The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo Elite » » Moonspinner (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
I assume that the illusionary disc created is too small to pass off as a half-dollar?

Unfortunately this is my standard size for manipulation. Which is too bad since otherwise this seems like a great way to introduce a coin to start a routine ;(
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
en2oh
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of en2oh
Quote:
On 2009-11-25 08:00, Jason Palter wrote:
Hello all:

I just wanted to say that, Kevin, I think that is a great idea to do with the Moonspinner paddle! It's a very unique way to hand it out for inspection, and the size is perfect to do this----I never thought of this idea before.

Steve, Peter and I have been (reluctantly! Smile ) saying that as good as our routines and ideas are that we include with our Elite editions, BETTER ones will always seem come from our purchasers! Smile

Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited / Tenyo Elite
(416) 410-5766

Congratulations on a great release.
I can't say that I've searched the forums so if you have already done this, sorry, but have you folks taken time to describe the process you went through to get permission to release these Tenyo Golden Oldies? I know that I would be interested in seeing how you went about that (if you don't think that it would somehow conflict with your business plans)

As an aside, are you limited only to out of production effects or can you release any of the current Tenyo effects as "elite"?
Thanks
Doug
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

Sorry that there was no response earlier Cyberqat; I think we missed this thread by accident! Anyhow the disc illusion that is created is closer in size to that of a quarter. However (and I'm just brainstorming here): Maybe you could use the Moonspinner to introduce a quarter, and mention that you really wanted something larger, and then change it to a Half-Dollar yourself!......just a thought.

And en2oh, thank you for your kind words. There was a wonderful article written about our start-up history in last the 2009 March issue of MAGIC. We of course don't (and can't!) give away all of the process and secrets, but you could read about some stuff there. If you can't find the issue, please PM me and I can send you a PDF copy of the story so you can read it.

Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited / Tenyo Elite
(416) 410-5766
superpixel
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
133 Posts

Profile of superpixel
Hank Lee is selling Moonspinner for $70 -- quite a bargain and it was just the right price for me to jump in. I'm duly impressed. While Moonspinner is a simple trick (compared to Blue Crystal, which hasn't been released yet), the metal construction is simply fantastic and the effect is worth the sturdy props and price.

Thanks to the Elite team for making this, I hope you follow through with more Smile
-- superpixels / victor / banana wizard --
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2009-11-18 17:33, Kevin Gardner wrote:
Presentation as a Paddle Trick

The Moonspinner is a paddle, but the Tenyo routine is not a classical, "paddle trick."

Here's the only video I could find on-line of a Moonspinner performance, the magician is performing a mixture of the Tenyo Moonspinner instructions and a, "paddle trick" presentation:
CLICK HERE

Thanks, always wanted to see it in action.
mrpiper
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
131 Posts

Profile of mrpiper
WOW! I've had the original plastic moon spinner for nearly 20 years. It's one of my favorites and has held up very well. I would describe it as absolutely mint condition. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the new version. I wanted it but couldn't justify the cost when I have a perfectly good model. Then you blew me away with the idea that what I had was an antique? $60.00 on ebay? If anyone here wants a nearly new (20 year old) moonspinner in perfect condition, and is willing to shell out $60.00, just send the PM and it's all yours. I'm gonna upgrade!
wazowski
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of wazowski
I just received my Moonspinner Elite in the mail. I bought it because of the video - even though it doesn't capture the optical illusion. It's incredibly well made and will last a lifetime. I must say I hope the runs on the next products will be more than 50-100. I understand that 500 may have been too high, but I would like to be able to afford to still buy them and to be able get them. Can't wait for the next one!!!!
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Glad you are enjoying it Wazowski
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Hey Peter,

Tenyo Elite is really nice Smile

I was wondering if the new illusions will have hard mini cases to store them in instead of bags, which can get banged up easier than a box can.

Thanks
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Hi that'sCool, thanks for the commments! They currently do not come in bags, so I am a bit confused. They come in soft leather cases, that keep them very well protected. The items thus far are made from metal, so they are not easily broken if dropped or abused, so really all that needs protecting, is their finish. So we found the soft leather cases did an excellent job of protecting the props.
However we are changing our company format in the way we will be doing things, the biggest change being the quantity in which we produce the products, and In some instances, hard cases may be called for with certain non metal props, whereas in other instances the soft leather cases will continue to excell with other products.

Peter.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I'm hoping that'sCool didn't get a knock-off or an incomplete package second hand. A bag?
I thought the leather cases were great, and the storage boxes were more than enough to protect the contents.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
the fritz
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of the fritz
Great illusion but if anyone is looking for one, I have decided to sell mine in the tricks for sale section at a pretty good price. Just fyi...
aechecop
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of aechecop
The whole presentation is top notch, from the outer box, the leather case, and the prop itself. Quality all the way.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I have what is hopefully a really good routine with "Moonspinner" in the Tenyo book. It requires sleight of hand, but allows you to very convincingly and magically produce three coins. Would look nice with the "Elite" version of the prop.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I'm looking forward to that. I've always thought these were compelling props (especially the Elite version) that could be explored further. They have that carnival kind of appeal...maybe a little bit over the top visually...almost a toy rather than a scientific experiment, but they are still quite mysterious and provocative looking.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
ComposerCopenhagen
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of ComposerCopenhagen
In Denmark where I live we have only silver coins with a little hole in the middle. Would this destroy the illusion?
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Hello Composer, as long as the coin is silver it should not effect the illusion at all.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo Elite » » Moonspinner (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL