The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Point Blank by Jordan Cotler (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
351 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
Anyone seen this new card effect being advertised on the Ammar magic site ? Sounds interesting, but I really need a few more details before investing. Does anyone have this and, if so, what do you think of it ?
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
yankeeprez
View Profile
New user
Florida
46 Posts

Profile of yankeeprez
Although I do not have this, I went to Tannens Magic Camp with Jordan. As of this past summer, Jordan was only 13 but he took the Close Up Competition by Storm. If my memory serves me right, the effect was very very nice. I must say though, don't get me wrong I think it's a great effect, but I don't think that this is one of his best creations. If you do get this, please let me know!
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of learachel
No news?
spencerpeterson
View Profile
Regular user
New York City
186 Posts

Profile of spencerpeterson
The effect is nothing compared to blizzard by Dean Dill.
www.cleardeception.wordpress.com

The Magic of Spencer Peterson
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Like it better than Blizzard. Easy to do & resets quickly.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
alexander_may
View Profile
Loyal user
South Africa
296 Posts

Profile of alexander_may
Michael Ammar was in Cape Town, South Africa this weekend, presenting a lecture. At dinner on Saturday evening, he performed Point Blank for a group of us. His presentation ideas were amazing, and he sold out all the decks he brought with him.

It may not be something you would buy by just reading the ad, but boy, seeing him doing it and then discussing various scripts etc, it truly is the only card trick you need to carry with you wherever you go.
afknight
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of afknight
Quote:
On 2008-06-01 15:43, alexander_may wrote:
Michael Ammar was in Cape Town, South Africa this weekend, presenting a lecture. At dinner on Saturday evening, he performed Point Blank for a group of us. His presentation ideas were amazing, and he sold out all the decks he brought with him.

It may not be something you would buy by just reading the ad, but boy, seeing him doing it and then discussing various scripts etc, it truly is the only card trick you need to carry with you wherever you go.

It would be great if these extra touches were included in the effect or available via special website post purchase. Anything you can share Alexander?
alexander_may
View Profile
Loyal user
South Africa
296 Posts

Profile of alexander_may
I think one of the main points that came out of the session was the endless presentation possibilities. Just there about 5 or 6 were discussed, and the next day some guys had thought of even more.

One was if you are performing for sales people. To be successful in sales, you really have to stand out (Card selected). If you can do that, the competition doesn't matter (Cards turn blank).

Or in a motivational talk. You might feel as if you are only one in a crowd. But if you've decided who you are and what you are going to become, you will really stand out...

Hope that gives you an idea Smile
Jailhouse Jonny
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Jailhouse Jonny
I think I have an original one, purchased at his lecture at Magic Inc. It was a bit of a knuckle buster for me. But Jordan at age 13 could do it very well. sigh.
Illuminate . White Label
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Illuminate . White Label
Can anyone advice as to how easy it is to handle this ?

Ammar describes it as "It's a special deck that can be handled in a totally normal way. It's simple procedures that produce maximum impact!." ... without actually saying its easy.

Thanks , Guys
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Not self working but pretty easy.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
I just picked it up. There are two sleights. I do not see the timing misdirection for the main move (HP) The deck is still on the table when they slide out the card. You have to pick up the deck and then do the move. the main misdirection is to talk about the card. There is something there I do not like and expected more insturction with Ammar being involved.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
They would NEVER suspect a trick deck. lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_4KmXoEwP4
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
993 Posts

Profile of Gianni
I must be missing something. A trick deck is the very first thing someone would suspect - and there's nothing short of a DS to prove them wrong.

Gianni
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Point Blank by Jordan Cotler (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL