The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Requesting a review for the M5 from ellusionist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I agree with Logan. You can buy a magnet anywhere. But then what do you do with it. Chazpro has booklets and a video with routines. I haven't seen the stuff on Brad's site, as I bought the item from Chazpro a number of years ago. However, I don't think $90 is an unfair price for the magnet + the info.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
peng
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
81 Posts

Profile of peng
M5 from Ellusionist is the best deal I've seen so far. I wouldn't get it from any place else because they're offering the lowest price and most stuff for the M5 Kit. I'm a satisfied Ellusionist customer.
Peng
lesterkirad
View Profile
Loyal user
west lafayette, in
227 Posts

Profile of lesterkirad
Do the M5 and the set from Magicsmith have the same size of gimmicks? Also, is it just one small gimmick or are there a few different sizes that come with it (one for wrist and one for leg)?
techneeqs
View Profile
Regular user
Ontario, Canada
105 Posts

Profile of techneeqs
Isn't the M5 and PK Pro Kit the same exact thing? To my understanding its the same thing.
JJP161
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
509 Posts

Profile of JJP161
I am a very pleased owner of The M5 from the Ellusionist. The M5 is a versatile gimmick capable of many very impressive effects only limited by one's imagination. As well, I own a number of items available from the Ellusionist: Street Magic, CC1, Ninja 1, and Ninja 2 and I am very pleased with all of them. I don't believe Brad Christian misrepresented anything he sells in anyway and I have paid what I think is a very fair price for all of the items that I have purchased. As Mr. Guinn mentioned, you are also paying for the information and the effect, not just the materials. I have been involved with Magic for over 25 years and many, many times, as I’m sure all of us have, I've bought products that are way over priced and certainly border on false advertising and misrepresentation from so called reputable dealers. Many times the items are pure junk.

I have found all of the items I have purchased from Ellusionist to be of high quality and a very good value for your money. The forums have proven to be an invaluable resource as well. Brad Christian is an excellent teacher and I will continue to be a loyal Ellusionist customer.
grahamk5
View Profile
New user
Accra, Ghana (ex-London, UK)
89 Posts

Profile of grahamk5
Attitude - I was interested that you said that the M5 was now updated. In what way is the PK Pro Kit different?

graham
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
"Look, the M5 kit is old. The new one is called the PK Pro Kit and yes, I also have them at the best price out on the internet."

You may have the best price, but does yours come with the special forum and notes that Brad offers?

-Corey
Corey King
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Ok, I had to make a post here about this.
I personally have a similar gimmick and can do all the effects, yes, all the match and all the other they just added shim to the object which they make pretty clear.

I personally don't think M5 is worth the money.

Sure some may say you're paying for the technique, but honestly, it's not that hard to figure out if you use any similar product.

Now, I'm not saying DON'T GET THIS, what I'm saying is, do some research and I'm sure you won't have to spend 90 bucks on an M5.
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
I do agree, a little search on the web might be very useful!!
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
I don't think you need special notes from Bbrad Christian, no offence to him, but learning from your mistakes and experience is one of the best ways to learn, which is how Brad learnt it too. Smile
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
lesterkirad
View Profile
Loyal user
west lafayette, in
227 Posts

Profile of lesterkirad
I don't think that this has been answered yet, forgive me if it has. But what are the differences between M5 and the ProPK set?
Jono
View Profile
New user
Saskatchewan, Canada
1 Post

Profile of Jono
"I don't think that this has been answered yet, forgive me if it has. But what are the differences between M5 and the ProPK set? "

I believe there aren't any differences.
"Ho, ho, ho - It's magic - you know
Never believe, it's not sooooooooo
It's magic - you knowwwwwwwwwwwwww
Never believe, it's not sooooooooo"
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
I bought the Pro PK kit from Penguin....and dropped it. I bought a new one from wondermagnets.com and it was just as strong as (if not stronger) than the one I got with the kit.

Jakks
sleightofhand1
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of sleightofhand1
i have it and think it is great!
Graymatter_Fireworks
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, GA
357 Posts

Profile of Graymatter_Fireworks
First off I purchased my PK pro kit through Pengiunmagic.com and it's the exact same thing as sold on both Chuck Leaches site as well as Ellusionist. The only difference is marketing. It seems to me Brad's site does the best job of this and has some pretty decent perks (I.E. free raven and a decent price on the x-flip coin. ) if you are willing to shell out the cash. Plus it comes with pro notes ( which I'm still trying to find out if they are any good. Anyone who is reading this please give me a review of them. Thanks.)

First things first, you might be able to obtain what you need from this kit, for a better price if you purchase things ala carte. Magnet stores will give you the best price on magnets and you can actually just purchase the rest on Penguin or Chuck Leaches site.

The only downfall I see to this is acess to the Penguins only or Ellusionist forums for ideas with the device. For the strength of reactions one can obtain with this device I have to say there is a lack of published ideas with the tool. So if you are not looking to be creative, this device might not be for you. It's going to take some thought and trial and error to really get the results one may desire from the gimmick.

Like many good effects preperation and presentation will amplify this effect. I find myself doing the x-flip the most.

The only major downfalls I have to this gimmick is the size of the apparatus is sort of large and can be an obstacle at times. And that they give you a mint copy of a 1943 U.S. wheat penny!! I mean come on, they needed all the copper in that time because of the war, so the legit coins are worth a TON of money. With that said, I get people all the time suspicious of my coins because it's a older currency practically brand new.

-Brandon
"The social world in which we live, determines our experience of what is real." - John Gager
Gambit242
View Profile
New user
Monroe, La
68 Posts

Profile of Gambit242
Xiqual,

What size did you purchase? the 1.5x1.5x3/8?

Thanks for sharing the info.

Gambit242
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Requesting a review for the M5 from ellusionist (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL