The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Check Out My New Prop (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I finally used my Butterfly Box, and the routine went over really well. The box itself is a breeze to use, thanks to the handles on the side. I think all Egyptian Water Boxes or similar props need those types of handles! It makes handling so much easier, and I think more convincing. You can swing the box open fast as lightning.

Regan
Mister Mystery
chill
View Profile
Veteran user
colorado, usa
385 Posts

Profile of chill
Regan
good to hear your routine went well. was your daughter present?
bob
I spent most of my money on magic and women, the rest i just wasted
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Wow!

The finish and craftsmanship are awesome! You should really think about manufacturing for magicians. Your quality looks on par with Chalet, Axtell, and Wolfs.

Lyndel
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Bob,

Thanks, and no my daughter was not present. I have some festivals coming up and she sis planning on being at there at some of them. Hopefully she will get to see it in a couple of weeks.

Lyndel, Thanks. I don't know what to say with that comment. For my name to be mentioned along with those 3 greats is unbelievable. I never thought of anything like that, but I appreciate, (and I am also stunned) by your comment.

Thanks!

Regan
Mister Mystery
glowball
View Profile
Special user
Nashville TN
846 Posts

Profile of glowball
Beautiful work!

I too am an Egyptian water box fan and have built several models using 2 inch sides attached at 90 degrees to the front panel going back and attached to the back panel coming forward (these special sides on the front panel greatly help the angles).

These 2 inch wide side panels are outside of the main middle portion. I had to cut 1 inch notches at the top of the main support side panels to accommodate the top edge of the front and back panels when the box is swung open.

I sometimes use a sci-fi theme and Indiana Jones Warehouse storage box theme so sometimes I don't use any fancy finishing just raw plywood with military stenciling "Top Secret".

However, for those boxes with other themes I am jealous of your excellent work, thanks for sharing!

Could you post a performance on YouTube where we could see the effect and benefits of the design? Even if there is no audience this would give us a greater appreciation of your box!

Thanks sooo much!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Check Out My New Prop (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL