The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Crazy Man's Handcuffs an idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GeorgeC
View Profile
New user
Glasgow
4 Posts

Profile of GeorgeC
Hi

I don’t know if anyone else has tried this but I found out I can do the Crazy Man's Handcuffs with these wrist bands that everyone is wearing these days.

I was sitting at the SAMS convention on Sunday (01/05/05) and my son had two on, I borrowed them and managed it first time.

It is more effective with two the same colour but you can get away with different colours.

Has anyone else tried it?
cfleming
View Profile
New user
Chris Fleming Long Beach, Ca.
81 Posts

Profile of cfleming
GeorgeC,
Ah..no, wait....ahh haa...yea...there.. yup.. WOW!.. it works! Yep, I've tried it!
Thanks for the great tip!
--Chris
I don't have a solution, but I admire the problem.
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
If by "all these wrist bands" you mean the LARGE RUBBER ones a-la-livestrong type then I call Bovine Scatology on this one.
GeorgeC
View Profile
New user
Glasgow
4 Posts

Profile of GeorgeC
Quote:
On 2005-05-03 13:12, Charlie Justice wrote:
If by "all these wrist bands" you mean the LARGE RUBBER ones a-la-livestrong type then I call Bovine Scatology on this one.

Yes the LARGE RUBBER ones, do you mean BS to the idea of using them or the bands in general?
Justin2200
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Justin2200
They are too big
The Presitidigitationist
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Quote:
On 2005-05-03 13:20, GeorgeC wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-05-03 13:12, Charlie Justice wrote:

Yes the LARGE RUBBER ones, do you mean BS to the idea of using them or the bands in general?

There isn't a way on God's green earth for you to be able to do Crazy Man's Handcuffs with those LIVESTRONG rubber bracelets. They're too thick and taut. I say it's an impossibility unless you are doing this for the blind.
GeorgeC
View Profile
New user
Glasgow
4 Posts

Profile of GeorgeC
Quote:
On 2005-05-04 13:33, Charlie Justice wrote:

There isn't a way on God's green earth for you to be able to do Crazy Man's Handcuffs with those LIVESTRONG rubber bracelets. They're too thick and taut. I say it's an impossibility unless you are doing this for the blind.

Have you tried it? Its not perfect but does work,not a full routine but as an impromptue item it does work.

I have been working on the idea that there are a lot of fakes going round and you can tell them because the pass throught each other.

I will agree some of the original bands are very thick but most of the ones around now are more ply-able.

like I said have you tried it
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

I tried to do it with the original LIVESTRONG bands...not gonna happen...not unless I develop my finger strength considerably. I will concede that it may be possible with these 'newer' ones that you mention as I've not held them, but I can see where it could happen with the right band. I now offer my apology for calling BS (LOL) and submit to you that I have NOT tried this with those other ones. I understand that there is a website where you can order customized bands. Perhaps they could help you in achieving the 'perfect' size, strength, and elasticity required for your new found variation. Again, I humbly request your forgiveness. If this works, then you've got a gem of a variation...good for you my friend!
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Cant be done without looking suspicious.... something to do at a magic club...hehe
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
What makes CMH work with that the bands are small. #19.
A thick band would simply give away your effect in my mind.
Daniel Faith
Wizzy
View Profile
New user
UK
37 Posts

Profile of Wizzy
I tried it and it would certainly show how it was done
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Crazy Man's Handcuffs an idea (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL