The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Café V.I.P.'s » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
griff13
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of griff13
I would definitely add Paul Chosse. I have found some nice buried treasures reading his posts.
Juble
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Juble
PAUL CHOSSE NO DOUBT! As above his posts are a treasure trove, gives great informed feedback and he's always willing to help you problem solve...

Also Pete Biro, Whit and Lee Darrow.
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Vinnie Marini, Glen Bishop, Pete Biro, Whit Haydn, Jimmy Molinari, Johnathan Townsend, Dan Watkins, Kurtis Kam, Paul Chosse, Bill Palmer, Hideo Kato & Lee Darrow all have my respect. This is why I am pleased to be a member of this forum & kudos to all of the Café's Staff for making this site the best in the World! Cheers!!
:bikes: Smile Smile
<<<KRaZy4kardz>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
There are a few here who I've come to respect, are generous, inspire me and that I consider very important contributors to the Café and magic in general.
Quite a few are mentioned above and I'll leave it at that.
Cpontz
View Profile
Special user
Daupin PA
553 Posts

Profile of Cpontz
Jaz: I don't think it can be said any better.

Craig
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
The V.I.P status is, in fact, only given to Guests of Honour featured in the 'Chef Special' section of the Café.

That said, I would love to see some, if not all, of the people mentioned featured in that section!

Jamie D. Grant
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
I vote also for Vinny and JT. They both have helped me quite a bit. It goes without saying tha Vinny is a very unselfish guy. I also can remember asking a question about the handling of the "Invisible Aces" and Jonathan recemmended a handling that I now use.

Thanks to both Vinny and Jonathan.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Jay Newton
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of Jay Newton
I don't know about others here, but my respect is given to those I respect, and withheld from those I do not. Titles are meaningless. I am sure those who have been referenced will continue to be of help regardless of a cyber-title.

I think dolling out such titles opens up a can of worms that the Café probably doesn't want to bother with, because there will always be someone's favorite guy that did not get a title.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
You have a point Jay, however, titles are only meaningless if the recipient uses it egotistically. Some have that distiction or title if you will, but is distant, hardly present or don't even bother to answer PMs even just to say hello to a fan. As I have said in my original post, it is more of a resposibility more than anything else. Titles or designations could be beneficial for the new guys here in the Café. With this distinction, the members readily knows where to course their inquiries from the onset!

The names mentioned have proven themselves as great sources of wisdom and knowledge. They may be not be perfect, but they sure know what the phrase "Magicians helping magicians" really mean.

Plainly put, a simple figure to look up to.

You are correct though Jay, it may have some complications, however I think the benefits may be greater. Thanks for the insight though.

Peace,
Rannie Raymundo
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Interesting topic and a good question. As a couple folks have already pointed out, simply put, the V.I.P. title is given to those who have been one of our very special GUESTS OF HONOR here on The Magic Café.
Though I agree that there are many more folks deserving of the title, (on or off the internet), the title as used here can only be earned from being in the guest forum for a week. I hope this helps clarify any misunderstandings. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Café V.I.P.'s » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL