The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Medium duty hand truck/dolly with larger wheels... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Anyone know of a medium duty dolly/hand truck with larger wheels? Those little hard rubber casters that you usually find on medium dolly's really suck, and the ones with nice larger pneumatic/inflatable wheels are always way too big and bulky (for moving beer kegs and such...)

I REALLY don't want to have to fabricate one myself...

Right now my rig is all carried over the shoulders, but a hand truck option would be nice.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
epoptika
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
477 Posts

Profile of epoptika
Have you checked out the compact, folding dolly at Home Depot? (or was it Lowes?)
epoptika
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
477 Posts

Profile of epoptika
It's Lowes.

Best Wheel Products Folding Hand Truck
Item # 171232
Model # H003A

The whole contraption folds up into a compact, flat, little package.
Quite nifty!
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
670 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
I just saw some at Office Depot.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
marD
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of marD
I got mine from Sam's Club. It's called the Magna Cart and folds up pretty compact...
At Ease Tees - Christian apparel and other items!
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
OK, thanks for the suggestions guys. I'd like to find one that has large ( 10" or larger ) wheels, but that seems to be unavailable in a light duty dolly.

I appreciate the effort, though.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
This is what I recommend. I've even used it as a side table in a pinch at a gig I did at an outdoor fair. Folds right up and goes in the car with everything else nice and small. Nice wheels. rolls over anything.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/15......cro.html

www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
I have a model like this I got a home depot... Is folds up real small and is well made meduim duty..

http://www.greenlightoffice.com/office/s......-39.html
Shawn.
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
Go to magliner.com you can buy wheels for the heavy duty hand trucks and put them on the lighter weight hand trucks.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2010-04-14 13:24, Frank Starsini wrote:
This is what I recommend. I've even used it as a side table in a pinch at a gig I did at an outdoor fair. Folds right up and goes in the car with everything else nice and small. Nice wheels. rolls over anything.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/15......cro.html

Oh... I remember seeing this one a long time ago at a vendor's van at an arts/crafts fair! Awesome find Frank, thanks for bringing that to my attention!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2010-04-14 13:40, ShawnB wrote:
I have a model like this I got a home depot... Is folds up real small and is well made meduim duty..

I had one like this where the wheels fold in which is nice but the gear that does the folding was made of plastic and quickly broke, leaving me swearing outloud, dragging my rig over dirt with the wheels folded in. If you get one, make sure it does not have plastic parts.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
travisb
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
548 Posts

Profile of travisb
Agreed. I bought a cheap one. It lasted a week. I thought, "hey, it was dirt cheap, I'll just buy another and not work it so hard," so I did. It lasted one and a half blocks. So I went out and bought a bulky pneumatic tire one, way too big but not going to break.

If I could find a really sturdy looking folding hand truck I'd buy it. The big one is really too much, even for lugging around an amp. It's kind of ridiculous, although I do have peace of mind.

-Travis
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
http://www.spacepac.com.au/Brochures/Tro......g_NP.pdf

It took me a while to find it. The name is RuXXac. I've never seen a better folding hand cart. They come in 3 sizes, and I've owned the 2 biggest.

They are not plastic. They are made from reinforced nylon and are very durable. I carry heavy loads with mine and they last 5 years, easy.

Another reason I can recommend them, is because it's possible to fly with them. I wrap it in heavy plastic and duct tape and it's considered just another piece of luggage. If you get a nice check-in person they can even allow it as carry-on at no extra charge.

The price is right, too.

You could also google "Wesco Maxi Mover". It's another good example that I found while hunting down the Ruxxac.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
RuXXac

I think I've found the "holy Grail" of handcarts. Unfortunately, the Jumbo size has been discontinued, but I know it's still out there... Somewhere...

Thanks Chance!
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
The Jumbo was a MONSTER. It was a folding cart strong enough to haul a fridge. I would never recommend it anyway for a busker. The mid-size cart is plenty for guys like us.

There's a Wesco Maxi Mover at Amazon right now for $115. It's rated for 250lbs and weighs just 12lbs, just right for busking & travel. I'd grab it, but I still have my Ruxxac.
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of Christopher Rinaldi
Quote:
On 2010-04-14 15:17, Frank Starsini wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-04-14 13:40, ShawnB wrote:

I had one like this where the wheels fold in which is nice but the gear that does the folding was made of plastic and quickly broke, leaving me swearing outloud, dragging my rig over dirt with the wheels folded in. If you get one, make sure it does not have plastic parts.

I had a folding hand cart with those same kinda wheels, it lasted a couple months before the plastic nubs which helped keep the wheels open wore down. The dang thing would wobble horrendously.
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
Thanks Frank,
This looks like the winner. Just FYI, I found it at Musicians Friend for $99 and FREE shipping... http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/p......ZYXSEM=0

Now if I can just come up with a way to put wheels under my Fender sound system...the hand truck works but it won't go through doorways because of the width but it has fantastic sound...
Bill
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Simple one I use, often can be found in a pound shop.
Is a shoping trolley they come with a bag on them.
I don't have a link, they where designed for penseoners in mind.
They are cheap $20, light and qwite endurable.
If you go for this opptions, You need to look out for the one with rubber wheel brim avoid the plastic ones.
Mario
PS they look like this, (shame about the storie, got to laugh)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopi......ley.html
I just remove the bag and your good to go. They do varie greatly in price, I chinese bazzre shop whould be ideal.
Remember Grandma knows best.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
Harbor Frieght Tools has a variety of carts, dollies and hand trucks. Though they can be hit and miss...some good deals, but also some chintzy merchandise

http://www.harborfreight.com/
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Medium duty hand truck/dolly with larger wheels... (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL