The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo Elite » » Blue Crystal & Soft Coins Release Date? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

trainwing
View Profile
New user
Hendersonville, TN
44 Posts

Profile of trainwing
When can we expect the Blue Crystal & Soft Coins effects to become available at the web site. There are no magic stores anywhere near me anymore (Middle Tennessee). Anxious, Anxious!
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Its March 2010, when are the last two 2009 Elite items going to be available? What is the 2010 line?
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I'm also very interested in buying Blue Crystal as my original one doesn't work anymore (I can't 'lift' the gimmick anymore without making a loud noise (the dgimmick gets stuck), so I prefer buying a better one then buying the original agagin.
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

I just wanted to let you know that we are working on the next release, and as soon as it is ready, we will let you know. Thank you for your patience and of course your business!

Best regards,

Jason Palter
The Tenyo Elite Team
http://www.tenyoelite.com

Phone: (416) 410-5766
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Maybe for Chrismas Smile
superpixel
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
133 Posts

Profile of superpixel
And can all future releases have an iPhone app to control the special something where appropriate?

I'm kidding Smile

Although using a slider on a phone to control Blue Crystal would be *awesome* Smile

Looking forward to the new stuff!
-- superpixels / victor / banana wizard --
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2538 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Why produce an Elite Tenyo effect such as 'Soft Coins'?

No disrespect, but this trick has had so much exposure - a really nasty, cheap plastic version (in pink!) was even in a Christmas Cracker we had the year before last.

I know that I will get the argument that people can still be fooled with a thumb tip, Svengali deck, etc. and I would totally agree. However, this is possibly because of the presentation/handling.

With an effect such as 'Soft Coins' - kids will know the 'modus operandi' - even if it's made in platinum or gold!
Barry Allen

Over 15 years have now passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
380 Posts

Profile of dragonash
I'm looking forward to seeing something with a mechanism.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I am not an impatient person but it really has been quite some time now ... . How about it Tenyo Elite guys?
I was waiting for Blue Crystal as an Elite item because my original one broke but do you people have an idea when it will be released (it is still part of the 2009 line I think Smile )?
Also, any idea about the selling price?

Some update would be welcome.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2538 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
And as the tumbleweed rolls gently past in the wind......................
Barry Allen

Over 15 years have now passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

I am writing this on behalf of my partners Steve Brooks, Peter Loughran and myself.

Merc Man, thank you for your post. I'm sure you didn't mean it to sound as nasty and sarcastic as it reads.

As you imagine, the economy worldwide is pulling itself out of a crazy crisis. During times like these, "luxury" items like magic tricks (including "Tenyo Elite" products) suffer in sales. I don't need to tell you how many magic shops have closed down, and how many others are having difficulty making ends meet in the last couple of years. Many magic creators that we know are also having their own financial problems.

As of right now, "Tenyo Elite" has had quite a bit of success from our first two products. However we have only sold about 1/2 of our stock that we had manufactured. While we have other Tenyo Elite products in development and in the prototype phase, we really need to sell the rest of our stock on our first 2 items before we spend money to make more. That is just a fact of business. How can we do this if not enough magicians are supporting us? Merc Man, pardon me for being so direct, but have you purchased one of the first two items to help support the line? If your answer is "no" and your reason is that you don't like the first 2 tricks, well then all I can say is, "Welcome to the world of producing magic!".....You simply can't please everyone----someone always wants something different.

Like many around the world, we see the economy improving, and Tenyo has been so supportive of us and also understands that we need more time. When we put this project together we were confident that they would sell much quicker, but unfortunately the world entered a recession at the time of our debut. But if we can't sell what we have, then we can't put out the next round as quickly as we would like to.

Tenyo Elite is a product line that magicians have been asking for for decades! They wanted Tenyo tricks in higher-end materials.....Well we have now delivered, and yet we are not getting enough support. It almost seems that when comments like Merc Man's read that nasty and sarcastic, it is as though other magicians want us to fail, which is very discouraging.

Also the three of us (Steve, Peter and I) are very busy with our other businesses, and so we have just hired a rep to do sales for us. We hope that this move will help to improve our sales and exposure to shops. We are still amazed at how many shops around the world have never heard of "Tenyo Elite", and are confident that our rep will help to change this.

We are in no way wanting to abandon this project. Lucky for us, the three of us also have very successful businesses in other areas of magic. These businesses allow us to not completely rely on the income from "Tenyo Elite", and also let us take our time (as we are doing now) if we have to. We don't want to do it this way, but given the state of the world and the lack of support from some in the magic world, this is something that is a reality for us right now. If you want to see the new tricks come out faster, then please support us----this is basic economics. If you cannot support us, then we respectfully ask you to be patient while we sell more of our stock during this economic crisis.

Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited / Tenyo Elite
(416) 410-5766
guyjr
View Profile
New user
Don't mind me and my
57 Posts

Profile of guyjr
Quote:
We are still amazed at how many shops around the world have never heard of "Tenyo Elite", and are confident that our rep will help to change this.

Just thought I'd give a bit of my own personal experience with this... when I was in Myrtle Beach a couple weeks ago on vacation, I visited one of the two big magic shops down there (I won't say specifically which one to protect the innocent), and as I was asking about Tenyo, the proprietor of the shop said to me essentially that Tenyo was going to be coming out with this new line called Tenyo Elite. He didn't even realize it had been available for a year already!

So, yes, I agree with the statement above, a sales rep will definitely help spread the message about Tenyo Elite. And just fyi, I am planning on buying the Elite version of Fortune Sticks next week at Tannen's (hopefully they still have some in stock!)
SydBeckman
View Profile
New user
Tennessee
93 Posts

Profile of SydBeckman
Jason,

I would love to see soft coins come out soon. Regardless, I suggest you change your website which currently still advertises that new tricks will be released yearly. As 2010 is almost at a close, it puts into question the integrity of entire company.
Syd
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
380 Posts

Profile of dragonash
...don't forget to question the integrity of the entire country's economy.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2010-10-03 18:54, SydBeckman wrote:
Jason,

I would love to see soft coins come out soon. Regardless, I suggest you change your website which currently still advertises that new tricks will be released yearly. As 2010 is almost at a close, it puts into question the integrity of entire company.

I disagree that the company's integrity is somehow in question.

Any ongoing business in America MUST adjust to a changing economy, and smart firms will do what it takes to survive. Integrity is about being straight with your customers and not sugar coating things. This is the worst economy (easily) since the great depression. Some business is thriving, but others are obviously not.

Give Tenyo Elite and their founders a small break and support their efforts to survive and hopefully continue to amaze. I don't own any Tenyo elite products, but I do plan to buy some of their products in the near future to support their efforts.

Questioning their integrity doesn't wash - They have launched their baby and the initial products are beautiful & classy in my opinion.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo Elite » » Blue Crystal & Soft Coins Release Date? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL