The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Am I the last to find this site? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jon-O the Great
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jon-O the Great
While researching something else, I ran across an interesting site. I’m probably the last to find it: http://www.mallusionist.com/index.html.

When I first saw it, I was really incensed because it seemed that the guy was giving away the tricks. But as I read further, it turned out…well, just read some “daffy-nitions” . http://www.mallusionist.com/tradesecrets/glossary.shtml

For example,

Cold deck: A deck of cards that has been kept in the refrigerator to preserve crispness.

Or

Double lift: A British building with two elevators.

If you HAVEN’T seen it, it really is a riot. I’m sure it took SOMEONE a very long time to do this site because there is page after page of stuff. But it made my day.

He DOES have some SERIOUS links and he does sell some stuff but the majority of it is very funny.

John
Rappel
View Profile
Veteran user
Memphis Tn.
303 Posts

Profile of Rappel
Looks like its from the guy who owns Ellusionist.com which I've purchased a few effects from.
Wardy
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
193 Posts

Profile of Wardy
I think I'm now the last to find it! And well worth the wait. Very funny!!
Louis.P.M
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
218 Posts

Profile of Louis.P.M
Wow!! you really had to go dig deep for that post Smile ...still I'm glad you enjoyed it! haha
Wardy
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
193 Posts

Profile of Wardy
About time magicians take the mickey out of themselves. So many think they really perform actual magic and take themselves way too seriously. Way more serious than musicians...
Lou Is
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Lou Is
This is GREAT! Thanks for posting!
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
I am now the last to find it. Thanks for sharing.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
TheMagicHacker
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of TheMagicHacker
Sorry to disappoint, Ray, but I think I've just taken your title. I'm now the last to find it.

Also, props to whoever had the time and creativity to write this whole list. I can't stop laughing at the definition for "plant".

Plant: Vegetation secretly put on the stage by the magician to give the audience the feeling that they might be outside.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Am I the last to find this site? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL