The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » ANTINOMY - Perception & Deception » » UPDATE- the final Issues of ANTINOMY (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

Profile of Denis Bastible
BSL: Every now and then the publisher will post something that indicates that the "next" issue will be out shortly. In April 2009, it was supposed to be out in approximately a month. In December, 2009 it was to be out by the end of the year. His last post, if I am not mistaken, was the "fantastic" news that you could still subscribe and that issue 15 should be out "soon". Isn't that great news??
Cardguy52
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Cardguy52
An update from Gene as posted on the Antinomy website.

The Future of Antinomy

Issues 15 and 16 will be the final issues of ANTINOMY

First, my apologies for the long delay since Issue 14. The reasons for the scheduled demise of ANTINOMY have only gotten worse since then. It's all about the time and the money. If there were more of both, ANTINOMY would continue indefinitely. Throughout the time since the last issue, I made statements at various times indicating Issue 15 would be out very soon. I made these statments on Forums and in emails. It wasn't my intent to mislead anyone with those answers. But I was personally having trouble admitting that things have changed. The reality of ANTINOMY for most of its existence has been that I would be able to complete issues fairly quickly once the material was gathered. Then, it was just a question of going to print and mailing the issues. But that printing and mailing assumed there was money in the ANTINOMY coffers to make that happen.

At this point, those coffers don't contain enough to make that happen.

That means the "losing money" part of ANTINOMY has finally caught up with me. Part of my statements about Issue 15 being out soon relied on the assumption that enough money would come in to make that happen. It hasn't happened. Still, I'm not that far from having enough to do it. I can only assure you that Issue 15 will go to print when the funds are available. I will take it one issue at a time. Once Issue 15 is out, I will attempt to generate the funds to make Issue 16 happen. With the long delay between issues, ANTINOMY sales are, understandably, down. So it's a "Catch 22" sitatution - I need the Issue to come out to generate revenue, but I need revenue to get the issue out.

This is the reality of the situation. For any subscriber who would prefer a pro-rated refund of the subscription instead of waiting for the final issues, please contact me at editor@antinomymagic.com.

Let me conclude by thanking all ANTINOMY subscribers for their patience during this wait.
Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

Where is my magazine?????
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2010-12-10 22:38, denisb wrote:
Where is my magazine?????

"For any subscriber who would prefer a pro-rated refund of the subscription instead of waiting for the final issues, please contact me at editor@antinomymagic.com."
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
692 Posts

Profile of Gordon
I suggest a clearance sale on any old stock to make up the money you need to finish out your obligations. Subscribers paid for the issues up-front, and now you're hoping for new subscribers? That's just increasingly unlikely as people now realize the publication is not only coming to end, it has effectively died already.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Still wishing and hoping.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

I have been sleeping for three years.....Did I miss Issue 16?
drdanny_orig
View Profile
New user
Sunnyvale CA
1 Post

Profile of drdanny_orig
Me too.... was 16 ever issued? and if it is, where there also be an annual??
D
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
How is it coming? Smile That is why I don't susscribe to magazines, I order from shops once they come in. I got all of these wasn't there supposed to be 2 more or so?
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
"Perception and deception" at its best. Smile
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1405 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Never happened.
And why I never subscribe.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » ANTINOMY - Perception & Deception » » UPDATE- the final Issues of ANTINOMY (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL