The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Chicago Sandwich? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Just1pin
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Just1pin
Hello Magic Café (my first post)

I have been playing around with impromptu Red Hot Mama/Chicago Opener effects and presentations. Right now I am working with a sandwich effect that plays to the original theme... I can't imagine that this is an original idea, I haven't heard or seen anything like it, but I also don't have a very extensive library to reference...it goes something like this....

4 Queens are removed from the Deck, 2 cards are selected, First spectator is asked which queens they would like to use, they say RED, The red queens are place in the deck and locate the first selected card in a traditional sandwich way. These 3 cards (red queens and selected card) are placed down on the table. Now the second spectator places the BLACK Queens into the deck to find the second selected card, they fail and finally the second card is revealed between the RED queens on the table. Make sense?

I have worked out a decent method and like the effect so far, but I would love some more knowledgeable folks to let me know if there are similar effects I should look into and study as I develop this further.

any thoughts or comments would be appreciated,
cheers,
J
ugdini13
View Profile
Loyal user
Chino,Ca
259 Posts

Profile of ugdini13
Off the top my my Head, Michael Ammar has a very similar trick in print and On Video . It is called Switching Sandwhiches.

Magic of Michael Ammar Book
Michael Ammar A touc of Magic-Cards VHS

Kelly
"Perfection is in the details, but detail is no Perfection"-Dai Vernon
Just1pin
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Just1pin
@Kelly

Hey Kelly,

Thanks for the info. I looked into this and Michael Ammar's plot is very similar. The method he uses is a bit different then I came up with, but just minor handling differences.

Thanks again
Justin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Chicago Sandwich? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL