The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » DVD/Video tape scene » » Napkin Rose DVD by Michael Mode » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Napkin Rose DVD by Michael Mode
-------------oOo------------

Disc Description: Magician Michael Mode will teach you how to easily twist a napkin into a realistic origami rose. In addition to the basic napkin rose twist, you will also learn several cool tips and tricks developed by Michael over the years and taught on this DVD for the very first time.
This instructional DVD Comes with 12 custom printed red and green napkin rose napkins FREE! Refills also available.

CONTENTS: Introduction, The Napkin Rose, Making The Rose Glow, One-Ply Napkin Rose, A Rose By Any Other Name - Learn how to print your name or logo
right on the rose!, Smells Like A Rose - How to make a scented napkin rose, Tea Rose - A really great miniature version of the napkin rose!, Learn the best way to carry the roses, give the roses away, teach the napkin rose and much more!

BONUS MAGIC TRICKS - (DVD EXCLUSIVE!)

ROSE AND A KISS - Bonus magic trick with a really sweet ending!

TORN AND ROSE-TORED - A visual way to pull the flower off the stem and magically restore it right before you give it away

---------------------------------------

Anyone of legal drinking age will no doubt remember the old bar trick of folding a napkin into a rose. At the very least, most magicians have seen or read about Kevin James' Floating Rose Trick or perhaps observed David Copperfield making a rose out of tissue paper, then magically turning the paper into the genuine article via a flash of fire on one of his television specials. If none of the above sounds familiar to you, I'll assume you've been in a coma for the last few years and will therefore highly encourage you to read further. Smile

At any rate, while the idea of constructing a rose from a paper napkin is nothing new in magic circles, having special napkins available for the working professional is nothing short of pure brilliance (and I don't use that term lightly). Indeed, creator Michael Mode has taken an old idea and literally dressed it up into what can only be described as a beautiful thing. Smile

After years of performances and a wee bit of research, Michael created a special napkin design, which when folded properly is the next best thing to having a real rose - minus the painful thorns. The colors shine bright and the napkins are currently made available in three of the most popular shades for roses (red, pink & yellow) with each package containing 50 of the specially printed napkins which can be purchased seperately or in special bundles. Naturally, one could argue and point out that you don't really need special napkins to make the rose. I can't argue there, but believe me when I say the colors make all the difference. Special note to Mr. Mode: Ever consider a nice purple? Smile

Having said all that, you should know that Michael took the idea a step further. Not only did he provide a great product for the magic community, he actually took the plunge and produced a fantastic instructional DVD as well. Smile

When I first learned of the DVD, I was a bit skeptical about the whole idea. I mean really, everyone knows how to make a paper rose, right? - WRONG!. You read correct. I even asked several of my magic friends if they knew how to make a rose from a paper napkin, but none knew the method, though they were aware that instructions might be found somewhere on the internet.

Now, the DVD that Michael has produced is extremely well done. The production values are excellent, with the picture being broadcast quality and the sound levels staying even over the entire disc. Believe me when I say I've seen a ton of instructional DVDs and most fall way short in both these areas, so viewing this disc was a real treat.

Michael teaches you everything you need to know and more. From folding techniques to several variations of the rose, giving the student much to think about. The disc even includes a few napkins to get you started, which was very much appreciated by this reviewer.

But there is much more here. Yes, besides teaching you the basics, Michael explains various ways to use your new found abilities (and use them you will). Tricks, tips and hints covering everything from storing and carrying the napkins, to handling the occasional jealous boyfriend (this happens more than you might think during a performance, as the ladies really love receiving one of these roses). You'll also learn how to use the rose to help promote your own shows as well as aquire a few new tricks which you can perform once the rose is constructed. Smile

If it sounds like I'm really jazzed about this DVD, it's because I am. The quality is superb, the teaching is excellent, and the value is so much higher than the small asking price. It should also be noted that making and giving away these roses is not just for entertainers such as magicians or clowns. Anyone who deals with the public (waiters, salespeople, etc) on a regular basis should consider making the tiny investment by purchasing this disc and a few packages of the refills...you'll be glad you did. I have absolutely no reservations in giving this my highest recommendation! Smile

-----------------------------------

My rating:

Suggested retail is $19.99 (DVD)
Refill packs are: $9.99 (50 napkins)

Available from your favorite dealer or you may purchase directly from:

Michael Mode
37460 Charter Oaks Blvd
Clinton Twp., MI.

PHONE: 1-800-913-8669 (toll free in U.S.)
INTERNATIONAL: 1-586-468-7894

You may email Michael at:
info@napkinrose.com

Or visit his website at:

Click here!

Dealers - contact Murphy's Magic Supplies, Inc.
11500 Gold Dredge Way
Rancho Cordova, Ca. 95742
Toll Free Order Line: 1-800-853-7403
Or visit Murphy's website:
Click here!
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » DVD/Video tape scene » » Napkin Rose DVD by Michael Mode » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL