The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Kimberly Wyatt (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Athena Johnson
View Profile
New user
Nashville, TN
23 Posts

Profile of Athena Johnson
I'm really excited about Kimberly Wyatt on Celebracadabra! She is my new hero! I want to be her when I grow up. Smile
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
You'll be seeing more magic from Kimberly and the Pussycat Dolls as well!

Stay tuned for more info!
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
clarissa35f
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of clarissa35f
I really like her, at first I thought that she would not do as well as she has. She has a stage presence and her performance is pretty good. I feel bad her Flag effect did not go as well.

But I think Hal is going to win. Personally I think he was an amateur magician before this. I don't know how he could learn a retention vanish good enough to impress among others Jeff McBride, unless he already knew how before the show even started. Or maybe I was slow learning my retention vanish. Then again he DID have pros teaching him. " And Over there Rocco is teaching Hal how to pull light bulbs out of his *$$" < C. Thomas Howell>
“Amateurs practice until they get it right.
Professionals practice until they can’t get it wrong.” <Anonymous>
"There is no such thing as magic, there is no other way that could have been done" <Whit Haydn>
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Reminder: The show moves to 10PM on VH1 tonight and we'll have interviews with both the coach and celebrity booted from the show posted for your listening pleasure in the morning.

cheers....
Dodd Vickers
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
For the Kimberly Wyatt fans out there, our interview with her is online. Watch the MTV Movie Awards to see some magic from all of the Pussycat Dolls.
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
clarissa35f
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of clarissa35f
I was a Little dissapointed by Kim's Arrogance during the last show. The whole.." No girl or woman had performed this way before... " I am cutting edge.. I am the Next magician"...

I mean seriously. She acts as though there WERE no female magicians before she joined Celebra Cadabra? I thought it a bit of an insult to women like Luna Shimada Autumn Morning Star, and Juliana Chen. Suddenly because she's on some VH-1 Magic show... no female had performed before ?

I did find it kind of Ironic, that she thought she knew so much she practically told Murray to *&(% off. Then her final effect fizzled. I would not wish that on anyone, but I do find it sort of Ironic.

How much of that was scripted? no clue. But I just think she should have been humbler. Curious is this something that happens once people attain celebrity status?

Then her parting shots at Murray were most unprofessional... I undserstand she believed it, but she did not have to admit it publicly.
“Amateurs practice until they get it right.
Professionals practice until they can’t get it wrong.” <Anonymous>
"There is no such thing as magic, there is no other way that could have been done" <Whit Haydn>
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Quote:
On 2008-05-23 10:54, clarissa35f wrote:
I was a Little dissapointed by Kim's Arrogance during the last show. The whole.." No girl or woman had performed this way before... " I am cutting edge.. I am the Next magician"...

I mean seriously. She acts as though there WERE no female magicians before she joined Celebra Cadabra? I thought it a bit of an insult to women like Luna Shimada Autumn Morning Star, and Juliana Chen. Suddenly because she's on some VH-1 Magic show... no female had performed before ?

No girl or woman has performed this way??? Uh...anyone remember Melinda - First Lady (of the evening) of Magic? That's what I compared Kimberly's performance to. I think it would have been better if she had produced a male assistant. I'm sorry, but with the outfit she was wearing and producing a female, I can't help but think a few of the guys in the audience were thinking about the "girl on girl" action. I'm just glad they opted for the dress for the assistant! She could have done without the gratuitous crotch shot at the beginning when she was on top of the box. I really hate it when I see a woman do that move. I think it is totally unnecessary! To me, it takes the act/routine from "sexy" to "skanky". Now, the leg action when she was on the chair...the splits/Chinese acrobat move (for lack of a better description)...was better. I think that's because she was trying to show flexibility, not other stuff. It was like "look what I can do" instead of "look what I got!"

While I didn't have issues with her outfit, I did agree with the comments that she blended into the background. I made the mistake of wearing a black velevet dress during one performance, and of coures, the black velvet backdrop made me look like a floating head and arms! I can also identify with having a prop not function properly during a performance. She did handle it well!

I would be interested to see what Gay Blackstone really thought of Kimberly's act!
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Athena Johnson
View Profile
New user
Nashville, TN
23 Posts

Profile of Athena Johnson
Hmmm... I just heard from a reliable source that Kimberly and Murray had a shomance going that fizzled before she was eliminated. That could explain a lot.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2008-05-24 10:53, Athena Johnson wrote:
Hmmm... I just heard from a reliable source that Kimberly and Murray had a shomance going that fizzled before she was eliminated. That could explain a lot.

John

Come on, gossip?
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1604 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
Sorry Tony, she's her own woman...
We'll catch ya on the Back of the Cereal Box!
Johnny
www.johnnybeyond.com
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
I thought she was a good performer.

Since when does Murray like girls?
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Moonmagick
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
30 Posts

Profile of Moonmagick
I am disappointed that most of the women were given easy self working effects while the men were given real sleights to perform. That always seems to happen in most cases. I myself was not too impressed with Kimberly's performances in any of the episodes, I don't think she has a personality and no showmanship! Sure she can dance and move sexy but that's what she's trained to do. Beauty helps but it takes more than that to constitute a great performance. The arrogant comments at the end about herself did have a sting to it for us pro ladies but remember that it's "reality TV" which is an oxy moron! It's all just an illusion isn't it? Right down to the comments.

Luna Shimada
Live on the edge of your dreams, balance on a thread, fall into the void, get out of your head.
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
We'll have another interview tomorrow with Kim to talk about her levitation on the MTV Movie Awards tonight.

As to Lisa Ann Walter, I have to say that I was very impressed by her genuine interest in magic during the interview with her that we recently posted. She put quite a bit of thought into her acts as the show progressed.
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
rediknight
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of rediknight
I know this is my first post but I thought some might be interested in the free live webcast we are doing tonight from Gary Darwin's Magic Club in Las Vegas. We are going to recap the season up until this point and speak with some of the local magician's on their thoughts about the show.

The cool thing is there is a live chat right in the player window where you can interact with the broadcast and converse with the Vegas magicians. The broadcast will run from 10PM PST/ 1AM EST to 1AM PST/4AM EST. Sorry but these are the hours Gary Darwin set for the magic club many years ago. If that is too late for you we will be offering On Demand Clips tomorrow for viewing at your convenience.

The Celebra Cadabra is just one topic for the night but there is a lot of spontaneity to the show and we will revisit the topic throughout the night as we encounter different magicians.

Visit the link in my signature to watch tonight or go there now to watch On Demand clips from last weeks broadcast.
Jeremy Espinosa
http://streetofcards.tv
illuzzionz
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of illuzzionz
What a great turn of events to now have Murray and Kim battleing against each other to win the competition! I LOVE IT!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Kimberly Wyatt (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL