The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Barry Mitchell Products (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Magicshore
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of Magicshore
Magicbern

I've been considering the Boo X2 for awhile. Have you used it in a stage act and if so, what is the reaction? I currently do the boo bag and that works great as a close up trick...so I'm hoping that Boo X 2 is a good stage routine.

John
chris mcbrien
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1235 Posts

Profile of chris mcbrien
I use his Bunny box (appearing rabbit)...kids love it and it's very safe for rabbits (and I produce him right away)....VERY DURABLE AND HIGH QUALITY. I wouldn't want another rabbit appearance box, best on the market as far as I'm concerned.

It's easy to carry, looks like real magic when done right, is humane and is made to be almost "kick" proof so bunny can't spoil the trick. I always get ooohs and aaaahs from it.
Barry rocks!
Chris
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Most of my shows are for birthday parties and audiences of less than 50 - and it gets great reactions. I will be using it for a stage show in two weeks and I'll let you know how it plays - but I don't envisage any problems. On the demo DVD, Barry is actually perofrming it on stage with a 360 degree audience (all surrounded) and it received a fantastic reaction - especially from the kid helper. If you're in doubt purchase the dvd seperately ($5) and then make a valued judgement. If not, then you need to wait for my update post in two weeks! But if there are any other members who have performed it at larger venues, please post! Thanks!
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
Good stuff, thanks! I look forward to your post, break a leg with it!

Keith
Check me out at www.magickeith.com
johnpert
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
322 Posts

Profile of johnpert
What age group does the Boo Balls play to. Is it the 2 in one hand... type of routine??

thanks,
John
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Skip,
I am in the same boat, he has a bunch of goodies on my wish list.
I did luck out and get the Egg Head for 35 on eBay. It was in perfect condidtion.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Lucky, I like Egg Head. My favorite of his routines ... so far ... are The World's Fastest Egg Trick and Simon Star's Vacation. Simon is my second most requested walkaround routine among children. My story line has a very playful Twinkle ("Do you know his song? Old McTwinkle had a farm, ee-ii-ee ...what? Oh yeah! Happy Twinkle to you! Happy Twinkle to You! No? Geesh! Can you sing it for me?") who loves to play Hide & Seek! Twink runs into the purple hole and quickly vanishes! Now where is he hiding THIS time? Why, there he is! Behind your ear! Should we let him hide again? I've been able to repeat this five or six times without risk of being caught by alternating three different steals for the gimmick and using a duplicate Twink for some discoveries. My favorite closing for this effect is planting the duplicate Twink in a child's pocket or collar during a previous routine then letting the children find him in the spot I "never touched." Blows the parents away! I can work this bit for 10-15 minutes in walkarounds. THANK YOU Barry and Tim for giving us Simon!!

I've also adapted Barry's World's Fastest Egg Trick for a slightly different recovery & restored effect. Barry's routines are flawless and brilliantly written with morals and lessons included. I just like being different from everyone else ... something Barry would understand and appreciate.

If you're not familiar with Barry's effects, your first two purchases should be his books and CD's: The Magic of Thinking Creatively and Building a Better Mousetrap. Both books go into very generous detail on several of his commercial routines, scripts and their construction. The Mousetrap CD includes the artwork. Barry grants purchasers of these books individual construction and performance rights. Even so, I still buy the bits I like from Barry because of the quality of his design work...and I can be dangerous near power tools. Still, being able to peer into Barry's incredible mind has jumpstarted ideas of my own in other directions. Buy these books!

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Well said Skip, and wonderful way to present Simon Star!
dbmagic123
View Profile
Regular user
Evansville Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of dbmagic123
Barry's material is real world.. which means it works for the folks working in the real world,, I now have one of the very few he made"Handy Around the House" A poor man's version on an arm chopper.. the thing is funny just to look at.. any dealings I have had with Barry have always be great!.

Don
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Skip,

You said Simon is your "second" most requested trick during walkaround. What is your first?

Tod
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2006-07-28 08:35, chris mcbrien wrote:
I use his Bunny box (appearing rabbit)...kids love it and it's very safe for rabbits (and I produce him right away)....VERY DURABLE AND HIGH QUALITY. I wouldn't want another rabbit appearance box, best on the market as far as I'm concerned.

It's easy to carry, looks like real magic when done right, is humane and is made to be almost "kick" proof so bunny can't spoil the trick. I always get ooohs and aaaahs from it.
Barry rocks!
Chris
I did a search on his site for theis product but can't seem to find it anywhere - can you provide a link, or the full name of the actual product?
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
MrJay
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of MrJay
Barry Still rates up there with the best of the Kids entertainers. He has proven himself time and time again. I have bought many of his magic routines and still have occasion to use them. The question was asked can the Super Chicken be used with adults, absolutely. I thank him many times over for having the mind he has.
longdeademperor
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of longdeademperor
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Barry Mitchell Products (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL