The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Stage routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

IlDaDe
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of IlDaDe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpbJONm0T4A

I really would like to change my suit and the music...

especially the suit should be more modern and suitable.

advices?

Thanks,

Luca

ps: sorry for the english Smile
TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
I liked it, I really liked the card to ball off you knee.
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
Very Nice.... Nothing wrong with the suit or the music. Everything flowed together well, You Packed a lot of magic into a 5 min routine. Nicely done
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
IlDaDe
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of IlDaDe
Quote:
On 2008-12-14 10:36, TOTALLY MAGIC wrote:
I liked it, I really liked the card to ball off you knee.

I like it too, it isn't so hard to do, just a few time of practice but the visual change is very cool Smile

Quote:
On 2008-12-14 11:09, MagicB1S wrote:
Very Nice.... Nothing wrong with the suit or the music. Everything flowed together well, You Packed a lot of magic into a 5 min routine. Nicely done

The problem is: Don't you think that a suit like that is too much for a 16 years old boy?

Thanks!

Luca
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
First of all I enjoyed it. Great job!

My only suggestion for the suit is to add a little color. Have a colored shirt underneath so you'll have some color at the neck and the cuffs of tour sleeves.

Sorry I can't help with the music because I'm deaf but I will say this. When I watch manipulation acts I can usually get a feel for the music by watching the performer. For example I can usually tell just by their actions if the music is slow or upbeat music. You're actions really didn't tell me what kind of music is playing. I don't know if what I'm saying is making any sense to all of you but maybe it means something. I'm pretty sure actions should match the music.

So, if you are using upbeat music I suggest you move a little more upbeat. Pump yourself up before the show and get yourself excited. If you're using slow music then I suggest you slow your actions down to match the mood the music creates.

Take all this with a grain of salt. It's just what came to mind as I was watching. You did a great job though. Be proud. Much better then me at that age.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
IlDaDe
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of IlDaDe
You're right Ron,

I've noticed that if I change the music, I go slower or faster...but I haven't found any music that is good for me...

I use this music because has a nice climax when I split the dove.

Thank you very much

Luca
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
Luca,

I think you should trust your instinct about the suit. It may be the tails that bother you, or feel "too much." Some may disagree, but these days, there's nothing unprofessional about dressing sharp, but a bit more casual. Especially dress your age so you look like you "own" your character and your act, and aren't trying to be something your not.

Take a look at Justin Kredible and Mike Super on youtube to see how some contemporary magicians are dressing these days. Especially Justin Kredible. See if it stimulates your own sense of yourself.

Very nice act.
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Nice job!
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Great show. Keep up the good work.
IlDaDe
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of IlDaDe
Do you know any song that has a nice "boom" at the 30th - 40th second?

thanks!
IlDaDe
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of IlDaDe
Here it is, the act with some little things different..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0MWtgeVfRo

plus a promo Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM4EDmwk580

See you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Stage routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL