The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Sefalaljia Seance Idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

OnTiltSoon
View Profile
Special user
Barcelona
543 Posts

Profile of OnTiltSoon
First of all sorry for my English, it's not my native language.

I was reading again Annemann's Practical Mental Magic and fell in love with Sefalaljia (again).

I started looking for effects for it, other the the basic ones, and found this http://www.magicnook.com/WizJournal/WJ-1......evisited

I want to prepare a seance using Sefalaljia , and came up with the following story:

There was a rich couple in the early 1900's that struggled to have kids, finally they had one. But when he was 6 he had an accident and died. (I have to find why he died. It is better if it's his parent's fault)

The couple was so desperate and felt so guilty that they contacted a medium to find out what they could do to have their child back. She asked the couple if the child had something he was very attached to, and they said he was very attached to his box of toys.

The medium told them to take the box to her, and she would use it to make a box for the child to play from the other side (Sefalaljia).

The medium made the box in exchange of a lot of money. And the couple could play with his child since then.

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine in London found this box at an antique shop, and has lend it to me so we could play with the child tonight...

What effects would fit this seance? I would start with the child playing with the ball and glass, then the ropers, ring, etc... He drinks his glass of milk, but the I would go with some more spooky things...

Any ideas? Thanks, this is a great forum!
- Joaquín Gasa Thomas
OnTiltSoon
View Profile
Special user
Barcelona
543 Posts

Profile of OnTiltSoon
The story has to be made more personal, everybody has to have a name.

Also instead of the original skull in the ball and glass effect, I would use a picture frame with the from of the child.

Another nice effect would be with small spirit slates...

Just another 2 cents
- Joaquín Gasa Thomas
Servaas Koomen
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Servaas Koomen
It sounds intriguing, I would visit your seance
"The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what" A.
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of Marqus
OnTiltSoon,

I have an effect in my ebook, Shuddershadow Mansion, that is at http://www.lybrary.com which about a kid's box of toys.
On the other hand, I also wrote a script using the Sefaljia effect in a prison setting.

Send me a private message (by clicking on the PM icon) and tonight I will get back to you about the "toys" effect.

You mention English isn't your native language. What country are you from?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Sefalaljia Seance Idea (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL