The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books/Pamphlets/Notes » » Healed and Sealed Soda by Anders Modén » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
With all the buzz concerning this effect blasting over the Internet, I was more than a bit curious about this new magical wonder. Lucky for me, Murphy's Magic Supplies sent me one to review. The following are some of my thoughts. Smile

Healed and Sealed Soda by Anders Modén
--------------------oOo--------------------

Effect: An opened, emptied and crushed soda can slowly and visually heals itself, returning to it's original state-the hole in the top even magically reseals itself closed! To top off this mind-blowing routine you can even open the can with a pfzzzt! and pour the contents out into a glass! Only one normal can is used, no switches.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, ever since David Blaine was seen performing this on television, it seems as if this effect has become all the rage, as it were. So what do you get for your magical dollar?

The trick does not come with any props, but is a well produced booklet/manuscript containing about ten pages of instructions.
The booklet is very well written and illustrated, giving you all the information required to amaze your friends, including what you will need, preparation and set-up, and of course ideas on the actual presentation itself. In fact, one such presentation is an idea by the Café's own Tom Cutts. In addition, Mr. Modén even has a short Trouble shooting section answering some common questions one may have concerning this effect, and how to get around any possible problems.

Is this effect worth having? Well, that may well be a personal thing. I tried it out several times, and at the risk of being burned at the stake, I was not real impressed. I mean, it's okay, but nothing earth-shattering. Maybe I feel this way because of all the hype, I'm not quite sure. Then again, perhaps I just can't see myself doing this.

I will say this; The effect can work well, given the right circumstances, at the right time, with the right crowd. It is not fool-proof, despite what some may tell you.
Without giving away too much, there may be forces beyond your control that could spoil this.

I must also point out that though the booklet is very well done, I feel that a special something should have been included in the package. The instructions do explain how to make this item, but honestly, I think a nice custom pre-made one would have been nice, even if that meant paying a little more. Just a thought. Smile

The trick is not hard to learn, but a good bit of practice and great presentation skills will be necessary to sell this mini miracle as genuine. You will need to get the feel of it. If done correctly, you will indeed amaze your audience. Worth your consideration.

My rating:

Available from your favorite dealer. Dealers should contact Murphy's Magic Supplies, Inc., Click here!

Suggested retail: $12.00

You can also contact Anders Modén directly at: moden@telia.com

To visit Anders Modén's site: Click here!
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books/Pamphlets/Notes » » Healed and Sealed Soda by Anders Modén » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL