I just got an email from Brandon at SansMinds saying that my download was available. The problem is that I did not order the download I ordered the Box set! And to top things off there was no download added to my account. Does anyone have a phone number to SansMinids? Emails don't seem to help much.
I believe that part of the box set package was download versions of the DVDs.
So has anyone actually received the box sets they paid for? At what point do we start looking for refunds?
I don't think I'll ever buy another Armando Lucero product. Sansminds just took my $438.73 and ran with it. Does anyone know who I can contact for a refund?
[quote]On May 11, 2018, Christopher James Rose wrote:
[quote]On May 11, 2018, robvh wrote:

Tamariz' recent 4-disc set is more along the lines of what I was hoping for. [/quote]

Hi there,

It sounds like the Box set and Ultimate edition are not for you.

However, you are absolutely able to pick up the full 3 DVD project in both a digital and physical edition.

Volume 4, which is a bonus volume, was specifically reserved as a thank you for people that want to go a little deeper and spend more time with Armando. And even have a chance to put the items on display in a more ornate fashion than a simple DVD case. [/quote]

I see many of the online magic shops are selling "Paper Cuts Secret Volume by Armando Lucero" for 65 USD.

Initially, this was reserved for box and ultimate editions. Even their page says "4th DVD is not Retail - Extra Tricks and Bonus Materials Exclusive to Box Set."

I sent an email and no one responded as of yet. If the full contents of the Box Set and all DVDs were to be sold individually, I could have saved my self over 100 USD and shipping which is over 60 USD for me.

Unless there is another surprise for Box Set and Ultimate Edition purchases, I feel the the Box Set is overpriced at 400 USD. All four volumes and 2 decks of cards will cost 280 usd. So technically, the box, the scripts, and the thank you letter are worth over 120 USD!!

I have supported Armando and Sansminds in this project but here I am left with no update, no product, and more importantly, I am left with the knowledge that everyone can get the same content that I have much cheaper, and much faster without paying shipping charges!

So what was the point of the box set again if nothing in it is limited?

I hope to hear some clarification from Sansminds on this issue.

I am happy with having the difference (including shipping charges) refunded and be given digital versions of the 4 dvds along with the scripts (no decks, box, physical dvds, or letter). Otherwise, change the 2 decks to a brick and that should make things even I suppose, to a degree!
After many attempts to contact SansMinds, I contacted my credit card company last week to report that they failed to deliver any product. The credit card company has given me a temporary refund for the full amount, which will become permanent if SansMinds doesn't dispute it. If you're worried about getting your money back, I'd suggest doing the same. Waiting for anyone at SansMinds to reply seems like a lost cause.

Seeing that the full set is now available much more affordably from Vanishing Inc, including the supposedly exclusive fourth volume, is the icing on the cake. Once the transaction is settled I'll happily buy from Vanishing, but seeing the exclusive volume available there is one more mark against Sansminds' reputation. Based on this experience I won't ever be dealing with them again.
How did you get your credit card company to give you a refund? My credit card company said that I have to go to the police first and then file a complaint with them. It's a shame that I have to go to the Police to get a Magic company to send a product that they promised would be sent out in June.
Wow, really? That seems excessive. For my company (Chase) I just called to dispute the charge for non-delivery of services and they were on it right away. It probably depends on the company.
Excessive?Excessive is taking your coustomers money and not delivering the goods that were purchased.
I meant it was an excessive requirement from your credit card company!
This is probably why people shouldn't pay a lot of money in advance to a company that has a less than stellar history of customer service... And why so much for just DVD's, season passes, add ons, shipping. Sounds terrible.
I have a friend who had similar problem. He purchased the box set, but nothing delivered yet. No emails either, no replies. Nothing, even today. SansMinds is really sh*t as a company...
Looks like Michael Murray’s concerns were justified.

I love Armando and his work but there’s no way i’ll be handing over any money to Sansminds.