The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Cash Out by Will Tsai and SM Productionz - DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I got it from SM productions, no video, web based instructions. It looks very good in my opinion, actually just like the demo but it is obviously a quicky. It is easy to contruct, repair, replace etc. It does take up space, the space of several bills but no more.
westo
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of westo
As stated above the DVD misses out a major part of the construction and setting.
Although you can get this part when you go to the website. Hopefully they are going to sort this!
It is well worth taking the half an hour or so to construct the gimmick, I had 99 per cent of the materials required at home.In the end it does as it should as per the demo.
Nice effect!
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek'..'The Westo Dump' and the 'Westolope'
Bungee
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Bungee
I must admit that I do not like the fact that the DVD does not contain all the info needed to contstruct and perform this effect. Also the wallet needed must be very deep for this effect to look half way decent.

Will not be a worker for me unfortunately.
Will Tsai
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Will Tsai
Hello, glad to see some feedbacks here on the Café'. I haven't been around much due to my insane schedule, please excuse my late presence. Thanks for all your support. Ever since the limited DVD version was out, I've received many PMs and emails from Café' members. I tried my best to answer them all personally if I could. Thanks for all the positive feedbacks. You guys has made my day!

To answer a few questions, this effect was designed for those situational moment rather than performie performance which people are expecting you to do magic. Works really well for me. And this is what I don't leave home without (my wallet.. lol). Most importantly, if you don't spend the bill, or if you get change back after you spent it (may it be $5/$1 bill...etc), this piece is instant reset the moment you put the money back to wallet! How neat! I too, didn't like the fact that the DVD does not contain the final part as to install the gimmick. However, the decision was made because the Installing process was very complicated and honestly quite difficult to explain in video format clearly. We've tried filming from different angle, but when the draft was shown to our layman reviewers, they were all confused about minor but important details in installation and adjustment after the gimmick is installed. For this reason, we decided to stick with the original explanation with step by step photo and written side notes. Since we are producing this limited version for a charity cause within a very limited budget, this is a small compromise we took to keep the retail price down so more people are able to participate and have fun with this piece.

Hope this answers all your concerns Smile Regarding the wallet size, I've used all kinds of bifold wallet. The current wallet I use is about 2 cm wider than the actual bill size locally. If anyone's having question about how to make this effect look good. A little practice will do the trick. And I am open to personal PMs on some additional tips.

Best,
Will Tsai
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
This does look good for that situational type of magic moment. I'm looking forward to seeing this in person.
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
Redsixer
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Redsixer
Where on the website does it show how to attach it to the wallet?
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Sorry. but I didn't care for it too much. Its just so easy to see whats going on. Yes it looks good, but everytome ive performed it the spectator says,"so its back in your wallet now, right?" Its looks good, but not really a rememberable trick. Ill stick with EB, and mabe EB2.0.. we will see when it comes out in 2 days
ReviewerMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of ReviewerMaster
Looking at the demo, this is more of a eye candy for the situational moment. My personal opinion is, if you catch their interest, but don't direct much attention to it, it's a miracle. If you get your audience to watch this miracle closely, they may be gaining too much RAM to think about it instead of just be amazed with what they see. This looks like my thing. I will be picking this one up soon and let everyone know how it goes.
madcats9
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of madcats9
Looks good on the video, but doesn't work in reality:
The gimmick absolutly sucks because it won't work with a normal wallet because it will get stuck. I tried around for hours but no chance to get it working.
Next problem is that the gimmick is too load for close-up situations in quieter areas (which is hidden by the music in the video) so you gave to perform next to a motorway.

Moreover transporting the gimmick in the wallet will make the gimmick look ugly after one day.
DVD production also is bad: lightning and contrast are horrible and the anoying music is too load for the mumbling voice.

Absolutly NOT RECOMMENDED!
gregkoren
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of gregkoren
A couple of thoughts about Cash Out.

First, I couldn't use my everday bifold wallet, as the main bill compartment has a divider, which complicated things, and my wallet is made of soft leather, which further complicated matters. So I bought an inexpensive bilfold wallet with one bill compartment that's made of stiffer material. Problems solved!

Second, when I made the gimmick (for a left-handed magician: me), I cut it as close to the size of the bill as possible. This eliminated the gimmick "peeking" out of the wallet after the transformation.

Cash Out requires a bit of handling to get the feel of it. But once you have it, I think it's a stellar effect!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2010-01-30 17:39, elimagic wrote:
Sorry. but I didn't care for it too much. Its just so easy to see whats going on. Yes it looks good, but everytome ive performed it the spectator says,"so its back in your wallet now, right?" Its looks good, but not really a rememberable trick. Ill stick with EB, and mabe EB2.0.. we will see when it comes out in 2 days

I had decided to purchase it today after logging off the Café. What you just said makes me change my mind.

You just saved me some bucks!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of markmiller
As an incidental bit of magic, not in a show, this can't be beat.
wolfmaster
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of wolfmaster
I was thinking in buying it but I had the same thought... would the spectator suspect the blanks went into the wallet again?
asherfox
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of asherfox
There is A review from your lovely assistant.
http://mylovelyassistant.com/products/view/11807
You may like to check this out before buying the effect.
hope this help.
ReviewerMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of ReviewerMaster
I've had great success of it. It's not a show piece, but definitely a killer in those situational moments. It's not a 3-5 minute routine that will get you great response, you get that reaction in seconds! Love it.

I bought it after reading the review from About.com and it's a great effect. If you are interested, the about review is below

http://forums.about.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx......tid=5351

Hope this helps.

Heins
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Spent time making this yesterday only to find it doesn't work in my billfold wallet.

Firstly, what's the deal with the installation instructions? To leave them off a DVD makes no sense & is pretty frustrating considering we have to make it ourselves. I've just gone to the website to get them only to find you need a password which I don't have. I doubt these instructions are going to make any difference but I'd still like to see them.

Also, I don't know what kind of grease lined wallet Will's using but there's no way this can work in the UK with our size notes. The gimmick doesn't even sit in the wallet without being seen!

Complete waste of my time & money.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Cash Out by Will Tsai and SM Productionz - DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL