The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » GGG - Post your highlights (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Oh man, a session with Jack and Vinny is one I'd definitely wanna sit in on!

Jack,

Glad you made it home safe and I hope to see you again down the road somewhere, sometime (sooner than later)! My memory is terrible and I'd sure like some more tutelage on some of the shift and switch work you showed me!
BTW, I'm diggin the hell out of your Center Deal!

Mike
Jack Carpenter
View Profile
V.I.P.
160 Posts

Profile of Jack Carpenter
Thanks all you guys- I really had a good time down there and am looking forward to attending next year. Seeing Norm Beck's work, Barry Fernelius' and getting creamed by Chris Brown were highlights for me. Talk about switches and changes, Mr. Brown has got some killer handlings and ideas. And thanks Carlo, for all the more than kind words.

Mike,

Glad you're enjoying the Center Deal. Pretty good scam eh? I'd love to go over anything you want Mike, and the next time a horse gets a toothache in the Seattle area, don't forget to look me up! (All you guys!)

-Jack
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I'm currently at another convention (yay!) but I've been doing the following things I learned at GGG:

1. Pixel by David Jade, and produced (produced?) by Dan and Dave Buck. I can say, with all honesty, that this thing KILLS. So far I've used it for every layperson, and it can produce gasps and screams. Get it at dananddave.com

2. Jack Carpenter's center deal. I'm not anywhere near as good as Jack but this effect is so well designed that it makes even me look good! I've shown it around the convention and get this- some people here think I deal centers as well as my current roommate, Jason England (who might do the best center in the world)! So, it looks legitimate.

Some highlites, though I'll post more later, was

a) Meeting new people (Micky, Alan, etc).
b) Seeing old friends (Kent, Dorian, etc).
3) Hanging out with Dan and Dave Buck, Ricky Smith, Theron Schuab, Chris "This an That" Brown, Spencer Peterson, Jay Jahamaramanamanam, Mike Feldman, Jess Fineberg, and the rest of you losers!
4) All the lecturers, especially the guys who took the time to hang out with the attendees. Highlite for me: JC Wagner and Jack Carpenter. Word to the wise- Jack is the greatest human being ever, and I love his magic so so much.
5. The Warf, the Museum, The Miro Exhibit, The Cherrys, the Yoda, The Clams, Dinner with Ricky's Family, floating in the glorified-tub, Jon B.'s place Superman's cape, The Cupcake fight, remembering what it was like to be 'tarded, the beer debacle, Pixel Pixel Pixel- it couldn't be stopped-, SS Patrol front-desk woman, The Theron and Ben (or, Theron and Theron) jam session.

And more!

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Quote:
On 2009-06-18 23:11, kcg5 wrote:
I want to know about the youell method of opening a pack....
Check with Gaddy, he had front row seat.
Chris Brown
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Chris Brown
Quote:
On 2009-06-21 11:00, Ben Train wrote:
I'm currently at another convention (yay!) but I've been doing the following things I learned at GGG:

1. Pixel by David Jade, and produced (produced?) by Dan and Dave Buck. I can say, with all honesty, that this thing KILLS. So far I've used it for every layperson, and it can produce gasps and screams. Get it at dananddave.com

2. Jack Carpenter's center deal. I'm not anywhere near as good as Jack but this effect is so well designed that it makes even me look good! I've shown it around the convention and get this- some people here think I deal centers as well as my current roommate, Jason England (who might do the best center in the world)! So, it looks legitimate.

Some highlites, though I'll post more later, was

a) Meeting new people (Micky, Alan, etc).
b) Seeing old friends (Kent, Dorian, etc).
3) Hanging out with Dan and Dave Buck, Ricky Smith, Theron Schuab, Chris "This an That" Brown, Spencer Peterson, Jay Jahamaramanamanam, Mike Feldman, Jess Fineberg, and the rest of you losers!
4) All the lecturers, especially the guys who took the time to hang out with the attendees. Highlite for me: JC Wagner and Jack Carpenter. Word to the wise- Jack is the greatest human being ever, and I love his magic so so much.
5. The Warf, the Museum, The Miro Exhibit, The Cherrys, the Yoda, The Clams, Dinner with Ricky's Family, floating in the glorified-tub, Jon B.'s place Superman's cape, The Cupcake fight, remembering what it was like to be 'tarded, the beer debacle, Pixel Pixel Pixel- it couldn't be stopped-, SS Patrol front-desk woman, The Theron and Ben (or, Theron and Theron) jam session.

And more!

Ben

hahahaha! You just summed up the whole experience there at the end. "Jay Jahamaramanamanam", I laughed at that one.

Dave climbs the stop light....Ricky looks up and says...."I remember when I was retarded". Ben, you're a silly man. I love your soul.

Jack, just being able to show you things and meeting you was a highlight for me. Thank you for the kind words, it will act as fuel for me. It was an inspiration to watch you work.

persist.
Chris Brown
Buy Venus Trap here -
http://store.dananddave.com/venus-trap-chris-brown.html

Buy Orbit Control here -
http://store.dananddave.com/orbit-control-chris-brown.html

myspace.com/orbitbrown
youtube.com/orbitbrown
twitter.com/o
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » GGG - Post your highlights (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL