The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » A Written Elevator Pitch (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Entertainment can indeed be a solution. So yes that is wrong.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2018, Brainbu$ter wrote:

For example, I might be persuaded by an advertisement that promises to increase my bookings.
This is providing a solution to my "problem of too-few-bookings."

This is a big part of the problem, especially here in the magic community. You are correct you (and many magicians) would likely be persuaded by an advertisement that promises to increase bookings. However, rarely is it the reality as to what they really need.

In reality, if you are looking to increase bookings, more than likely there are many other elements at work other than a simple solution of getting more bookings. This is a huge problem with almost every magic marketing course I have ever seen. At best they offer methods and techniques bit miss the greater picture.

The problem in the majority of the times is the performer thinks they need one thing (more bookings or the promise of more bookings) but in reality, the problem or issue is often something else. Something else that needs to happen or occur first, that is preventing more bookings.

This is why more or better marketing rarely works without these other things identified, addressed and corrected first.

As I often have said, I could literally go to any performer in any location in the country and get them 12 new bookings within a week or so. The problem is they would do those 12 bookings and guess what? They would be back to needing more bookings as exactly where they were before I helped them get those bookings. It is not about the bookings or lack of as many magicians seem to think. Marketers know and realize this is what you think and believe and of course use the lure as you mentioned in the advertisements. While some may increase bookings most still won't because they aren't identifying and addressing the actual problem.

When I hear a performer say they have a lack of bookings or "need more bookings" I know almost immediately there is much more at play there than they realize.

There are so many misconceptions and lack of true understanding when many speak of Elevator Pitches, USPs and other elements of positioning, branding, selling and marketability.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » A Written Elevator Pitch (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL