The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Index for www.ChristianMagician.org (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Terrific resource Roger! Glad I ran across this thread today!
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
I am looking for Alan kazans rope, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okb9Szy347Y
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Thank you Wally! Alan is a great guy- go to the Alan Kazam website and shoot him an email, I'm sure he'll respond asap. Alan is a full time magician- does restaurants, parties, stage shows, everything.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
On the youtube clip its an older guy
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Hi Wally -

The rope trick you're mentioning is an older trick. Sometimes called 2-to-1 rope, the rope with 4 ends, etc. I learned how to make my own years ago from instructions in a magic book (I can't remember which book). I made my own in the 1970s or 1980s.

Duane Laflin even sells a DVD on the trick, which he calls "The Illusion of One Rope":

https://www.laflinmagicstore.com/Basic-M......mior.htm

He's also performed the trick on some of his other DVDs, because I remember watching it recently. (I was watching a bunch of Duane Laflin DVDs back in July and August, when I was recovering from surgery.)

- Donald

P.S. I think you're right, Wally. The Alan Kazam on the YouTube clip is not the one from Michigan (I know him, too). There are a few performers out there with that stage name.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Www.stevensmagic.com (and other dealers I presume) sell for $65 the master class DVD "The Nightmare 3-2-1 Rope Trick" by Nick Lewin. Not sure if that is the effect or not...
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2017, MagicBus wrote:
Www.stevensmagic.com (and other dealers I presume) sell for $65 the master class DVD "The Nightmare 3-2-1 Rope Trick" by Nick Lewin. Not sure if that is the effect or not...

From the video clip on Steven's website, I'm assuming that Nick Lewin's DVD is about the Professor's Nightmare (and variations on that), which is a totally different rope trick. MagicBus (Roger), did you actually watch the YouTube clip that Wally linked to? You have responded with comments about a different Alan Kazam and comments about a different rope trick. It's really a short video clip. Less than a minute to watch.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Thank you Donald for the info,
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Whoops, am I bad. I did not realize this video clip was not of Michigan's Alan Kazam. Yikes, small world. Anyway, I am not sure about the origin of this particular rope routine - enjoyed it though... Brad Brown's rope routine on Now That's Magic #1 at www.ChristianMagician.org is long multi-phase routine if I recall and very well done. I myself know virtually nothing about rope tricks other than the routines performed now seem so much better than tthe simple cut and restored ones I saw as a kid at Abbott's.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
FYI: Duane Laflin allowed us to use some of his Gospel magic videos in many of our programs indexed above. I noticed today, 2-13-2018, the www.LaflinMagicStore.com is having a tremendous sale with some of the Laflin items used in these videos now on sale. Some of the tricks are greatly discounted. I have no idea how this particular sale will last, but at this time many silks, sponge balls, DVDs and specific Gospel tricks are available right now at very affordable prices.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
The KaZoo Chapter of the FCM is meeting Saturday, October 13, from 10am-1pm at Lighthouse Community Church, 4321 S. 11th Street in Kalamazoo (in the south Lighthouse Kids wing). We may be filming some more segments for www.ChristianMagician.org MagicBob over the next two weeks is totally redesigning this web site to last for the next three years. Check it out again in September.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
The redesign by MagicBob is now done! Looks fantastic! Our website had over 100,000 views, this new site is even better. Many many hours of free Gospel Magic and chalk art totally free viewing. We are filming more segments on Saturday, October 13, 2018, from 10am-1pm at Lighthouse Community Church, 4321 S. 11th Street in Kalamazoo in the kids wing - all invited to attend - bring your favorite Gospel magic routines to film 🎆 Check out www.ChristianMagician.org A performer and topical index is already posted: see my previous posts in this thread above (on pages 1 and 2).
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I was just rewatching MagicBob perform live before a large audience of kids on the Logos Hope ship stage on the "Magic With A Message Program #2" on www.ChristianMagician.org web site, great stuff! After 100,000 total views on all our previous video shows, MagicBob just placed all our programs linked directly with YouTube for the first time as well. Thank You MagicBob for doing this! All FCMers are WELCOME to bring your favorite Gospel routines for video taping brand new segments for www.ChristianMagician.org on Saturday, October 13, 2018 from 10am-1pm in the kids wing at Lighthouse Community Church, 4321 S. 11th in Kalamazoo. Hope to see you there!
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Had a good filming session - ad-libbed - fun- doing new routines for the first time. MagicBob will be compiling some footage into a new program shortly for www.ChristianMagician.org My favorite new gag was MagicBob producing a rabbit from his top hat- his pet rabbit who just "loves" working for him- who then hilariously snarls at him when MagicBob is looking away. It's called a "Fiesty Pets Vicky Vicious 8.5 inch plush Rabbit" and is available online or at a toy store near you for about $20. Just a HOOT, kids are going to love Vicky Vicious, a perfect funny substitution for all the many tricks designed for use with a live rabbit. I may use it with my rabbit wringer, had to order a Vicky Vicious right away. Our next meeting of the FCM West Michigan Chapter will be in Grand Rapids in January, 2019: Exact date, location and Saturday time will be posted later here.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
We will most definitely be keeping this website going. However, both MagicBob and myself would like to have someone else take up the new organizational leadership of the West Michigan Chapter of the FCM- calling and planning meetings, promoting it through the new Chapter support through The Voice of the FCM, etc.. We plan on attending and supporting our local Chapter for sure, but we ourselves are taking a leave from setting up future meetings. Contact Beth Salo (FCM Secretary) at the FCM if you'd like to champion and take that leadership role of our local WM FCM Chapter (also known as the KaZoo Chapter if the FCM). We'd like to continue making more videos for the website too 😁
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
We hope as a Chapter now headed up by MagicBob to visit Duane Laflin's New storefront in Colon soon!
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
You can download for free on pdf on this site as well my Gospel magic routine on prayer using the Chinese Sticks prop. 5 other PDFs there as well including for the Strat-O-Spheres and Mirror Frame. 😀 🪞 ✝️
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I'm very happy to report we will be posting in a few weeks a free brand new 1 hour live video Gospel magic/magic/chalk art/vent show, filmed in 2021 and edited by Randy Craven at the Grand Magic Theater in Colon, hopefully around 02/02/2022. Then another new 1/2 hour show will be posted later from footage from that same day. Performers include Duane Laflin, MagicBob and SuZie, P.J. Weber, Rick Fisher, Randy Craven and me (just horsing around). Very informally shot in one afternoon in a few hours, was a hoot to be there. We hope to make more in 2022. 😀
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
The brand new FOURTH series "Now That's Magic!" 2022 is posted at www.ChristianMagician.org This includes two shows: 1 hour and another 1/2 hour. Fun to make, hope to post more!
Zuzyak
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Zuzyak
The previous episodes were much more interesting, well, at least for me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Index for www.ChristianMagician.org (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL