The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » ANTINOMY - Perception & Deception » » Antimony Monte? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

Profile of Denis Bastible
In the middle of 2008, I subscribed to Antimony after learning about it from Jamie Swiss' website.

By this time, it seems that Mr. Taylor should have known, or knew, that he would be closing up shop.

Despite what he knew , or should have known, Mr. Taylor took my money.

Some months after my credit card was charged, I was fortunate to receive "Issue 13". This tomb had been released months before. This was fine with me.

Issue 14, which I did not receive until early this year, was sent to me with printing nightmares. Most of the contributions, including that of Mr. Swiss, were cut off. Multiple pages contained reprints of pages I had already read. For me, it was worthless.

At this point, it was impossible to get through to Mr. Taylor on the Antimony website. It was effectively closed. Jamie Swiss' website still directed browsers to the Antimony website by both a direct link and a reference of his contributions to the magazine.

In January of 2009, I asked on this Forum whether anyone had information as to when Issue 15 might be expected to arrive. Mr Taylor responded on January 19, 2009. He responded that he had been overly ambitious and that he had every intention of finishing out his obligations. There were assurances of some sort of disc on top of the journal that he was obligated to deliver.

I accepted this assurance at that time. I also learned that Gene Taylor had many friends in the magic community.

To date, I, and presumably you, have received NOTHING.

As a lawyer, I could not reasonably explain this kind of result to my clients.

I have yet to see Jamie Swiss write a word about this total failure to deliver on promises. He was a contributor to this debacle.

I would not waste my time if I had joined in the infancy. I am angry that I was taken when Mr. Taylor knew, or should have known, that his project would fail.
antinomy
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of antinomy
The printing problems regarding issue 14 were out of my control and I posted information regarding this on the home page of the antinomy website. I have sent replacement issues to those who contacted me. I don't know how many bad copies were sent out, but the vast majority of copies were assembled correctly.

Contact me at editor@antinomymagic.com for a replacement copy.

The website, while static, is not "dead."

I posted more information on the situation regarding Issue 15 and Issue 16 on this site on April 5th here http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=228&2

That post decribed the fine balance between delivery and financing the remaining obligation.

I fully expect Issue 15 to go to print within the next few weeks. I further expect Issue 16 to be delivered later this year. If you are unwilling to wait for these issues, you can contact me at editor@antinomymagic.com for a pro-rated refund of the issues you haven't received.

Gene
Gene Taylor
editor & publisher
Antinomy
http://www.antinomymagic.com
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I eagerly await issue 15 and 16 however long it may take. I will be paitent.
"All good things to those who waits".
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
antinomy
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of antinomy
And also let me comment that Jamy Ian Swiss writes columns for Antinomy and is not involved beyond that. All delays in delivery are solely my responsibility. Jamy (and Jon Racherbaumer too) only deserve credit for their timely delivery of their columns to me.

Gene
Gene Taylor
editor & publisher
Antinomy
Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

As the year comes to a close in a couple of weeks, any update?
antinomy
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of antinomy
See my comment in the "UPDATE- the final Issues of ANTINOMY" thread.
Gene Taylor
editor & publisher
Antinomy
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Long on excuses, where is now?
This why I am reluctant to subscribe to magazines.
Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

I’ve been “waiting “ 10 years.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5474 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Why not celebrate the shooting star that this magazine was?
I miss the final issue, too, but received so much more than what I paid for along the way.

I certainly can't say that for a number of other subscriptions that failed to deliver (they know who they are).

R.I.P., Antinomy... and thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » ANTINOMY - Perception & Deception » » Antimony Monte? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL