The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Best levitation in market. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Can the Blaney Ladder Levitation be performed surrounded? What's the current market price btw?
All info appreciated... thanks! Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
No, although it can be performed in a close up atmosphere, unfortunately the Blaney Levitation can not be performed surrounded. You would have to get into contact with Walter Blaney to find out just how angly you can get with it.

When I last chatted with Mr. Blaney, he said the price of the levitation itself costs about $9,000. But when you add crates, the hoop, and everything else, you're looking at around $13,000. Each illusion is hand-made by Walter himself, and are perfect.
Believe In Magic....I do!
mike_york
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mike_york
All I have to say to the post above is you get what you pay for!

Nothing shy of the finest quality and care to detail.

Hand made should tell you that this prop is a true miracle.

Mike
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
Very True Smile
EranRaven
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of EranRaven
What about the "three in one levitation" that has been marketed recently?
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
JAEIII, I don't quite understand why Copperfield said that "I own this illusion and I don't have any clue how it's done.".

Would it be possible?

Michael
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
Not to throw ice on the fire, but I have seen the Blaney ladder very closeup. I helped a fellow who bought an original from Walter, figure out how to make it work smoothly.

It is an incredibly well designed piece of apparatus. However, it certainly is not a living room illusion, unless you can get it up high. You do not want people to have a clear, close, down view at the base and ladder arrangement, there are grooves that arouse suspicion.

When done properly, in the right setting, this is a great effect, and the design is wonderful for a stage/platform effect. I certainly would not want anyone to buy it to do for their small, close to the audience, shows. As another person said, it has many angles to hide. Also, when you are close, the motion of taking the ladders out does not look that natural, although it certainly looks acceptable on stage. Truthfully, however, if the person was really floating, the magi would "pull" the ladders out. With the ladder effect, they kind of "swing" out as if they are on a pivot. As I said, looks showy and okay on stage, less able to take scrutiny up close.

quack
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
Michael,

Naturally, as I was not there, I don't know everything that was involved. David said that because at the time it was true. David had seen this illusion performed by Walter and loved it. For about five years David called Walter asking if he could purchase the illusion. Because this levitation was giving Walter himself fame, he was not ready to sell it to anyone else, including Copperfield. After about 6 years, Walter finally agreed to sell it to David. At the time of purchase, David still didn't know how the illusion was accomplished. David flew Walter out to his LA apartment, where Walter set the illusion up and performed it for David and a few people inside his living room. Once it was finished, that is when David said the questioned quote. Right afterwards Walter showed David how it was done. Does this answer your question?

Magicduck,

I agree with everything you said. The original question was that for a stage manipulation act. I would agree that this is not something you want to purchase if they are standing within five feet in front of you. You might be able to pull it off, but being that close the secret may be obvious.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
The Gamalo illusion (that's me in the ads performing it - 1976 - Philadelphia - Legionnaires' disease - very young!) is not a bad illusion and can be controlled by the "rider." Dressed up it could give the finale to a solo act. Candle to hide the -----, chandelier holder, what have you. Small stool in front to sit on, up you go!!! Its disadvantages are the same as the Super-X (but the Super-X is one of the best buys in illusions for publicity purposes). See the shot taken for a Montreal magic restaurant
in my scrapbook.
It appeared in full colour in our local newspaper.

My thoughts only!!

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"

P.S. Did not catch the disease, The SAM convention moved out on a Sunday AM and the Legionnaires' moved in that afternoon!!
Allan Given
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of Allan Given
Does anyone know of a good place to purchase a used Super-X and roughly what they go for now?
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
I would keep my eyes open at

http://www.magicauction.com

You can usually find a few on there for a pretty good price. Do your research before you bid though to make sure you know exactly what you'll be getting. You can probably find one for a few hundred dollars.
medaca
View Profile
New user
france
37 Posts

Profile of medaca
I do not know a lot of levitations, but I know Fearson's Fantastic Flotation and it is great.
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

Profile of Eugene Chekhov
Mr. Harry mentioned - Yogano. Here is one of our creations - from this book! The book is a treasure of secrets.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt2SqTyCOHI
Smile
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Things have changed quite a bit since 2002. The most popular real world parlor levitation is the Magellan line of self levitations. Fits in a carry-on bag, weighs a fraction of what all of these others weigh, and it's indestructible. When Walter Blaney saw the Magellan levitation for the first time, he was shocked, and refused to comment on it, because he said that his endorsement would doom his suspension from ever selling in the future.

www.magellanlevitation.com

Now, in aluminum and aluminum modular versions
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Best levitation in market. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL