The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » 1888 English Penny (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Tony Webs
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Tony Webs
I guess I was lucky when I built up my coin collection. In the early nineties before Manchester City centre got bombed there was a dealer in the city who sold old medals and coins.
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
It is a closeup piece which I intend to let the viewer touch the coin which is why I think the date itself is important.

I think I have a lead to a couple 1888 coins.
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
Thanks for everyone's help. I was able to get a hold of a 1887 for a good price today. All suggestions are much appreciated!
cloud
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincolnshire, England
206 Posts

Profile of cloud
Sorry to jump in late, but is it possible to get a m******* old penny (or get one made). I would like to use one for a 'Spring Heeled Jack' routine.
Peyak
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Peyak
I found an1888 pence with queen Victoria on it. I live in Calgary Alberta Canada and I was wondering if it is worth anything to a collecter
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2012-09-04 11:57, Peyak wrote:
I found an1888 pence with queen Victoria on it. I live in Calgary Alberta Canada and I was wondering if it is worth anything to a collecter

Not,really...they are a rather common year!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
...Making the Magic Happen!
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
I would pay €20000 but I don't have €20000... Send it to me for appraisal...
Timothy Dowd
http://www.timothydowd.com
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
Tokyo Williams
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
126 Posts

Profile of Tokyo Williams
Another vote for purchasing a lot from Ebay. I picked up a handful of late 19th Century pennies for a Jack routine for very little...shipping exceeded the actual total quite a bit, and I still probably paid less than $6. Granted, I purchased from a chap in Iceland right after their currency turned to kindling, but given the common nature of the coins, I would imagine roughly similar deals can still be found. Keep in mind, the bargin-rate coins will be far from mint condition, but I think having them worn down from a thousand greasy (and bloody) thumbs makes them all the better...
I have nothing to say
And I am saying it
And that is poetry.
-John Cage
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
Timothy Dowd
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
Too late... my time has come... sends shivers down my spine... body's aching all the time... bought it...!
Timothy Dowd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » 1888 English Penny (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL