The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » MindVention 2005 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Just got back.
Wow!!
First and foremost, Rick Maue, Rick Maue, Rick Maue... ROCKS!!! My world was tossed around in the most delightful way by this man's thinking. He has one of the BEST lectures I've ever seen. Every effect was gold! I immediately want to put in all those effects into my act!!!

Rick, I'll be sending you a stapled monkey in the mail (sorry for the inside joke, guys, but I can hear the milk squirt out of Rick's nose as he reads that)

What was the hit of the convention? Lincoln's Best Boon stole the show!! All the working pros were buying them up... two and three at a time. He couldn't stop selling or taking future orders... which might never happen as this could just have been a Mindvention special. A complete sell out at the convention!!! His boon was the talk of the convention. One pro would see it and send another one to check it out. If he puts it out then run don't walk to get this item!!

Barrie Richardson will amuse and amaze any audience. He is a delightful man who cares about his performances and his audiences. His sense of timing is fantastic. With one arm move to his shoulder he made the whole house burst with laughter. Watching him work inspires me to work more at what I do. And on top of all that he is the nicest guy in mentalism and probably on the planet. He's the Mr. Rogers of mentalism and I mean it in the best way.

Luke Jermay! Yes, doubting Thomases, Luke can do what he says he can. If you thought his books were filled with flighty ideas and impossible notions then you are DEAD wrong... and Luke will prove you're dead by stopping YOUR pulse!! What a brilliant thinker and performer

Lee Earle was his usual genius self. With his thinking you can see all the years he has put into mentalism. Every nuance, line and method has been worked out. If you want to learn Q & A then see Lee. Oh, and the new book test is a beautiful thing.

Mark Strivings debuted a brand new mentalism prop that has you predicting numbers in a big way. This is not just an effect... it's an act onto itself.

Tony Blake and his partner also debuted a new product: E.S.P Chips. They were also a big hit and the ads will soon start appearing in the trade magazines. Look for them... lots of routines inside and more to come.

Bruce Bernstein gave one of his great lectures. He simplifies methods so you can work on your presentations.

Our Ran Pink was around doing his Center tear to all those that wanted to see it up close and personal.

Jheff Poncher also came out with two new books. One callled The Shuffled Mind deals with mentalism using cards and his other book is a complete ESP mini-act using marked ESP cards. Both have some great ideas inside.

Banachek gave a lecture and ended the last night's show. Do I need to say anything here? It's Banachek. C'mon, the man's a god of mentalism.

It was great to see some faces I knew and some I hadn't met before. Hung out with a lot of the young guys on the last night and just spent the night telling funny stories. A great time!

So many new names and friends that it would be hard to put the list here. It was great fun and I'm already planning for next year... apparently I'm going to give a lecture... I've got to start working on my balloon animals! Smile

And now for the real award: Kudos, applause and much love to Danny Archer & Robert Allen for putting this together and spending their time, blood, sweat, tears and probably lack of sleep!! You guys know how to put on a show!!! Smile

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver- Canada
960 Posts

Profile of A.G.
This was a great time, nice to meet new people.
Gerard
Well then...
magicmonkeyphoto
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of magicmonkeyphoto
Mindvention was fantastic, and I am still overwhelmed by the response to my products and ideas from all of you. Sure, it was great to sell out of the stuff, but the best feeling was had from hearing such kind words of support from the "big guys" in the biz who I have learned so much from over the years. It is very reasuring.

Just to let everyone know, I am DEFINATELY going to have more of "Lincoln's Best Boon" and "Lincoln's Perfect Pocket Pencil" available soon. I will anounce on The Café as soon as they are packaged and ready to go. I don't want to take any orders until I am sure I can fill them, but they will be coming out. The specific "Deluxe Package" was a mindvention exlusive at the price because it was a VERY expensive package to put together. Since there is so many people that want it, I probably can buy my materials in bulk to ge the cost down enough to sell wholesale to the shops. I promise to have something similar available directly from myself ASAP. Then hopefully before X-Mas I can have something put together for the magic stores.

I am currently physically making/casting each boon myself, and I have strong quallity controll, so it takes along time to put it all together.

Thanks again for your interest, and to all those that purchaced them, thank you.

Lincoln
http://www.lincolnworld.com/products -- For high end mentalist utility devices, ideas, and props for professionals and serious hobbyists. You can follow me on Instagram @Lincolnworldmagic and on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LincolnWorldWatchers
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Everything Greg wrote is spot on.
Especially the thank yous to Danny and and Robert.
My appreciation for Greg was only boosted at Mindvention.
I am still suffering from jetlag and when I can muster the strength, I will post more.
Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
For you NWs, Lincoln's products are a must have. It was amazing to see all the big pros marveling at his boon writer. They looked like little kids playing with a new Christmas toy.

Oh, and Parson, you were very, very funny in your set for the Attendee's night. Funny stuff.

Greg
clowngrass
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of clowngrass
I second what Greg said about Parson's act. One of the funniest acts I have ever seen! I am still laughing about it. Banachek and Luke were also laughing hysterically at Parson's act in a positive way; as was the crowd. Great stuff Parson!
MindVention was a fantastic experience and will be helpful to me forever! Bliss!!
I Try
ranpink
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
252 Posts

Profile of ranpink
Greg tells the truth. I too had such a great time at Mindvention. I'm still digesting everything I saw and my brain hurts so please excuse the scattered thoughts. I enjoyed all the lectures. The highlights for me ... Bruce Bernstein's The Ritual, Luke Jermay's Touching on Hoy and Banachek all around. Barrie Richardson showed us the size of our brains and proved that we are smarter than computers. I received excellent feedback on Think Pink and the new supplement. My fingers are sore from all the tearing. I am one of the lucky ones who purchased Lincoln's Best Boon. This was the hit "utility device" in the dealer room. It was fun exchanging ideas and thoughts with everyone I met. It was like camp and Danny and Robert were the counselors. Thank you guys and see you next year.
Creator of CUT

T-REX

Abnormal Behavior

ZEN SYSTEM

tāctilis

White Room

Think Pink - Central Intelligence

http://www.worldwidemagic.com
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Hey Ran,

Camp MINDvention .. I like it!

... next year's dates will be 11/5 - 11/7/05 ...

same Bat-Time, same Bat-Channel
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2005-11-21 15:53, Danny Archer wrote:
Hey Ran,

Camp MINDvention .. I like it!

... next year's dates will be 11/5 - 11/7/05 ...

same Bat-Time, same Bat-Channel

Ah, yes... sitting around the campfire... doing PK touches... going to the arts & crafts seminar to learn how to make our own Mental Epic boards... sneaking into the Coinvention camp at night and bending all their coins... writing a letter home to Ma that predicts the headlines in her town... Smile

Greg
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
586 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Greetings,

Thanks for the very nice words Greg. It is always very rewarding to hear that people like what you do...

But they usually do not show their appreciation with a stapled monkey. Let me simply say that I am deeply touched (and even a bit frightened).

Keep the change,
Rick
Check out what is happening at Deceptions Unlimited

www.deceptionsunlimited.com
magicmonkeyphoto
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of magicmonkeyphoto
The "Lincoln's Best Boon" boons are almost ready to be sent out, as well as more of "Lincoln Perfect Pocket Pencil" and some very cool accessories for the L P3 that were not available in time for Mindvention. Anyone interested should send an e-mail to: lincolnproducts@gmail.com

I still won't have time to answer any questions about price or what is included, until the products are done and ready to ship. I will be putting a web page together that should answer all the questions, and will send out an e-mail (to everyone that e-mails me at the above address) with a link to that page as soon as it is ready. Hopefully within the next 2 weeks, but I can't be sure. I feel it is better to not offer a product until it is fully ready to be sent out. There will only be a limited number that I am making do to the fact that I need to keep up with my performing, and making the boon's and pocket pencils are very time consuming.

Thanks for your interest and understanding,

Lincoln
http://www.lincolnworld.com/products -- For high end mentalist utility devices, ideas, and props for professionals and serious hobbyists. You can follow me on Instagram @Lincolnworldmagic and on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LincolnWorldWatchers
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Glad to hear so many ejoyed this year's MINDvention ... working on next year's event and we have some some great things lined up!
mackmania
View Profile
Regular user
Orange County
137 Posts

Profile of mackmania
I definitely have to go to this convention next year, anyone know when it will be?

Cheers,
mackmania
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice." ---Joseph "the Amazing" Dunninger
Magical Lady
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of Magical Lady
I SO hope Ive learned enough by then to warrant attending - don't want to turn up and feel like a complete and total rookie! With the mention of all the big names who go, I keep thinking I have to get to a certain standard before I'll be allowed in!!

Mackmania -
Danny Archer posted it above - next year's MINDvention will be 5th to 7th November.

Best

ML x
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » MindVention 2005 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL