The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Internet Marketing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
351 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
I’m just in the process of having my website updated and, once complete, want to make sure that I am attracting the maximum amount of traffic to the site. I’m also interested in sending out marketing emails to potential corporate clients.

Has anybody got any thoughts on the best source of advice – i.e. how to best utilize search engines (and maintain placement), whether to use sponsored links on search engines, how to design a marketing email, how to choose search keywords for the site etc. I’ve seen ads for Joe Vitale’s publications (which seem quite expensive). Has anybody had any experience of these, or anything similar?
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
Steve Hart
View Profile
Veteran user
Cocoa, FL
388 Posts

Profile of Steve Hart
D.J., You are asking the right questions.

What you are asking is very critical to make your site work for you.

I can not answer you in such a short amount of space and give you the details you need.

But, I do have several suggestions for you.

Email me privately and I will share with you my successes and what I have had to pay dearly for.

I am impressed that you are smart enough to ask.

Steve Hart
Cape Canaveral, FL USA
www.SteveHartSpeaks.com
www.magic2motivate.com
"Motivational Magicians are some of the highest paid magicians, find out why?"
grazza
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of grazza
I've personally found Google Ad words to be an excellent source of traffic at a very reasonable cost.

It can take a long time to get listed on the main listings of search engines. Using the Ad Words concept you can get placed striaght away right at the top.

Try and get as many reciprocal links to magic sites as possible as this will help your positioning on engines like Google.

Just a few thoughts...
nostromo
View Profile
New user
Pensacola, Fla
79 Posts

Profile of nostromo
Depends what your market is. I just did a site for a retail magic shop whose main clientel is tourists, so I "Googled" and
"Yahooed" for sites to advertise him. Like chamber of commerce, visitor bureaus, hotels, travel agents, shopping malls, attractions in his area.
totalpackage56
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of totalpackage56
DJ Also you should use a banner exchange program and buy ad space on top magic sites.
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
There is a good book out called something like, "Multiple Streams of Internet Income." It's an excellent book for marketing on the web.
Stuart Cumberland
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Stuart Cumberland
DJ,

Your original question was how to drive traffic to your website. My answer would be conditional on exactly who you are trying to attract.

Websites are amazing tools. But driving traffic CAN be unbelievably expensive! I've pretty much done it all. In 2000, I spent $12,000.00 USD on Internet advertising.

If you are local, you can generate incredible amounts of FREE traffic to your site. You can build a list of interested clients and market them a monthly newsletter for zero cost. THIS is probably the best way to go, generally speaking and without knowing your specific needs/requirements.

Finally, Joe Vitale's books are unreservedly fabulous. Really, really good. I HAVE bought books of his and not used his stuff, but I have never bought a book that would be considered "not good". They are fabulous. You can find him at http://www.mrfire.com

Best of luck!

Cheers

Blair

FREE Newsletter reveals inside money-making secrets of successful
mentalists & psychics! www.Mental-List.com
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
Forgive me for reviving an old thread. I just invested a small fortune in Dr. Joe Vitale's products, and was doing a search.

I just want to mention that Steve is a wealth of knowledge. He is also very generous with said knowledge. I only wish I had taken advantage of it when I had the chance.
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Just for the fun of knowing, Joe Vitale is also a magician/mentalist and an avid collector of P.T. Barnum material.

His book, "There's a Customer Born Every Minute" and his "Power of Outrageous Marketing" Audio book are excellent.

Thanks,
Richard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Internet Marketing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL