The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » How to stack... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Deluzion
View Profile
Loyal user
217 Posts

Profile of Deluzion
I have a question, maybe this one has been asked, but I'm asking this again.

are there any method to stack a deck fastly after a spectator shuffle the deck, or from random order to stacked order...? I've read Tamariz's method in mnemonica how to do this simply by calling each name of the cards in stack order.

but in this way, I find it take some time and it seems not too practical imho.

so are there any method to do stacking fastly maybe by faroing or dealing.

p.s currently when I need to stack a deck I go first into ndo and stack it ( I use Tamariz's stack )..

thx a lot
deluzion
Deluzion
Mike Lowry
View Profile
New user
Canada
79 Posts

Profile of Mike Lowry
Hey Deluzion,

If you are looking to stack an entire deck, I'm not sure if there is any extrememly fast way to do it. The closest things I can think of would be to check out Sal Piacente's lecture notes DVDs. He also has a Poker DVD that has some stacking tips. Both of these DVDs however, cover partial stacking techniques only (a few cards at a time). Maybe you can stack the entire deck over a few tricks if properly routined. And you can just F#### S###### for the remainder of your effects until you perform the trick requiring the stack. Also, Lennart Green's DVD series has GENIUS ways to arrange a deck right in front of the spectators. Although they are more for a performance sitting at a table and not walk around. They can probably be adapted for some sort of Walk around but the ideas and principles are very smart. I can't remember which exact volume it is but (I think it's vol. 2) but the first DVD covers the basics of his whole routine. I would recommend getting that one first before buying any of the other ones. The other DVDs are basically more detailed explanations of what is on the first DVD (plus a little more) I would recommend getting the full series eventually but if you're looking for the meat of the material or a "quick start" guide to it all, get the vol. 1 DVD first. Check it out and let me know what you think.
Mike Lowry
View Profile
New user
Canada
79 Posts

Profile of Mike Lowry
..Also, an awesome stack I use is Richard Osterlind's Breakthrough Card system. I recommend checking that out as it looks completely random and it's very good at figuring out the next card. I think one thing that other stacks may have over it though is that you can't necessarily know the exact location of a card in the deck right away as you can with some other stacks I've heard about. But the Osterlind system is cyclical (meaning that it comes back around to the first card when you reach the last) so the spectator can cut the deck themselves and seemingly "never have you touch the cards".
Deluzion
View Profile
Loyal user
217 Posts

Profile of Deluzion
Wow thanks mike! actually I've had lennart green's dvds. do you mean the technique is green angle separation...?

fyi, I use mnemonica stack. when I hadnt had the mnemonica book, I also used the BCS. but I find it more useful if I could tell the order and the card exactly and fast. if I use the formula of the cyclic stack, it would take more time I think. thanks mike.
Deluzion
Cody Fisher
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Cody Fisher
There are a couple ways in the Mnemonica book that are pretty practical, pretty much stacking the deck in the context of the previous trick. I know there are many culling methods that might work but it would take a lot of practice to make it somewhat quick. I know this has recently been discussed in I believe the "Workers" section, so use the search function. Good luck.

Cody
Deluzion
View Profile
Loyal user
217 Posts

Profile of Deluzion
Thx cody...! currently I use the lorrayne great divide after spectator riffle shuffle... hehe..
Deluzion
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » How to stack... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL