The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Magic Saints (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sk8bordgeek
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of sk8bordgeek
I am going to be confirmed soon and I am trying to choose a confirmation name. I am trying to decide between St. Giovanni Bosco and St. Joseph of Copertino. I am leaning towards St. Joseph because I also like piloting airplanes besides magic; St. Joseph of Copertino is the patron Saint of Flight. My favorite magic tricks are levitations and he seemed to be good for that. St. Giovanni Bosco isn't an official patron Saint yet, but he was known because he always taught the Christian religion using simple magic tricks. Some of the tricks that he did can compare to some of the greatest magicians of today's time. I need some input from you guys, and feel free to make any other suggestions besides the two that I have chosen.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Copertino is very close to Copentro, the classic coin penetration trick. In fact I Copentro is an anagram of the Saint's name. Thus you could choose him and still keep your ties to magic and a reason to give yourself a nice present of a Copentro as a confirmation gift
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
sk8bordgeek
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of sk8bordgeek
Good idea Smile
BCE
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of BCE
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2007, sk8bordgeek wrote:
I am going to be confirmed soon and I am trying to choose a confirmation name. I am trying to decide between St. Giovanni Bosco and St. Joseph of Copertino. I am leaning towards St. Joseph because I also like piloting airplanes besides magic; St. Joseph of Copertino is the patron Saint of Flight. My favorite magic tricks are levitations and he seemed to be good for that. St. Giovanni Bosco isn't an official patron Saint yet, but he was known because he always taught the Christian religion using simple magic tricks. Some of the tricks that he did can compare to some of the greatest magicians of today's time. I need some input from you guys, and feel free to make any other suggestions besides the two that I have chosen.

Don Bosco.
MSaber
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of MSaber
Yeah I like the name Joseph better. So you're being confirmed in the Catholic Church? Ever heard of Orthodox Christianity? You should look into it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Magic Saints (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL