The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Transform rope loop to 10 inch ring? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
I'm thinking of combining a couple of routines. I'd like to have a loop of rope for one portion (like Flip's routine, but with a bigger loop) that transforms into a 10 inch ring for the transition to a linking rings bit.

I have a couple of ideas on how to accomplish this, but they aren't really that good.
Any ideas?

Thanks and Best,
Jim
Curt from Canada
View Profile
New user
Canada eh!
77 Posts

Profile of Curt from Canada
I don't really have any ideal but It sounds like an ideal effect to transition to the linking rings with
Chase
View Profile
New user
Arkansas
98 Posts

Profile of Chase
Ok. Done this before.
At the end of your rope routine, you also need a large . (I produced it out of a hand that the audience thought was secretly containing knots as a surprise sucker effect.) With your ring in the right hand, drape the silk over it casually as if you need your left hand free. (Preset: In/behind your table, hang your 10 inch ring laced with flash string.) In one motion, use your left hand to produce a lit match from a holdout while simeotaneously ditching the rope loop and stealing your 10 inch ring keeping it mostly hidden behind the silk. Bring the ring forward as you bring the match back and smoothly light the flash string. As the flash burns away, "produce" the ring and polish it with the silk.
OK... long description, and it boils down to nice old handmagic and misdirection, but it WORKS. Some people in the audience will swear they saw a rope turn into steel.
Play with it. See what you think. Like most "old school" stuff it really depends on body position, direction of attention, and smoothness of motion.
Hope that gives you something to play with.
Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
It sure does and I like it. Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Transform rope loop to 10 inch ring? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL