The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Jon Armstrong Lecture Chicago Area 11/2/07 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tom Dobrowolski
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of Tom Dobrowolski
On Friday November 2 at 7p.m., Midwest Magic (www.midwestmagic.net) Franklin Park, Illinois is proud to present the Magic Castle Close-Up Magician of the Year:

Jon Armstrong

Jon Armstrong is more than just another "card guy". He was awarded the title of close-up magician of the year at the Magic Castle's recent award banquet in April 2007 (in addition to being one of the Magic Castle's most in demand performers). Last year he was featured on the cover of Genii magazine, and he just inked a deal with L&L publishing to produce a three volume DVD of his material. He is a featured performer at this year's LVMI close-up convention and competed at FISM. And that's just in the magic world!

In the corporate environment, Jon is a busy performer and has worked for years for the Fortune 500 elite companies. He has toured China and works all over the world with nothing but a pack of cards.

Jon 's success results in part from his unique synthesis of performance, effect and character that can make "tricks" become magic.

Jon will be sharing his guarded techniques for making magic memorable. Jon will explore topics such as how to learn magic, how to excel in your personal performances and how to create a memorable character which enhances your audience's total experience. Every point will be illustrated with examples from Jon personal performing repertoire.

Not only that, but for the finger flingers, Jon will share many of his original card ideas developed in thousands of performances for companies like Walt Disney and Sea World. These ideas are useable whether you are a full time pro or just do a few tricks for family and friends. Everyone will walk away with a new tool they can use to be a better magician.

Do you want people to think of you when someone mentions magic? Do you want to perform magic that will make them remember what you did in far more amazing ways. For the first time, using routines from his professional repertoire, Jon Armstrong will discuss techniques designed to manipulate an audience's future memory of a magical event in order to maximize the likelihood that they will remember both you and discuss an enhanced version of the experience. And though he is known for card magic, he'll teach a many tricks that you can be done by any magician, regardless of experience, skill level, or area of magical interest.

Some of the effects that you will learn are:
Out of this Blah Blah Blah--A small packet Out of this world that fools magicians and laymen alike yet is self working. If you can count to ten you can do this.
I Scream You Scream--You ask for a pen and draw an Ice cream cone on your business card. When heat is added the Ice cream visually melts.
My Opening Act--A thought of card to wallet routine. This has been Jon's eye-popping opener for 15 years and packs a huge punch.
"What If"--A clean prediction effect where it seems like the spectator's get to go back in time and change that past.
"BTTW Collectors"--Four Aces are shown and placed on the table. Three cards are selected returned to the deck. Without any apparent trickery, the Aces are spread to reveal three facedown cards interlaced between them - the selections. No set up and very little skill.
"False False Deal"--Look like you can deal Seconds, Thirds and Centers with no skill or special deck.
"Putting Things Together"--After this lesson on how to research and routine ideas from the past you will learn an impossible location that Jon uses to close his award winning Magic Castle close up act.

Tickets are $20, seating is limited and by order of reservation, so call (847) 455-4288 today!
Tom Dobrowolski
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Remember it's THIS Friday. You don't want to miss this lecture.

See you there.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Jon is great! you can see him in every apisode of reel magic quarterly, starting this with the october issue....hes terrific and you should not miss him...he entertains with a pack of cards and not too many out there can do that...HE TERRIFIC, that's why hes in reel magic as a columnist
Tom Dobrowolski
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Only 2 days before the lecture. Make your reservations today !!

p.s.-I am really enjoying "Reel Magic 1/4ly". GREAT first 2 issues. I can't wait for more and more of them !!! They sell like hot cakes in the shop. We always recommend it.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
When I met Jon I told him I was going to watch him work to see if he was as good as they said, he told me he looked forward to it. He is better than they said.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Jon Armstrong Lecture Chicago Area 11/2/07 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL