The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Twisting the arm extras (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mrbungle
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of mrbungle
When performing the twisting the arm illusion you can use a piece of walnut to bite on to make horrifyng cracking sound. Does anyone know of a way to attach a piece of fish wire without seeing the ends of it. to make the twisted arm effect?

regards,

mr bungle
Grandia Enterprises inc. 1974
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
I used a plastic cup in ziplock bag in the arm pit to make the noise.

as far as the fishing line. I had attached mine with a little clip tied to the end which fastened to my bracelet, or watch. The other end can be tied to a saftey pin, pinned to the inside of your jacket or shirt.

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
mrbungle
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of mrbungle
thanx P. the ziplock is good. I guess you have to wear jewelry right?
Grandia Enterprises inc. 1974
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Bungle,

Not necessarily, you could use some industrial clear tape, or maybe even just tie it around your wrist. I just wanted it easily removable. It stays tucked away and when ready just clip it on, load the ziplock bag w/cup, and your all set. Quick and easy! And it's just as fast to get rid of it all too.

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Baz94
View Profile
New user
Kent/Eng
91 Posts

Profile of Baz94
I came up with an idea that gets a few laughs. So far, I have only done it a few times and filmed it once when performing to a friend.

Start as normal with the routine. Both mine and specs hands are flat.......

Then there is music.... "Tubular Bells" (From Exorcist)

My arm does the twist as the exorcist theme is playing, when my hand turns, spec sees a face of Linda Blair on the back of my hand.....
when my hand twists all the way, green goop sprays from under my hand.

"The Exorcist's twisting arm" trick. Just a little add on to make it more interesting.

NB: I do the spray of goop in a way that dosen't ruin the carpet.... I don't do it on a carpeted floor Smile
Ellimist
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Ellimist
I agree with peter on the "breaking the arm noise, but a word of advice is that a styrofaom cup sounds more like a human bone breaking. I used the plastic cup on my brother and he could tell that it was a plastic cup. Others are baffled with a styrofoam cup.
TOBIAS
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle Magic
221 Posts

Profile of TOBIAS
I don't make any sounds unless someone pulls my finger Smile
Once I've done the twist twice around, I pull my sleves up and ask if any one has a clue? NO? Then I do that wierd thing of Dan Harlan's that looks like you have two left hands... This gets some of the best reactions. Try it it is funny as hell.
Smile
Be true to your art, and it will be true to you
misdirection master
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of misdirection master
Before I make any bone breaking sounds I always have the spectator come and pull my hand around but resist at first then when they pull again I slowly let it go around so when the bone cracking sound comes it seems like I really broke my arm. I always used hard celophane for the breaking arm sound because it never shattered and I can reuse it. Smile
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
I use elbow Mac. Inbetween my teeth for the sound.
Most magically yours,
WR

Do you ever have the Spect. pull your armaround?? Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Twisting the arm extras (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL