The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Periods & styles of Magic » » Housewife (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mrswilson
View Profile
New user
Kaiserslautern, Germany
23 Posts

Profile of mrswilson
Hi!
I'm not shure if this is the right forum (there are so many groups here), but I'll try this one.
I would like to do some tricks for "housewives". I thought of things like:
- coins: catching many coins from the air into a purse. followed by
- dynamic coins: I need money and get it magically from my hubby Smile
- cleaning handkerchiefs (sp?) -> color changing silk
- making dinner with cups and "balls" (with olives, maybe cheese cubes or little tomatoes, some fruit or even meat balls as final loading)
- linking rings: I would tell a story on how to keep four kids together when going to the playground. There's always one who runs away, but then they all stick together again etc.)

What ideas do you have? A nice story for a card routine maybe? I'm curious Smile

...Nicole
Anything is good and useful if it's made of chocolate!
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
If the theme is housework, then Scrub-A-Dub might be a good effect. It involves magically washing stains from clothes. The best one I have seen is sold by Dan Tong on the Magic by Pauline website he runs with his wife.

Mark
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
facebook.com/robbietheringmaster
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
I used to do a comic routine with a dove pan and a rubber chicken. I don't know how well known Kentucky Fried Chicken and Col. Sanders is in Germany. Basically it was a recepie routine, I said I had received it from a southern looking gentleman with a white goatee and white hair. I added the secret 11 herbs and spices (confetti + a liberal dose of lighter fluid). Then read the recepie card as "set on fire at 450 degrees" and set it all on fire. Then I would notice that the recepie actually said "set on the fire at 450 degrees". I would then panic, cover the pan with the lid, let the smoke clear a second, then open the pan to pull out the rubber chicken and say "finger licking good" , don't know how it would play today or in Germany, but such a cooking routine with a dovepan could be played for a good laugh.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Professor's Nightmare might be used to tell of how some kids you know grew at different rates.

Slush Powder might be of some use.

Tired of you husband or boyfriend constantly reading the sports page of the news? Newspaper Tear?

Egg Vase?

The Peanut Butter and Jelly Illusion?
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Early Tommy Wonder (Jos Bema) lecture notes, or small booklet had a really cool chop cup-type routine with a can of meatballs.

Soft Soap is a good routine with a "cleaning" theme. This may be the same as "Scrub-A-Dub" that Mark mentioned.

Many different household cleaning products come in bottles that could easily be produce by most any known bottle production.

Many different types of food boxes can be used to make things like Windsor's Popcorn Dye Box (not Die Box).

If you want to produce money, there are a few available routines for changing handfuls of newspaper clippings into bills. Another idea is Jahn Gallo's "Osaka Bills" routine... basically a huge barehand production of many bills one at a time, and not too hard to do.

A prop as simple as a square circle, or a drawer box can be used to produce any number of different household items. Food cans can be made to nest, and great for quantity production. Similarly, these items can be vanished, too.

There are a number of things that can be done with silverware, glasses, napkins, and other dinner table accessories.

Salt pour.

I'm not sure what products you have available in Germany, but here inthe US, I made myself a nice Passe-passe effect from empty plastic Ovaltine jars (chocolate drink powder), and appropriately sized glasses. The covers were made from 4" PVC pipe. (If you need more detail, PM me so methods won't be tipped on open forum).

For a long time, I did a Benson Bowl routine using a rubber hamburger (dog toy) as a final load.

You might be able to levitate a broom or mop.

Dante's Lazy Magician, as now performed by John Calvert could easily be seen as laundry hanging on a clothes line.

Remove your wedding ring in order to wash the dishes, only to find the ring attached to the stem of a wine glass.

Production bouquets could come from a loving husband.

Levitate a rosebud in a vase.

Kids' toys (stuffed animals, balls, jumpropes, etc.) left laying around can be used for many different things.

"Pizza To Go" by Axtell.

Owen Magic Supreme makes some incredible rubber production items, including some fruit.

Candles are nice accesories that ladies like in their homes. There are some good tricks available with candles.

Do you need more?
~michael baker
The Magic Company
mrswilson
View Profile
New user
Kaiserslautern, Germany
23 Posts

Profile of mrswilson
Thank you so much! Very good ideas! I have a lot to do now Smile
Cheers,

...Nicole
Anything is good and useful if it's made of chocolate!
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
Just can't resist the title.. LOL
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
One of Michael's ideas sparked something for me. Most grocery stores (Publix here has them) has the new cloth grocery bags you can buy from the store for $1.00; you just keep bringing them back and reusing them and it saves on the plastic bags. As I'm reading through some of the previous suggestions, I was reminded of some situations that Samanthat got into on "Bewitched" where she'd be making dinner in the kitchen and had to use magic to make dinner. I had the following idea from that.

You have a stack of money and a couple of empty grocery bags; you're leaving to go grocery shopping. With some acting you could get across the idea that you're planning a nice, romantic dinner with your husband. You notice the phone-recorder has a message and it appears to be from your husband; he says that he's going to be home early which doesn't leave you time to go grocery shopping. Since you now don't have time to go buy groceries, you open the grocery bags and set them on a table.

- The money changes into receipts (Extreme Burn)
- You begin pulling groceries from the 'empty' bags.
- You take off the sweater you have on and as you turn it around it changes into an apron which you now tie on your waist.
- Using pans and different devices, produce foods of different types. You could use the 'Shower of Sweets' method to produce fruit for a bowl.
- For the final piece, you could produce a turkey in a large bowl via the Axtell production turkey.
- Produce a couple of candles (Fantasio's) and try to light them with a lighter, but it doesn't work. Change the lighter into a matchbox (Tommy Wonder's method) and light the candles as your husband walks in.

As I was envisioning this, I saw it as something for a 'stage act to music'. Not sure if that fits what you had in mind, but thought the ideas might spark something for you.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Periods & styles of Magic » » Housewife (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL