The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Color Monte Help Request (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hes doing the christ alignment move with a little flair... the alignment move I believe is in the instructions
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
You do a multiple push off of the top 2 cards. Doing this move is very easy with only 3 cards. Looks natural also, way better and easier than a DL..
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
What???

First off, he doesn't do a multiple push off of the top 2 cards, and even if he did, doing a multiple push off of the top 2 cards IS a DL, so how can it be better or easier than a DL?????

Please know what your talking about before posting....
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On 2006-05-05 14:59, Daegs wrote:
What???

First off, he doesn't do a multiple push off of the top 2 cards, and even if he did, doing a multiple push off of the top 2 cards IS a DL, so how can it be better or easier than a DL?????

Please know what your talking about before posting....

A multiple push off is way easier for me than a DL, and I do not consider a multiple push off the same as a DL. You are turning over 2 cards, but again the double for me requires some sort of a thumb count or get ready. All I was trying to do was help someone out with a legitimate question, and I thought I was giving a legitimate answer. I was under the impression that the motto of the Café is "Magicians Helping Magicians"
SoI do not understand your sarcasm about "Knowing what I am talking about before posting"
If the moderators do not want my input so be it. Whatever your complaint about me trying to help someone is, please let ne know...
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Just because you are unfamiler with the *common* technique of doing a multiple pushoff for a double lift doesn't mean it isn't.

There are *plenty* of doubles using no get ready either strikes or just pushoffs. Just because you "don't consider it" a DL does not make that so. It is, and multitudes of magic literature would disagree with you here.

Even if you *were* right, there is still the fact that the card is coming from the top and bottom, so a multiple pushoff wouldnt be what he is doing.

this forum IS for magicians helping magicians, and I am helping many magicians by not letting them take your incorrect thoughts on the subject.

If someone post obviously incorrect information, then a way that I(or anyone) can help magicians is by correcting that information before people actually believe it.

Would just staying silent or agreeing with your completely wrong post be helping magicians? I think not!
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
He is using the pivot move in the demo. I personally prefer the christ alignment move and the pull out, which is what the instructions call for. The move he does is the same up to the point of the christ alignment move. He just angles the out jogged card to the left, grabs the cards by the top right corner and pivots them around by the cards bottom left corner, which is near where your life line on your palm ends. I personally don't like it, I think it only gives that possibility of a flash.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
I really liked OZ’s alternate handling for the alignment move. To me, it looked better then the version taught in the instructions.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Yeah there has been a lot of talk about how unnatural the strip out move with the original handling looks; however, I haven't had a problem with it. To me, if it ain't broke then don't fix it.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Color Monte Help Request (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL