The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Looking for a magician and/or juggler in Columbus, Ohio (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doug Follett
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of Doug Follett
I'm not sure where to post this on the Café', but I thought I'd start here, because this involves a 3rd grader at my Church in Indianapolis. I'll attempt to be very brief. He's an extraordinary little guy who has "adopted" about 500 kids at Fairmoor Elementary School in Columbus, Ohio. He has personally written the presidents of Build-A-Bear and Dominos Pizza, and they in turn have provided free bears and pizza party's to these kids because of his ideas. Last Sunday he asked if I knew how to locate a magician or juggler to entertain them for an end-of-year party. I don't know where to begin and am hoping some of you may be able to steer me in the right direction, or even be the person to help him out. His name is Hawk, and he's an awesome young Christian, and yes, is in 3rd grade.

He just sent me a follow up e-mail which I will paste here:

Hello Mr. Doug

Here is the information about my kids party. The party is on June 1st in Columbus Ohio at

Fairmoor Elementary
3281 Mayfair Park Place
Columbus Ohio 43213
June 1st
My contact information is 317-733-8817

Mr. Doug the party will be given during my kids lunch periods. There are three short lunch periods with breaks in between. My kids have never seen live magicians or jugglers before and I have been saving and earning money to give them this party and I really want them to experience live entertainment. I have $208.17 that I have saved and earned to pay for entertainment for my kids. I figured I will need someone for a couple of hours to just hang out with the kids and entertain them during their lunch time.

I have been trying to find someone in Columbus Ohio but I am having trouble finding someone. I did find one person but he wanted $600.00 which is way way out of my budget. I heard about a guy named Owen Smith who is with a group called jest jugglers but I haven't been able to reach him to see if he is available. I am running out of time and I have to find someone fast. Mr. Doug I cannot say thank you to you enough for checking into this. I pray I hear back from you very soon.

Thank you again
Graciously, Hawk
317-733-8817
HawkTheBrave@Gmail.com
Wes Holly
View Profile
Special user
Cincinnati, OH, USA
644 Posts

Profile of Wes Holly
Another idea would be for the young gentleman to contact the local sports mascot and see what their policy is concerning reduced rate or donated appearances. Time is not on his side. Is there a clown alley in his area? Sometimes they have members who willingly participate in good causes.

wes holly
Happily Yours,
Wes Holly
www.wesholly.com
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Doug Follett
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of Doug Follett
Thanks for the post Wes. You're right, time is running out. I will pass your suggestions on to him. Thanks again.

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Looking for a magician and/or juggler in Columbus, Ohio (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL