The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Tricks over $100 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
444 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
Alright I know this is a difficult question to answer but I saved up my money ($215). I want to get a Bang for my buck. I know there is a lot of stuff out there that I don't know about, so can somebody give me some advice on what to get?
Thanks
CMO
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Hiphopperco what are you looking for? I mean ball park.
Paolo Venturini
View Profile
Veteran user
Lucca (I.) - New York City
385 Posts

Profile of Paolo Venturini
Before at all you should tell as what kind of magic you'd like to perform or what kind of performance you are good to do and what level. Your post is in "Street Magic", so I think that you like cards, cups and balls, sponge balls, rope, coins and everyday objects; if you have already that kind of stuff, I suggest you don't throw away your "holy" money with everything you find, but study intead what will be suitful for your kind of personality and skills; look at every kind of video clip and try to picture yourself doing that with your kind of audience (because you don't even say where you are looking to work).
If you could more specific, I could try to offer you some advice.

Paolo Venturini
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
444 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
Sorry I didn't explain myself very well. The thing I would like to get is I want it to be very visual. I am open to anything. I love cards and coin magic. I also like doing things with mentalism also. I know there are very good tricks out there that aren't cards and coins... I would like to find is something that isn't cards or coins. I want something that I can do walkaround with.
Thanks again
CMO
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Get a couple of decks, a pack of spongeballs and a training dvd. Michael Ammar has alot, crash course in sleight of hand is very good too. I would not put a lot of money into gaffs and gimmicks at the beginning. just go with normal stuff.
if you like mental stuff go with Osterlind.
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Eman
View Profile
Regular user
Bloomington, Indiana
141 Posts

Profile of Eman
I would have recommended the Ghost and Ghost Gaff decks, the Scorpion and M5 kits, but then I realized that a better buy, at least from Ellusionist, would be Revolution, Crash Course 2 Ambitious Card, Ninja 1-2, Mercury, or any combination of the said dvds.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Cigarette thru Quarter, a regular deck a of cards, Mark Wilson's course of magic, the Thought Transmitter, Lethal Tender, Glorpy, Sponge rabbits/balls, rope, and Pen thru Anything. The Mark Wilson's book will tell you more card, rope, and money tricks
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
I'm a bit confused. Are you asking for expensive tricks or good tricks?
landon
View Profile
Regular user
Alberta, Canada
158 Posts

Profile of landon
B-2 Bomber, 3 Ring Circus are good and very visual.
jdknight
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of jdknight
I know you said not coins or cards, but, if you are serious about coins, get Dean's Set from Jamie Schoolcraft (his flyer is on the Café)(JS Coin Gaffs). Also, buy either Dan Watkins Coin vanish E books, Chris Korn (Extreme korn)and/or Dean Dills Extreme Dean DVD set (highly recommended). You could probably get Deans Set, a Coppa Silva Coin and Deans DVDs for about what you have and it would give you years of stuff to learn and practice.

Darren Knight
mantix
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of mantix
I'd buy the Whirling Card trick, Steve Fearson's Floating Cigarette trick (can be done with other items), and a Yigel Misaki Spider Pen, and an Elevator 2.

Make a card spin 360 degrees around your body. Then float a coin in front of you. Walk away and the coin stays floating where it was. Then walk back and it falls, and at your command, jumps straight back into your hand.

For the finale, you make yourself float 3 inches off the ground, with both entire shoes fully visible.

The E2 costs $200 new, but I can sell you an almost new one with full instruction book for $120. The rest you can get online for about $100 bucks. PM me if interested. Smile
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
If you like card magic then you should get giobbi's card college volumes. if you don't like reading you can get some videos . if you like levitations then check out the threads . that will help you decide which one to purchase.
think about what kind of effects you would like to perform then read a lot of reviews. don't rush into buying.
anyway good luck

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
troller
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of troller
The most visual and stunning of all magic in my opinion is that which makes things disappear right before your eyes. If you can bring it back successfully then it's even better.

Thumb Tip, Spider Pen or Any Invisible Thread - Kevlar is great... and doesn't tangle as much as Nylon. If you like coin tricks get yourself the Hopping Coins, Scotch and Soda, and for real simple but great magic, the Rating Pen! It works on girls!!!

Spend your money wisely. Get only tricks that impress you a lot. Have a demonstration done on any at your local magic store. That is what they do around where I live. If it tricks you then you know it must be good. Once you know the method do not be discouraged since most tricks that are great are simple.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
I would invest in getting DVD's of the type of magic you like (mentalism, street, etc.)
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1041 Posts

Profile of deputy
I would say traing boooks or dvd's if you want an expensive trick, maybe the scorpion uv ... I think it is great
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Tricks over $100 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL