The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Val Evans Stop Trick--Reviews Please! (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Thanks for the video post dj. I see this is done with a Seo Magic howlett. It is a fraction of the cost of Vikings trick. My question would be, is there a quality difference between the two?
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
The video is actually demoing the Viking version of the effect. SEO charges the same price as Viking $59.

Cheers,

John
glowball
View Profile
Special user
Nashville TN
845 Posts

Profile of glowball
Julie, I love your suggestion of using a Bee back deck and a single tie on the ribbon before lifting the whole deck up. My patter would be something like this:
"You remember the story about the farmer catching the leprechaun and the pot of gold and tying the yellow ribbon around the tree where the pot of gold was buried and the farmer leaving to get his shovel and making the leprechaun promise not to remove the yellow ribbon from the tree, well the cards represent the trees and the signed card is where the pot of gold is located. When the farmer goes to get his shovel the leprechaun kept the ribbon around the tree but he also tied it around all the trees so when the farmer came back he had a problem, but the leprechaun did not know that this farmer was Merlin's grandson so when he untied the ribbon he magically made the first tree have the pot of gold".
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
One additional thought: the SEO demo (which seems a bit awkward in spots) shows a not very wide ribbon; if you will replace that one with one an inch or so wide, the handling is much cleaner.

Julie
glowball
View Profile
Special user
Nashville TN
845 Posts

Profile of glowball
Another benefit of the Bee backed cards is that in addition to helping disguise the final pull up the magician might not have any need to put the discards in the clip as in the situation with bicycle backs (using Bee cards the discards could be placed on the table and more easily shown at the end). Well, the static view of the back hole (Bee cards) would be okay but when a card is being pulled up the magician may need to make sure their wrist is blocking the view of the back hole.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Val Evans Stop Trick--Reviews Please! (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL