The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » More dealers should be like this... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

B&B Magic
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of B&B Magic
Without naming who it was (since this forum discourages singling out individual dealers), I had an item I had purchased several years ago and had locked away in a trunk. I dusted it off last month and realized that much of it had corroded and it was no longer functional. I emailed the creator and asked if he sold any replacement parts. He told me to mail it to him and he would take care of it, free of charge. A few weeks later a completely refurbished Inviso-Torch (can you guess who I'm talking about??) shows up in my mailbox!
jasonmagic
View Profile
New user
Jason Magic Productions (Martinsburg,WV)
64 Posts

Profile of jasonmagic
Yeah you are so right. I love to hear stories like that. A similar experience happened to me. I purchased a Cig up the Nose from a certain individual and used it for 3 or 4 years and I thought it was finished. I emailed this fine individual and not only did he tell me how to solve the problem and my my original as good as new, he sent me an additional 3 more gimmicks. (This was a 75.00 value for free) on top of fixing my orig. I think that is just awesome. I now have enough to last a lifetime and then some. The most amazing service was he showed me how to make just one last a lifetime. Now that is service! This is what the whole magic community needs. People like this are rare. I can assure that if you deal with this guy he will make it worth while. Thanks again GK.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I think the individuals 'hinted' at, more than deserve their names on the board and on the record. It's the good guys everyone needs to hear about...they are earning the business and respect. The bad eggs don't need to be named, the good ones do! Who are they?
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Not a magic dealer but a company whose products we could all use:

http://sugarhousebanners.com/

These guys only make vinyl banners. You can create them on line and also upload graphics. I placed an order yesterday it shipped today.

You can call and talk to a graphic artist as well. The product is great, the service is great!

I just ordered two more 5 foot wide x 2 ft banners on 13oz vinyl $35.00 each. I created the banner right online.

John
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Thanks for this link John. Looks very promising.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2005-02-19 18:42, B&B Magic wrote:
Without naming who it was (since this forum discourages singling out individual dealers), I had an item I had purchased several years ago and had locked away in a trunk. I dusted it off last month and realized that much of it had corroded and it was no longer functional. I emailed the creator and asked if he sold any replacement parts. He told me to mail it to him and he would take care of it, free of charge. A few weeks later a completely refurbished Inviso-Torch (can you guess who I'm talking about??) shows up in my mailbox!

Great story! Makes me feel good!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Some guys are like that. This is really the solution to the vanishing Bricks and Mortar dealer, you know. It's called "the personal touch."

There are a lot of guys in the business who are like that. They take it personally when their products break down, and the go to extemes to fix them.

I tell people I deal with, especially guys who are just going into the business -- treat people the way you want to be treated.

It goes a long way to success.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
Bill too bad most dealers are not doing that any more. I just came from a shop in Harrisburg, PA the guy had the door locked even though it was past the time it was supposed to open.

He seemed more interested in doing something with cards then helping his customers. Case in point...a gentlemen asked about a magick kit for kids for around $25...he showed him a stocking that I bought for my daughter three years ago for $15. and told him it was $40.

I had asked the guy if he knew the difference between a product he had on the shelf entitled vanishing bandana plus and the original...he said he didn't know and he thought it was the same thing and went back to playing with his cards.

The lack of person touch is what drives at least for me to the web to purchase items I need. For any dealers that are out there reading this, take Bills advice and give the personal touch.
jdbach
View Profile
Regular user
United States
174 Posts

Profile of jdbach
That's not the "personal touch", that is just business. I mean all retailers "should" provide a level of service that meets the customer needs, or perhaps I should say the "desired" customer needs. Some retailers, online and brick and morter, desire to not be bothered by business. Well, guess that they meet their desired business model eventually by not having any customers. Haven't all of us noticed that the plethora of online magic business have each found their own idenity within the marketplace? All of us could count the top three or four shops out of the many of online. I think the best online suppliers have a brick and morter business also. Why? They understand business and know what they must do to keep customers. It's not all about price is it? It is service and followup.

Regards,
Joe
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
B&B Magic - I don't think it is against the rules to say you had a good experience with a certain dealer. In fact - I will say right here that The Magic Depot (magic.org) is an excellent store, and I have had nothing but positive transactions with them. As Doug said - it is not necessary to point out the bad guys, but it is helpful (and necessary for the sake of the community) to applaud the good guys.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » More dealers should be like this... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL