The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Is this a fantastic new linking cards? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

poesjenel
View Profile
Regular user
Antwerp, Belgium
122 Posts

Profile of poesjenel
Please go to the follow link and open the clip under close-up-show : Die verketteten spielkartenrahmen
The link : http://www.hecklau.de/HTML_Zauberer_Seit......rlin.htm

This completely baffled me. Anyone have an idea of this routine is on the market or what it is?

Jacques
Hearttau
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey: Exit 15 E
423 Posts

Profile of Hearttau
Jacques,

Paul Harris invented this effect I believe. I’ve seen this for sale somewhere. I’ll do a search and let you know.

A little off subject but I just loved the soft music used in the clip, ahh, so soothing. If only more magic demos use easy listening and classical music, I’d buy more effects for sure. Smile

Found it. You want Art of Astonishment Vol 2 (1996): Contains Paul's work from 1979 and 1980 (which includes his famous linking cards routines: Immaculate Connection and Cardboard Connection).

Dave
Lentidigitator: “A magic artist who performs slow motion magic”... Rene Lavand

"Peace and all good"... St. Francis

"Hold on to your joy!"... Me Smile

http://mysite.verizon.net/hearttau/
poesjenel
View Profile
Regular user
Antwerp, Belgium
122 Posts

Profile of poesjenel
Dave I own Paul Harris' Art of Astonishment and already studied his linking card routines but I think that what is shown by Alex Hecklau in his video clip is very different, very open with one card clearly dangling from the other. In the clip one of the spectators even pulls the dangling card. I can not recognize immaculate connection or cardboard connection in this. This looks so clean!
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
I can't say for certain, but this looks like Sean Fields' "Linkage", possibly mixed with some ideas from Joshua Quinn's "Conjunction".
poesjenel
View Profile
Regular user
Antwerp, Belgium
122 Posts

Profile of poesjenel
Scott I had a look at Sean's demo of Linkage ( and the bonus link ) . This german magician uses complete cards wich he very openly cuts out. There even is a very detailed photograph of the linked cards on the same site where you can see that the cards are signed on the edge which let me suppose that they where seen and handled by the spectators before the cutting. I know conjunction, beautifull but very elaborate, while this handling is so simple and close to the spectators. I would really love to be able to perform this beauty!

Jacques
Hearttau
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey: Exit 15 E
423 Posts

Profile of Hearttau
Sorry for the misinformation, I do remember seeing this handling somewhere. It's definitely not the "Linkage" handling. I wrongly assumed it was one of the Harris versions. I'm not sure now if I am confusing a performance with a demo. Again sorry about that. Smile
Lentidigitator: “A magic artist who performs slow motion magic”... Rene Lavand

"Peace and all good"... St. Francis

"Hold on to your joy!"... Me Smile

http://mysite.verizon.net/hearttau/
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
That was amazing.

RevJohn
thinkingisbelieving
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of thinkingisbelieving
That was just beautiful.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
I agree beautiful if we could do real magic it would look something likr this thanks for the link
gamma105
View Profile
Regular user
City of Evil
150 Posts

Profile of gamma105
Holy! that just took the linking cards to another level!
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Is this for sale anywhere?..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Unfortunately, no. I wrote to Axel and here's part of his response:

This is my invention and my secret. Even my collegs (www.close-up-club.de) did not know how it´s done ;-)

Perhaps in a few years I will publish it or take it into my lecture.

Greeetings from Berlin / Germany

Axel Hecklau
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Thanks, Robert M.....Too bad; It looks great....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Maybe if enough of us email Axel and show interest, he might release it.. Smile ..
Ben Morris-Rains
View Profile
Regular user
Larkspur, Colorado
111 Posts

Profile of Ben Morris-Rains
Definitly the best I've ever seen. It really sold it when that guy pulled on the card, and I don't think that was planned.
PUNCTURE: Pen Through Bill
stickmondoo
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of stickmondoo
Great trick. There is something very similar in New Magic from Japan. I was thinking of making it up. It looks amazing.
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
567 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
Wow! That was great.

Emmett
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Is this a fantastic new linking cards? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL