The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Does anybody know who said this quote? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bonz
View Profile
Regular user
Twickenham, London, UK
168 Posts

Profile of Bonz
Last night I was invited to perform at the 50th wedding anniversary of Dr Hans Rausing (a very rich chap!), and it was probably one of the most memorable nights of my life. They had spent well over £1m on the event.

After I had done my bit, I ended up standing amongst hundreds of millionaires, watching the single most spectacular fireworks display I had ever seen, perfectly synchronised to Ride of the Valkyries, I had goose pimples all over. I was sipping champagne, eating caviar and was thinking of all the times my mum used to say “get a proper job!”

This moment reminded me of one of my favourite quotes that I heard many years ago but can’t remember where. It goes something like:

“Working as a magician, you’ll never make a million dollars ….but you’ll live like a millionaire and make a million friends!”

I love that quote and I believe it’s true, I often bring it up in small talk with the host after a function, emphasising the ‘million friends’ part, that makes them feel warm and fuzzy, and helps implant a good image of my performance in their mind.

Problem is; I can’t for the life of me remember who said it, or even if that’s exactly how it goes. I’ve tried Googling it, but to no avail.

Does anybody know who said it or the exact quote if it’s not right?

Dave
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Marvyn Roy.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Bonz
View Profile
Regular user
Twickenham, London, UK
168 Posts

Profile of Bonz
Thanks Jerskin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Does anybody know who said this quote? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL