The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Ambitious card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
James Alan
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
680 Posts

Profile of James Alan
I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to the ambitious card. My favourite presentations for the ambitious card have always been the simplest:
-Tommy Wonder: The card rises because you chose it and made it special
-Daryl: a demonstration of magical card control.

Other presentations like the yeast card or the remote control card, though original and creative, have always seemed a bit goofy to me. (But that's just me.)
James Alan

Magic & Martini | Blog | Facebook
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
I like to use the plot of a ghost card that keeps hunting me
Cards never lie
lylaster
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
197 Posts

Profile of lylaster
The most logical patter I've come up with is that you have the ability to control the card, and show how the dealer can cheat with this technique.

Tell them to choose a card that has significant value, some people like Aces. Have them sign it. Stick it in the deck anywhere, completely lost. Say that you don't know where it is, but if you flick your wrist (or snap(, it comes to the top. Then you can take that card, and deal it to your partner.
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
I like to use Greg Wilson's "time machine" ruse, in which he refers to his watch as a time machine and so everytime he places the card down in the deck, he proceeds to push the "time machine" button and thus we go back in time 10 seconds to when it was on top. The routine that this idea is from, Flashback, builds until he actually ends up sending the entire deck back in time to when it was a new deck out of the box in original deck order. I just use the idea of a time machine, and the comedy that's inherent within it.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Most of the time, I don't refer to the card as anything in particular. I would never call it "The Ambitious Card" to a lay audience. I also wouldn't call it the Yeast card or the Ghost card or the uppity card or anything else. I use the ACR in combination with Solid Deception (which I also do not refer to by name) as a lead in to the Card in Wallet.

I usually call it the Two of Spades trick (or whatever the card happens to be). You don't need to call a trick by any particular name.

The reason it keeps coming to the top, is that I riffle the cards. That makes the card move.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Tomer
View Profile
Regular user
Israel
113 Posts

Profile of Tomer
I love forcing the card, and letting them sign it while my back is turned.
While they're signing I explain that there is 1 card in each deck that does strange things.. I say that in this deck it's the _____ (forced card), they start smiling and say it's their card.. I turn back to them and say: "well... you've already signed it, so I'll try doing the trick anywhere.. hope there won't be any problems".
I place the card in the middle, and I say: "the card is not on the bottom, and not on the top..." when I turn the top card over it's their card, and I just do it again and again..
Works for me...

Tomer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Ambitious card (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL