The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » New C/S Coin Download (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Sorry for the double post. Anyway, can someone confirm you only need one copper/silver coin for all the routines. I will probably get this when the DVD is released, which is a day before my birthday! Who doesn't love bonuses and extra content? But I ordered a copper silver coin from Schoolcraft for a routine of mine, and I will not pay another $65 for another coin!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Hey, magicman! All of the routines on the dvd require one C/S coin only. There is one (brilliant!) routine by Dave on the dvd which requires a C/S coin and a half dollar sh*** Other than that all you need is one C/S coin, some regular half dollars and a couple of English Pennies. Playing cards, business cards and small stickers are also used in some of the effects.

Hope that helps!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Cool! I will probably get this when it comes to DVD. I got to find some King George Pennies, because that's what my C/S coin uses. I hope they're not rare...
Brother Dæmonicus
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Brother Dæmonicus
Quote:
On 2008-07-04 12:13, magicman4646 wrote:
Does anyone actually own this and care to write a review?

Happy to help! Smile

REVIEW - Attack of The Copper Silver Coin

Available from: http://full52.com/aotcsc.html

The Effect

The faithful Copper/Silver Coin – a gaff so ancient that no effort is made to disguise what it is in its title!

Chances are, if you’ve ever been remotely interested in Coin Magic at some point, you’ll have at least one of these lurking at the bottom of your magic drawer, which probably hasn’t seen the light of day in years (if not decades!).

Well, all of that may very well be about to change with the forthcoming release of ‘Attack Of The Copper Silver Coin’ – a brand new DVD from Dave Forrest’s Full 52 stable.

Containing no less than ten full, knock-‘em dead Copper/Silver Routines, presented by both Dave and Cameron Francis, I can guarantee that there will be at least 3 or 4 routines here which will get you drooling!

Effectively being (as Dave quite rightly puts it) the double-baked card of the coin magic genre, you’ll soon be looking at your old Copper/Silver coin in a brand new light.

Without further ado then, here’s a run down of the contents:

Introduction:

Dave & Cameron discuss the background of the Copper Silver Project, and the history of the Copper/Silver Coin.

Effects

1) Where Eagles Dare

A Silver Coin is displayed and is signed on one side by the Magician and the other side by the spectator.

Two Copper coins are then displayed, and the signed Silver is placed openly in-between them. With a simple shake of the hand, the marked silver coin vanishes instantly and is removed from the Magician’s pocket.

What a strong, strong opening effect – this is simple, visual...and seemingly impossible with all of the coins being handled so openly and fairly.

Surprisingly, the effect is also incredibly simple to perform, too – a definite keeper!

2) Opposites Attract

A very nice, three-phase routine with both Copper and Silver coins being signed to preclude any jiggery-pokery:

The signed Copper is placed into the Magi’s pocket and instantly jumps back to join its Silver buddy in the Magician’s hand.

One coin is then held in each hand with the Copper again jumping to join the Silver.

Finally, the Spectator covers his signed Copper coin with his own hand, and the Silver Coin jumps from the Magi’s hand...

On lifting his hand, though, our poor, bewildered Spec finds only his Copper coin...until this is turned over to show that the Silver Coin has ‘fused’ itself to the reverse side – one side still bears the Spec’s initials, whilst the other bears the Magi’s!

3) Double Transit

Copper and Silver Coins are displayed along with a deck of cards, which are cut by the Spectator.

One coin is signed by the Spec with the other being signed by the Magi. The cut-to card is also signed by the Spectator.

The Spec’s coin is now fairly-covered with their signed card, whilst the Magi’s signed coin is covered with an indifferent card.

In an instant (and yes, I do MEAN an instant – think split-second here!), both sets of coins and cards change places – make no mistake, this is simply jaw-dropping stuff!

4) Spectator’s Choice

A Silver and Copper coin are displayed and are fairly held, one in each of the Magi’s hands.

The Spectator is asked to name which coin should vanish...and the named coin instantly jumps from the Magi’s hand to his pocket.

The Magi then squeezes the remaining coin, which instantly changes places with the coin in his pocket.

Again (see a pattern forming here, guys), this is an incredibly snappy, visual effect, and so practical that it’s going to find it’s way into a great many folks’ routines before very long.

5) Simple Alchemy
Now this is simply a killer routine, purely due to it’s sheer visual nature.

Three Copper Pennies are displayed by the Magi, who patters about the age-old secrets of alchemy and the transmutation of base metals.

...Without warning, all three coins instantly change to Silver Half-Dollars!

One of these immediately reverts back to its Copper form and is pocketed, followed by a second. Finally, the third Silver coin is merely ‘wiped’ by the Magi’s thumb and visually reverts to Copper, right in front of the Spec’s eyes!

The three Copper coins are retrieved from the Magician’s pocket, instantly change back to all being Silver...and then, in a heart-beat...ALL VANISH ENTIRELY!!

This is a real Wham! Bam! of an effect and, by the end of the presentation, it was all I could do not to give some kind of really embarrassing, solo standing ovation.

Suffice to say, I really liked this one!

6) Metal Sink

Okay – this is SIMPLY NOT FAIR NOW!!

The hard-hitters keep on coming, and by now, I have to admit that I’m getting pretty breathless with so much between-the-eyes stimuli (the men in white coats are on serious stand-by!).

A deck of cards is introduced, and a card is chosen by each of two Specs. The chosen cards are returned to the deck, and the Magi then displays a Copper coin and a Silver coin.

The Silver coin is given a shake and invisibly sinks through the Deck, locating the first Spec’s card. The coin and card are laid to one side.

Next, the Copper coin also vanishes, in a similar fashion, but cannot be found in the deck. Finally, the Copper Coin is located...underneath the previously-found first card...which has now changed to the second-selected card – there’s now no sign of the first card or the Silver coin!!

In a real kicker ending, the first card and Silver coin are finally found UNDERNEATH THE CELLOPHANE OF THE CARD CASE...which has been in full view throughout the duration of the effect!!

7) Metal Sink Too

In fairness, this is a lesser variation of the above-effect and proceeds in the same way, but omitting the transposition of the coin and card with the second card being located immediately underneath the cellophane.

If you don’t want to get the (fairly simple) handling down to pull off the ‘original’ version, then this is a viable alternative...although it is lacking the major punch-in-the-face gorgeousness of the better version.

8 )Money Business

A very nice three-phase sympathetic coins routine with the two usual coins and two business cards marked ‘C’ and ‘S’.

The cards are placed face-down with their respective coins, which are then swapped. The cards are now turned face-up to show that they too have changed places.

Next, the Silver coin is placed under the ‘Copper’ card, and the Copper coin underneath the ‘Silver card’. In an instant, both cards are flipped over to show that the coins have switched places!

Finally, the Copper coin and card are placed in the Magi’s pocket, whilst the Silvers are held in his hand. A quick shake, and both sets immediately transpose for a killer ending!

9) Heavy Mental

Whoa!! What? A mentalism routine with the old Copper/Silver coin?

[Churchill Dog] Oh, Yes!! [/Churchill Dog] (Please note – that’s a very British pun – apologies to overseas readers!)

The Magician displays a pack of business cards, explaining that they contain a prediction.

Next, he removes a selection of coins, which he secretes under his hand on the table.

He explains that he is hiding a Half-Dollar, Old English Penny, and a Chinese Coin. The spec is asked to visualise each of the coins in vivid detail, and then to settle on just one of his choices.

The Magi then turns over his prediction card, which is totally accurate, and turns the hand hiding the coins to show only one remaining...the Spec's!!

10) Up For The Cup (AKA ‘The Estate Agent Trick’)

Three Silver coins and an empty cup are displayed with the Magi explaining that the aim of the effect is to get each coin to travel to the cup...invisibly!

He squeezes the three Silver coins, and one is heard (in glorious surround-sound) to land directly in the cup!

This is done again – even more cleanly, if possible – and once more, all three coins landing in the cup.

On tipping the cup out, all three coins are now seen to have changed to Copper!

These are pocketed, and the Magi explains that he’ll now try to retrieve the silver-essence...promptly pulling three Silver coins from the empty cup!

Cost

DVD only: £14.99 + postage
DVD Plus Instant Download: £20.00

DVD Release Date (Download Available now): Mid August

Difficulty
(1=easy to do, 2=No sleights, but not so easy, 3=Some sleights used,
4=Advanced sleights used, 5=Suitable for experienced magicians only)

Between 2 and 3; absolutely nothing that should phase anybody with a modicum of coinability.

Review

For the paltry price that’s being asked for what I would consider to be a fairly essential DVD for any coin Magician, this collection is, without a doubt, pure bloody gold (or should that be Copper/Silver?)!!

Whilst I’m not too keen on any effect that involves coins with signed stickers on them (and there’s a few in this DVD), even I found myself surprised at how much extra impact is added with these.

Along with Dave and Cameron’s trademarked self-depreciating humour, the actual instructional sections are very clear, concise, and perfectly-paced.

The few basic coin sleights used here are comprehensively demonstrated and credited to their developers, and everything’s kept to a simple sleight/killer effect ratio perfectly.

The only poor routine here was the ‘Metal Sink Too’ variant, which added nothing to its far superior brother.

On the whole, though, this DVD is a right little stunner and will almost certainly add immediate extra impact to any existing coin routines that you use.

Two words: Get it!

Overall

9.5/10
Brother Dæmonicus is expecting you...
<BR>
<BR>www.daemonic-dreams.co.uk
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Well done, Rob! Very thorough. Thanks!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Yes, thank you very much! Smile
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Nice stuff, Cam. Smile

I also think the C/S coin is underrated...It can be very powerful. Smile I use it in a simple way in my "Short Pockets" offering (somewhere Smile ) and it kills in the way I use it in conjunction with my work. Seems like you guys just went crazy with it and came up with some good takes. Much success on it. -Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Hey, thanks, man! Yeah, we did kind of go crazy with it! Smile I think we came up with some cool stuff. Thanks for the support. Means a lot.
amerigo
View Profile
Veteran user
Can't believe I only have
318 Posts

Profile of amerigo
Holy ****.
Magic is Everywhere
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

I have recently been informed that the DVDs are coming very soon!
Airave
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
137 Posts

Profile of Airave
I've got a couple of C/Ss laying around that could use some action. Tempting- some nice looking routines!

Glad to see this is Mac compatible... Smile
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

The DVD contains one bonus routine, as well as an intro and some funny outtakes during the credits. Smile
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

HI! The dvd is out! Should be in shops any day now.
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Hey folks,

The DVD is now avaiable -if you buy the DVD you'll also get the download completely FREE of charge! Not a bad deal!

Click the link in my signature for more info!

Dave.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
I am amazed at how much the word in question has struck up so much conversation here!

It reminds me of the time when Madonna was in the news for (I don't want to say; I am too new here...). She did this at her concerts and the media was ALL over it bigtime. Well, that's what she wanted!!! Attention.

I am NOT by any means saying this was your intent Dave. Just came to mind. I love the looks of the DVD/Downloads, etc. Being in video production professionally myself; I am very impressed! Great job!

I wasn't offended and don't see a problem with it at all. I also see where those who don't like it could be offended or not like it. That's what I love about the good ole USA! We can and do voice/act on our opinions!

BTW: What is the "Special" link to? I tried and was denied access. I am guessing it's to the "Secret' section which I have a LONG way to go for access...
Thanks!
Mike
Airave
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
137 Posts

Profile of Airave
The DVD is very entertaining with some really cool tricks
using just a couple of basic/easy slights, the C/S and a couple
of regular C's and S's. Recommended! You can tell how much fun
they had making this! Smile
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Hey guys, no need to worry, but when I went onto Full52, Avast, my virus program, detected a virus. Just a word of caution.

And mikenewman, you need 50 posts to get into the Secret sections.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » New C/S Coin Download (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL