The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Best way to get templates/plans to others online? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Hi,

I'm looking for the best way to get a template to another person online. In other words, what format would be best for sending an actual sized template to another person, where they would be able to print the file out on any computer/printer setup, and it would come out to the correct scale and tile correctly if the template were larger than 8 1/2" x 11".

Adobe Acrobat can get tricky with tiling, and I'm wondering if I could manipulate a jpeg better and more universally.

Is there something really obvious, universal and simple that I'm missing here? It would be great if the receiver could do this without a lot of computer knowledge.

Thanks,

Jimmy
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
I just answered my own question through trial and error.

Basically, save the illustration from your software as a jpeg, and then open it with 'Paint' in Microsoft Windows.

Is it this easy on a Mac? What universally included Apple/Mac OS program would open a jpeg exactly to the required size, tile it and print it to the same exact size?

Thanks,

Jimmy
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
You could also probably export it to a PDF file.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
As I said before, the pdf format with the Adobe Acrobat can get tricky when tiling.

Thanks,

Jimmy
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Send a .jpg with the page size noted, and have the receiver open it in Photoshop. They can check the size before printing.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2007-12-18 22:06, magic4545 wrote:
As I said before, the pdf format with the Adobe Acrobat can get tricky when tiling.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Sorry... I misread this as Adobe ILLUSTRATOR.

That being said, I often use CorelDRAW! exported to PDF and have never had a problem with tiling misalignment.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Hi everyone,

Like I said, I'm looking for a way to open in Windows and/or Mac that is a program that oomes as part of the OS. Does Mac still have 'Paint' like it had years ago? Or something else?

Thanks,

Jimmy
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
I find PDF to be the best kind of file to send to a customer and/or take to a printer for good quality printing. Many printers are treating it as their preferred format.
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
The Mac OS does not come with Paint any more. The closest application that comes with the current Mac 0S is Preview. It will open JPG files but I don't know if it will come out to the correct scale and tile correctly if the template were larger than 8 1/2" x 11".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Best way to get templates/plans to others online? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL