The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Kellar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Signor Blitz
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of Signor Blitz
Does anyone have any information about Harry Kellar and how he autographed the front of postcards? Very interested in the story/stories behind them. Thank youfor you help.
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
I don't know that much about them, but here is what I know. I had about 40-50 of these at one time. They are of the kind that you pick-up on vacation. The ones with landmarks, etc. I think Kellar signed them for a family member(a niece?). I don't think he did it when he was touring. The ones I've have seen, 100-150, were all unused. Maybe they were all signed around the same time is my guess.

Now, you can tell me how many different Houdini postcards are out there. That would help me. Smile
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
martinka
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of martinka
You can find the images of 4 or 5 signed Kellar cards in the martinka archives.

Enter "Kellar Postcard" and check off descriptions and closed auctions.

Here's the search link:

http://www.martinka.com/martinka/auction/APSearch.asp
www.martinka.com

"Buying & Selling Magic for over 100 Years"
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

A nice one just closed on Ebay for $39.00. Here's the auction number. 300194918472
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
mrmagician
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of mrmagician
I was told Larry Weeks ended up with these years ago. Someone might check his hand writing to see if they match Kellar's (LS laugh silently).
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

The ones I had were the real deal as compared to Kellar letters I have. I think he picked them up for a family member or friend on his travels.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

mrmagician
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of mrmagician
Hey Kevin,
I know the signed postcard thing was a habit for him. By signing each one, it was proof that he had been to all of those places. I heard Larry Weeks (or was it Larry Shean) somehow got the lot and piece milled them. Over the years, I have had 20 - 30 of them. I have about five of them now. I agree with you, they are authentic. I was just kidding about the forgery.
trickbooks
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of trickbooks
I recognize this is an old thread, but here’s a neat post about Kellar on the throwing card blog:

https://throwingcards.blogspot.com/2018/......-oz.html

Gary
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Kellar (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL