The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Crystal Casket (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Maybe it was just watching Mark Wilson so much growing up but I always lusted after that JG Crystal Casket. I loved the simplicity of his design and everything about it... plus the fact that I just loved the effect because I liked whipping cloths off stuff! Speaking of that and Asrahs, it was always said that no one could whip an asrah cloth off like Chuck "Kirk" Kirkham. There's just something about that old school flair that I have always loved.
Ray Pierce
David_N
View Profile
New user
Lancashire, England
93 Posts

Profile of David_N
For those wishing to build their own Crystal Casket probably the most comprehensive guide is produced by Gerry Frenette on his 'Build your own Illusions' DVD set; he spends the better part of an hour detailing every phase of it's construction step by step. Also included is a data disc allowing you to print out basic workshop plans to accompany the tutorials.
Perero
View Profile
New user
Skellefteå/Sweden
51 Posts

Profile of Perero
I have written a e-book about illusionbase building in english called UltiBase and wonder if there are any builders out there who can help me to proofread the book?? its only 16 pages so it's not a heavy job to do.
And have a fast look at the buildingplans to see if I have missed something.
I would be very grateful and you end up with a great book (i hope) Smile
(i have done buldingplans for crystal cage, phantom cargo, spiker an many more, I have been working with cad and illusions the last 20 years)

Click here to view attached image.
No the only Magician in Sweden, but the wurst
https://perero.wixsite.com/perero
Mike Thornton
View Profile
Regular user
Canton, MI
109 Posts

Profile of Mike Thornton
Looks like you just pilfered Rich Hill's designed base including the pucks in the corners. Are these yours to sell, I don't think so.
Perero
View Profile
New user
Skellefteå/Sweden
51 Posts

Profile of Perero
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2019, Mike Thornton wrote:
Looks like you just pilfered Rich Hill's designed base including the pucks in the corners. Are these yours to sell, I don't think so.

It is Rich Hills design on the crystal cage with the pucks in the corners, but the picture is just to recognize the illusion, The book is only about the base and legs with case, there are many hours behind the thinking of the base and legs to pack small, work with any type of illusion that uses this type of base, and is fairly easy to build.
I have drawn a couple of illusions for this base I call UltiBase (and UltiLegs) and all illusions are only inspired by others not copied, and I have tryed to leave as many options I could think of to make the illusions uniqe and the same time invite the builder to design something of there own.
Perero
View Profile
New user
Skellefteå/Sweden
51 Posts

Profile of Perero
This is the final cover for the book showing the base, legs and case (and light shaded crystal cage on top) And the next post contain a picture with a few pages from the book

Perero
View Profile
New user
Skellefteå/Sweden
51 Posts

Profile of Perero
And here are a few pages from the book

aposjf12
View Profile
New user
New York City
96 Posts

Profile of aposjf12
Darren Romeo has a beautiful Crystal Casket design. I believe it’s called the “Romeo Casket.” It looks like an antique tank put on rollers and not a magic prop. It also incorporates BA into the base which adds to the deception. Saw him perform it at the Magic Castle and it was a real fooler.
aposjf12
View Profile
New user
New York City
96 Posts

Profile of aposjf12
Here’s a link to Darren Romeo performing his crystal casket. Not the clearest video but it’ll give you a good idea of his design. Starts at 2:24

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qqDj-RYC39M
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
I’ve seen Darren perform a few times, such a great personality. He does a great job of getting the audience on his side really quick, which takes talent!

Something I really like about his Crystal Casket performance is that he assembles it in front of the audience, including a bottom / floor piece of the casket which adds a new piece of mystery to the illusion.
aposjf12
View Profile
New user
New York City
96 Posts

Profile of aposjf12
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2019, thomasR wrote:
I’ve seen Darren perform a few times, such a great personality. He does a great job of getting the audience on his side really quick, which takes talent!

Something I really like about his Crystal Casket performance is that he assembles it in front of the audience, including a bottom / floor piece of the casket which adds a new piece of mystery to the illusion.

I completely agree. Darren has the unique ability to form a bond with audience almost immediately. As for his casket the first time I saw him perform it the bottom part of the assembly really fooled me. His entire show is worth seeing. You get your money worth and it’s also a great way to see Blackstones Floating Lightbulb which Darren performs exactly the same way.
Mike Thornton
View Profile
Regular user
Canton, MI
109 Posts

Profile of Mike Thornton
His casket was made by Thom Rubino, Thom made about 6 of these, all very similar in design. One of the nicest out there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Crystal Casket (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL