The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Don Wayne's Matchbook Follies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

OHCollector
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of OHCollector
If anyone has a lead on where I could get one of these, please PM me. This is the floating match routine Copperfield used on a television special. I called Don, and he said he's not making them anymore. Thanks.
magiquarian
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of magiquarian
Only Don Wayne and Copperfield could do it
OHCollector
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of OHCollector
Could do what?
magiquarian
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of magiquarian
Correction, should have said,could "perform it"....During my tenure at Tannens c 1980's, we handled this effect. It is not too easy to perform CORRECTLY, requires a lot of work in performing it
OHCollector
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of OHCollector
Okay - I'm with you now. Thanks for clarifying. I have come across a couple of these since the time I was looking for one.
mydogripper
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
182 Posts

Profile of mydogripper
I have one ... and currently modifying the prop to look like a real book of matches.... mine has been sitting since they frst came out and never used
http://www.MerrittAmbrose.com
2011 Greater Atlanta Magician of the Year
mghia
View Profile
Veteran user
Kymystical
387 Posts

Profile of mghia
I have one, unused and think I still have the postcard that gives permission to perform the effect.

Let me know if interested. Really neat prop.
Magician Toronto
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Magician Toronto
I am very interested in one. Does anyone have this effect?
Thanks,

MT

http://www.magiciantoronto.com
Hookem
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Hookem
I have one.
wanmagic
View Profile
Regular user
tulsa, ok
184 Posts

Profile of wanmagic
I am looking for one if someone has for sale?
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
859 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Is this the one where the match 'bows' before floating? If so, I have one too. I seriously doubt I will part with it because it is so unique. I am curious to see how much one sells for now, though.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I have one, and hate to part with it because it is truly a collector piece, but I would be willing to sell it.
KJ
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
I have this and performed it throughout the years, yes it does takes a lot of practice to perform the full routine correctly, the floatation part is the hardest to do smoothly. Although I have done the full routine there is a shorter version without the match floating which only includes the vanishing/reappearance and the match taking a visual bow...this is much easier to perform. Attached is a brief video of myself performing this shorter version.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vvv_QwrMSvs

Chuck
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2020, Anverdi-museum wrote:
I have this and performed it throughout the years, yes it does takes a lot of practice to perform the full routine correctly, the floatation part is the hardest to do smoothly. Although I have done the full routine there is a shorter version without the match floating which only includes the vanishing/reappearance and the match taking a visual bow...this is much easier to perform. Attached is a brief video of myself performing this shorter version.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vvv_QwrMSvs

Chuck

Nice routine! Love it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Don Wayne's Matchbook Follies (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL