The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Best Glue for Leather (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3623 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I need to find the best and strongest glue for some projects Im working on involving a leather wallet. Any reccomendations?
Aaron Chee
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Aaron Chee
For me I use Strong Contact Glue. Yellow in colour. Some sort like rubber cement but stronger than rubber cement.

Its mostly use for repair bags and shoes.

Regards
Aaron Chee.
Ace Illusions

Email: info@aceillusions.com
Mobile: +65 81836672, Facsimile: +65 62530656
www.AceIllusions.com
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
In here the brand is CASTOL.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Go to http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com and look at ADHESIVES. TANNER'S BOND LEATHERCRAFT CEMENT or BARGE CEMENT (which can be had at most craft stores) are the products you are looking for.

FWIW

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Tandy is a good catalog to have for prop builders. Not only is the correct glue there but they have rope sheers that are the best I've ever had.

Bob

PS --- Learn to build with leather hinges. They are quiet, strong and very forgiving!
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Rowdy,
this will depend on several factors, type of leather/surface, do you need a permanent bond, temporay to hold while constructing, flexible or stiff, etc.

I do a fair amount of leatherwork, and can likely give you some more help, or again, your local leather factory or tandy store person will help you, but they will probably ask the same questions.
some leather finished need more preperation than others for different glues and adhesives. Feel free to pm if you want for more info. I will help if I can
Kay
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Dave Lewis
View Profile
New user
Anaheim, California
83 Posts

Profile of Dave Lewis
"Barge Cement" is amazing stuff. Let both pieces being attached dry completely before putting them together, and be sure to line everything up as carefully as possible because getting the parts apart if you screw up is not easy.
owln_1
View Profile
Loyal user
dallas /now live by tulsa
222 Posts

Profile of owln_1
I'm a saddle and harness maker for over 20 years and I use only BARGE CEMENT you can get at Tandy's leather stores. owln_1
owln_1
View Profile
Loyal user
dallas /now live by tulsa
222 Posts

Profile of owln_1
Yiu might want to use 2 coats on both pieces you want to glue together, it will stay forever.Owln_1
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Best Glue for Leather (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL