The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Suggestion: "My Favorite Forums" Feature » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
I'd like to suggest a new feature for the Café. It would be nice if we could make a customized list of our favorite forums that would then be listed at the top of the menu for easy access. For example, I might choose Pick a Card, Show Me the Money, Tricks & Effects, Tricks & Effects For Sale, and Secret Sessions if those were the forums that I liked to visit most often. When I log on, these would be displayed at the top of the menu under the heading "My Favorite Forums" or something like that. That way, we wouldn't have to scroll down and sift through all the other forums to easily access the ones that interest us most. I hope you'll consider adding this feature.
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
This might help you. On the first page of the Café, click on the title "welcome to the Magic Café"

Now scroll down past the admin forum and you'll see that all of the forums have been condensed. You can then pick the category you want by clicking on it and it will only open those forums. It's not exactly what you are looking for but it might help. If you no longer want that option, just click on the MagicCafe logo and it will return the screen to normal.
Where the magic begins
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
You're right. It's not exactly what I had in mind. But that does reduce the scrolling quite a bit. Thanks for the info. I still think it would be great if we could select each area within the major categories (i.e. "pick a card" or "show me the money" etc.) as a "favorite" by clicking on an icon next to it, and then those that we selected showed up near the top under a "favorites" heading. Maybe it's something that can be accomplished in the future.
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
magicbob116, I appreciate the suggestion very much.
All I can tell you at the moment is that we currently have no plans on changing our current format, but you never know...
:xmastree:
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Suggestion: "My Favorite Forums" Feature » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL