The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » New prop for library and educational shows (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
This is a new prop I just made for the 'Catch the Reading Bug' theme for this summer's library shows - http://community.webshots.com/album/562974883DYiQjS I took the mental balloon prop and modified it and added a fun and interactive routine. The mental balloon prop is cool, but the style didn't suit me and there was no routine included. I am considering making a small run of these, as I did the sliding disc box. Let me know what you think. Thanks -

Bill
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Hello Bill,

I'd say it looks way cool and totally awesome. Nice work.

Best,

Tim
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Thanks, Tim. I just finished the prop a couple of hours ago, so I haven't had a chance to test drive it. I have been working on the routine for the last couple of weeks, and plan on trying it out at my next library show this weekend. I will post here after the show to let everyone know how it plays, but I am confident that it will go over quite well. For reference, here is a link to the original prop - http://www.murphysmagic.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6424/.f
Thanks again -

Bill
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Bill...WOW! I like that a lot. Great job. I'd be interested in learning more about this if you have a run of them!

Mark. Smile
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Mark - Thanks for the kind words. I'll let you know if I decide to make some. Have fun -

Bill
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Looks very nice!

Regan
Mister Mystery
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Thanks, Regan. I was just admiring your butterfly box - great wprk there. Any plans for your next project? There is something very rewarding about making your own props, especially if you can come up with some improvement in method or presentation. All the best -

Bill
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
You're welcome, Bill...and thank you too.

As far as building props go, I have no plans for the near future. I do have some things in mind, but they are going to have to be put on the back-burner for a while. I have a busy schedule of magic shows and music gigs coming up. I will be using 5 props I built in the magic shows, 3 of which I just finished up. Those included the Butterfly Box and 2 other props I needed for one particular routine. I have also been busy refinishing my old 1965 Fender Jaguar, so I have been busy in the shop this winter. I am ready to take a break for a little while.

Best of luck with your project!

Regan
Mister Mystery
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

How about some pictures of the guitar, for us guitar aficionados? I'd love to see it. Thanks -

Bill
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Nice prop! I hope you get the bugs worked out of it! It occurred to me that you could also build this as a Carnival type game, with a balloon pump and hose attached to each balloon. Then four kids could pump up the balloons until they burst... the last one left unbroken would be the prediction balloon. That might add some additional fun and excitement (and a lot of noise!). Well, maybe not for a library show.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Professor - Great idea! I will see if I can work it out - I would need fairly long hoses but the concept would make it play much larger. Thanks for the input and I'll let you know if I can get it to work -

Bill
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Quote:
On 2008-04-03 16:26, billfromoregon wrote:
How about some pictures of the guitar, for us guitar aficionados? I'd love to see it. Thanks -

Bill

Sure Bill. I will start a new post with some pics so I don't hi-jack yours. I guess it will be ok to do oit in the Workshop Forum.

Regan
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » New prop for library and educational shows (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL